Windows 10: I bought a pc from a friend but decided to do a reset on said pc to remove all existing...

Discus and support I bought a pc from a friend but decided to do a reset on said pc to remove all existing... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/_WARPT [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jw8miq/i_bought_a_pc_from_a_friend_but_decided_to_do_a/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/_WARPT, Nov 17, 2020.

1. /u/_WARPT Win User

I bought a pc from a friend but decided to do a reset on said pc to remove all existing...

/u/_WARPT, Nov 17, 2020
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Giving PC to friend

Hi Whipemkealoha, reset Windows 10, removing everything before giving that to your friend. That will securely remove your data and your friend will essentially have a new PC . ..

Press the Shift Key and click Restart

Your PC will boot into the Windows Recovery Environment

Go to Troubleshoot - Advanced Options - Reset this PC

Choose to keep nothing

Then start the Reset

DaveM121, Nov 17, 2020
  3. Dagm_s Win User
    Where will I go back to with RESET MY PC

Hi,

I have two Windows 10 pc's. Both with 1607

• Desktop that came from Windows 7.

• Laptop that I bought with Windows 10 first version (1507).

A friend of mine told my about the options

• RESET MY PC – Keep my files

• RESET MY PC – Remove everything.
    Is it true that whatever option I choose I will get back Windows 7 on my desktop en Windows 10 (1507) on my laptop?

Thx

Dagm_s, Nov 17, 2020
  4. I bought a pc from a friend but decided to do a reset on said pc to remove all existing...

Unable to reset the pc

Hello,

If you are having that message while trying to reset your computer, We suggest you to create an installation media for Windows 10 using Media
    Creation Tool
    and perform a Reset.

Once the installation media is created, follow the steps below:

• Insert the installation media you created, and then restart your PC.
    • On the Install Windows screen, select Repair your computer.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot. From there, you can use Safe Mode. Select
      Advanced Options >Reset This PC>Remove everything.
    • After the reset is complete, check for status.

Give us an update on what happens.

Anthony Cato, Nov 17, 2020
Thema:

I bought a pc from a friend but decided to do a reset on said pc to remove all existing...

1. I bought a pc from a friend but decided to do a reset on said pc to remove all existing... - Similar Threads - bought friend decided

2. I factory reset my pc, it said it needed to do a repair i did it, then it took me into a...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I factory reset my pc, it said it needed to do a repair i did it, then it took me into a...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/samtheorca [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kbvllp/i_factory_reset_my_pc_it_said_it_needed_to_do_a/
  3. So, I am new to pc and bought a pc from someone who said they installed windows 10 for me,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    So, I am new to pc and bought a pc from someone who said they installed windows 10 for me,...: When I click activate it says error and that it needs a producty key. It's upsetting because I just bought Cold War and can't play it, and I think that is why it won't work....
  4. Friend’s PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Friend’s PC: So a friend gifted me his PC because he got a new one, but he didn’t touch anything on it. I have his password so I can log in as his user, which is the only one on the computer, but when I try and reset the whole PC it just goes “something went wrong no changes made.” I’ve...
  5. My friend bought the "Minecraft" from Microsoft store on his PC not the "Minecraft Windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My friend bought the "Minecraft" from Microsoft store on his PC not the "Minecraft Windows...: So my friend just accidentally bought the edition on the microsoft store titled "Minecraft" does this not allow him to play on both pc and xbox because when he tries to download the "Minecraft" one it only prompts him to install on his xbox one not allow him to install it on...
  6. Bluethooth headset decided to disconnect from the pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluethooth headset decided to disconnect from the pc: [ATTACH] For my education I work at a company that has windows 10 bluetooth pc's. Yesterday when I was working in the workshop my Bluetooth headset decided to disconnect from the pc i was listening music from. I did not mind at that time untill I came back to the pc I was...
  7. headset decided to disconnect from the pc

in Windows 10 Customization
    headset decided to disconnect from the pc: I get a message saying scan my drive or usb how do I scan https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb/1d979c35-f1c3-4a01-92e9-075058703c76
  8. Cant remove friends account from pc

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cant remove friends account from pc: My friend logged onto his Xbox account on my PC and it made him administrator and it wont let me remove his account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-remove-friends-account-from-pc/29767228-e9ec-465d-af63-6191be1c4c39
  9. What do I do with Apps removed while resetting PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What do I do with Apps removed while resetting PC: I had to do a complete reset today because my PC just would not do anything. I had just received an Update yesterday on Mar 12th, and my Lap Top began acting up. So today even Cortana was shut down, I could not bring up Edge open any files, nothing so I tried the repair...
  10. How Do I Remove All this Dirt From My PC?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How Do I Remove All this Dirt From My PC?: I ran some tests and found some dirt in my PC. Below are the results. How do i remove them from my PC? --------------------------------------- PUP.Optional.Legacy C:\Users\Public\Documents\Downloaded Installers PUP.Optional.Legacy C:\Users\Public\Documents\Guid...