Windows 10: I bought a oem product key and when i used it The generic key successfully changed but when...

Discus and support I bought a oem product key and when i used it The generic key successfully changed but when... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I bought an oem product key and when i used it The generic key successfully changed but when i went to the registry the key was changed but not the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Ammar2783, Nov 6, 2022.

1. Ammar2783 Win User

I bought a oem product key and when i used it The generic key successfully changed but when...

I bought an oem product key and when i used it The generic key successfully changed but when i went to the registry the key was changed but not the same one that i entered

:)

Ammar2783, Nov 6, 2022
  2. EviLZeD Win User

activate windows 7 oem key

Ive installed windows 7 using retail disk but with an oem key it worked fine you can always change the key from right clicking my computer-properties then selecting change product key

EviLZeD, Nov 6, 2022
  3. yesir360 Win User
    OEM key able to be used on VM?

Interesting... So product keys basically do nothing huh... I suppose they do track product key usage and then maybe block them sometime...

On the other hand, could you have an OEM product key activate hundreds of digital licenses provided Microsoft doesn't block it? Even if it's "OEM product key"? (I'm assuming that in reality they will block after a bit just because it's "OEM")

Edit: On a similar note, what does the command "wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey" do? It doesn't seem to be cleared upon "slmgr /upk" or any other command, not even by another product key change...

yesir360, Nov 6, 2022
  4. Caring1 Win User

I bought a oem product key and when i used it The generic key successfully changed but when...

Windows 7 OEM key

Perhaps the OEM key has been used a few times already and cannot be used again.
    I have changed motherboards in laptops and the OEM key worked, without having to call Microsoft.

Caring1, Nov 6, 2022
Thema:

1. I bought a oem product key and when i used it The generic key successfully changed but when... - Similar Threads - bought oem product

2. I have a windows pro OEM bought in retail physical product key but when I scratch it it was...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a windows pro OEM bought in retail physical product key but when I scratch it it was...: I have a windows pro OEM bought in retail physical product key but when I scratch it it was not showing the key. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-windows-pro-oem-bought-in-retail-physical/22214b6e-f109-41ef-832e-3ba1c50297b3
  3. I have a windows pro OEM bought in retail physical product key but when I scratch it it was...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a windows pro OEM bought in retail physical product key but when I scratch it it was...: I have a windows pro OEM bought in retail physical product key but when I scratch it it was not showing the key. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-windows-pro-oem-bought-in-retail-physical/22214b6e-f109-41ef-832e-3ba1c50297b3
  4. i changed the product key and when i go to CMD to find the product key i found that the...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    i changed the product key and when i go to CMD to find the product key i found that the...: if u have an answer pleas help me out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-changed-the-product-key-and-when-i-go-to-cmd-to/5c6d35f3-5982-47ac-a9d5-adf0b2cff44a
  5. i changed the product key and when i go to CMD to find the product key i found that the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i changed the product key and when i go to CMD to find the product key i found that the...: if u have an answer pleas help me out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-changed-the-product-key-and-when-i-go-to-cmd-to/5c6d35f3-5982-47ac-a9d5-adf0b2cff44a
  6. i changed the product key and when i go to CMD to find the product key i found that the...

7. I bought a oem product key and when i used it The generic key successfully changed but when...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I bought a oem product key and when i used it The generic key successfully changed but when...: I bought an oem product key and when i used it The generic key successfully changed but when i went to the registry the key was changed but not the same one that i entered...
  8. I bought a oem product key and when i used it The generic key successfully changed but when...

I bought a oem product key and when i used it The generic key successfully changed but when...: I bought an oem product key and when i used it The generic key successfully changed but when i went to the registry the key was changed but not the same one that i entered...
  9. Generic product key?

Generic product key?: I am installing an SSD for a friend on a working PC with an old patter drive that is super slow. I used a product key finder and got VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM- 9MPGT-3V66T product key finder says this is OEM and I need a digital license for activation. This PC is licensed already....
  10. generic product key

generic product key: anyone have generic product key for windows 10 home single language version 2004? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/generic-product-key/43a2179d-fa3b-4314-b60c-34057fefb104