Windows 10: I bought a new ssd for my computer

Discus and support I bought a new ssd for my computer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi. Some months ago i bought a new ssd and i installed windwos on it. Everything was fine but i couldn't format my old ssd i tried everything cmd,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by leoo4, May 20, 2020.

1. leoo4 Win User

I bought a new ssd for my computer

Hi.

Some months ago i bought a new ssd and i installed windwos on it. Everything was fine but i couldn't format my old ssd i tried everything cmd, diskpart 3rd party applications etc. But nothing was working, i was able to delete the windows folder but formatting the ssd maked nothing happen and maked the windows folder appear back.

Anyone can help? Thanks

sorry for my English

:)

leoo4, May 20, 2020

2. Bought a New SSD

i bought a new 500gb SSD and would like to use it instead of my old hard drive. I have a windows product key and tried to download the windows 10 installation media to a usb but it said there was a problem. If i just take out my old hard drive and plug in
    my new SSD, can i just reboot my computer and instert my windows activation key? Or do i have to do the windows 10 installation media, an if so how to i avoid getting the error?

Here is a link of my computer parts:

System Builder

LiamErickson, May 20, 2020
  3. Convert from HD to SSD and install to new computer

Hi Microsoft,

I have windows 10 pro and Microsoft office 365 installed at old computer.

I planed to convert The HD to SSD and than The SSD will install to new computer.

What must step/procedure be followed to successfully the installation at new computer?

Thank you.

AriefSulistyawan, May 20, 2020
  4. I bought a new ssd for my computer

Recovering Windows 10 to new SSD

Two months ago, I bought a new Asus desktop PC with Win10 preinstalled. Last week, I bought and installed an SSD. It was my intent to clone the old hard drive onto the new one using the software included with the drive (from Acronis) but that failed.
    Being pretty tech savvy, I tried to fix the problem myself, but one thing led to another and now Windows cannot boot, either from the SSD or from the original mechanical drive.

A fellow tech savvy friend and I have surmised that the original SSD was defective, so I bought another one and plan to install it tomorrow morning. I created a recovery drive (with the OS files included) before I installed the defective drive, so I have
    a means to recover Windows to the new SSD. This leads me to my question.

Does Windows Recovery create the necessary partitions for you, or is it something I need to do myself? Since I have a new system, it runs on UEFI instead of BIOS, and I'm pretty unfamiliar with using utilities (e.g. DISKPART) to create them from scratch.
    So, if I need to do anything to the new drive before running the recovery, I'd appreciate a step-by-step walkthrough.

The computer was a Microsoft Signature Edition Asus, so my recovery drive is as plain vanilla as one can get.

Thanks,

Luke

LukeJensen972, May 20, 2020
Thema:

I bought a new ssd for my computer

1. I bought a new ssd for my computer - Similar Threads - bought ssd computer

2. I bought a new ssd plus enclosure. The ssd then failed to initialize and no driver letter...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I bought a new ssd plus enclosure. The ssd then failed to initialize and no driver letter...: I bought a new ssd plus enclosure. The ssd then failed to initialize and no driver letter is thus assigned. With no driver lettet assigned, I cannot detect the ssd even using disk management....
  3. I bought a new ssd plus enclosure. The ssd then failed to initialize and no driver letter...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I bought a new ssd plus enclosure. The ssd then failed to initialize and no driver letter...: I bought a new ssd plus enclosure. The ssd then failed to initialize and no driver letter is thus assigned. With no driver lettet assigned, I cannot detect the ssd even using disk management....
  4. Bought a brand new computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bought a brand new computer: Well it seems the virus, replicator or whatever intruded my old computer, just took everything over. Couldn't delete suspicious stuff Had Advanced Security Pro installed a week after I got it. It kept making users & made a group policy. But nothing ever caught it! These...
  5. Bought a brand new computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bought a brand new computer: Well it seems the virus, replicator or whatever intruded my old computer, just took everything over. Couldn't delete suspicious stuff Had Advanced Security Pro installed a week after I got it. It kept making users & made a group policy. But nothing ever caught it! These...
  6. Bought a brand new computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. I bought a new computer..with Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I bought a new computer..with Windows 10.: I bought a new computer..with Windows 10. but when connecting the sound, the error "you need to activate windows befo[ATTACH]re you can personalize in Windows 10" appears....
  8. Bought a New SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bought a New SSD: i bought a new 500gb SSD and would like to use it instead of my old hard drive. I have a windows product key and tried to download the windows 10 installation media to a usb but it said there was a problem. If i just take out my old hard drive and plug in my new SSD, can i...
  9. I bought a new compute and am trying to synch my old favorites and documents with my new...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I bought a new compute and am trying to synch my old favorites and documents with my new...: I bought a new compute and am trying to synch my old favorites and documents with my new computer. Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-bought-a-new-compute-and-am-trying-to-synch-my/e606bdaa-5d18-4e09-9ccf-0b3d675ba035"
  10. Bought new computer and Bioshock2 will not start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bought new computer and Bioshock2 will not start: I played Bioshock 1 and 2 on my old computer. I bought a new computer. Bioshock 1 plays but Bioshock 2 will load and I get the "online release date check" message. What do I do. 111945