Windows 10: I bought a new windows computer. Created a Microsoft account with my email. Now it won't...

Discus and support I bought a new windows computer. Created a Microsoft account with my email. Now it won't... in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My daughter just created an ms account on her new laptop. It says she's part of a family and can't do anything. We have never set up a family ms... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Asha Patel1, Jan 16, 2023.

1. I bought a new windows computer. Created a Microsoft account with my email. Now it won't...

My daughter just created an ms account on her new laptop. It says she's part of a family and can't do anything. We have never set up a family ms account. I downloaded the app and started one, but says she can't join my family without leaving the first one. We have no idea what to do.

:)

Asha Patel1, Jan 16, 2023

2. Create a new Microsoft account.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

- Are you using Microsoft account or Local account?

To create a Microsoft account

• Type Accounts in the search bar and select the same.
    • Tap or click Add an account.
    • Enter the account info to sign in to Windows. There are four ways to do this:
      • If the person you're adding already has a Microsoft account, enter it now.
      • If the person you're adding doesn't have a Microsoft account, you can use their email address to create one. Enter the email address that person uses most frequently.
      • If the person you're adding doesn't have an email address, tap or click Sign up for a new email address. It's free.
      • If the person you're adding is a child, tap or click Add a child's account.
    • Follow the instructions to finish setting up the account.
    For more information refer the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-10

Hope the information helps, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Jan 16, 2023
  3. Kari Win User
    Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

4. I bought a new windows computer. Created a Microsoft account with my email. Now it won't...

Creating or signing in to microsoft account

Hi Gloria,

The error code that your are getting when adding an account is usually caused by the following:

• Your phone has an incorrect date and time set.
    • You do not have a data connection.
    • Your phone is in a "bad state."
    We suggest that you follow the steps on this link to set up your Microsoft
    Account on your device.

Keep us posted for further assistance.

Regards.

Marcel Dio, Jan 16, 2023
Thema:

I bought a new windows computer. Created a Microsoft account with my email. Now it won't...

1. I bought a new windows computer. Created a Microsoft account with my email. Now it won't... - Similar Threads - bought computer Created

2. bought a new pc- signed into microsoft account, now I cant sign into microsoft on my old...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    bought a new pc- signed into microsoft account, now I cant sign into microsoft on my old...: bought a new pc it has windows 11 signed into microsoft account to set it up. Now I cannot sign into microsoft on my old pc running windows 10. It states sign in error, sign in with password, then I get password not found. I need to use both pc's. Have not changed my...
  3. bought a new pc- signed into microsoft account, now I cant sign into microsoft on my old...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bought a new pc- signed into microsoft account, now I cant sign into microsoft on my old...: bought a new pc it has windows 11 signed into microsoft account to set it up. Now I cannot sign into microsoft on my old pc running windows 10. It states sign in error, sign in with password, then I get password not found. I need to use both pc's. Have not changed my...
  4. bought a new pc- signed into microsoft account, now I cant sign into microsoft on my old...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Account. I want to create a new one for my new personal computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Account. I want to create a new one for my new personal computer.: I just bought a new laptop for personal use. So I don't have to keep using my work computer for personal things. I have a work computer with a work Microsoft Account. I want to set up a MS account for my personal computer using my personal email address not my work address. I...
  6. Microsoft Account. I want to create a new one for my new personal computer.

Microsoft Account. I want to create a new one for my new personal computer.: I just bought a new laptop for personal use. So I don't have to keep using my work computer for personal things. I have a work computer with a work Microsoft Account. I want to set up a MS account for my personal computer using my personal email address not my work address. I...
  7. I bought a new windows computer. Created a Microsoft account with my email. Now it won't...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I bought a new windows computer. Created a Microsoft account with my email. Now it won't...: My daughter just created an ms account on her new laptop. It says she's part of a family and can't do anything. We have never set up a family ms account. I downloaded the app and started one, but says she can't join my family without leaving the first one. We have no idea...
  8. I bought a new windows computer. Created a Microsoft account with my email. Now it won't...

I bought a new windows computer. Created a Microsoft account with my email. Now it won't...: My daughter just created an ms account on her new laptop. It says she's part of a family and can't do anything. We have never set up a family ms account. I downloaded the app and started one, but says she can't join my family without leaving the first one. We have no idea...
  9. Somebody created a microsoft account with my email account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Somebody created a microsoft account with my email account: Somebody, unknown who, has created a windows/Microsoft account using my email account.Without disclosing the full account, let me just say that my account was created with a . before the @gmail.com, while the Microsoft account is created without that same full stop before the...
  10. Somebody created a microsoft account with my email account

Somebody created a microsoft account with my email account: Somebody, unknown who, has created a windows/Microsoft account using my email account.Without disclosing the full account, let me just say that my account was created with a . before the @gmail.com, while the Microsoft account is created without that same full stop before the...