Windows 10: I bought a pc with a windows 10 product key like a month ago and windows has deactivated itself

Discus and support I bought a pc with a windows 10 product key like a month ago and windows has deactivated itself in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; can someone help because its really annoying [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by liam052003, Aug 30, 2019.

1. I bought a pc with a windows 10 product key like a month ago and windows has deactivated itself

can someone help because its really annoying

I bought a pc with a windows 10 product key like a month ago and windows has deactivated itself c6cba915-e87b-4b91-9e8d-bba874bc8da4?upload=true.png

:)

liam052003, Aug 30, 2019
  2. cereberus Win User

Uninstall Product Key and Deactivate Windows 10  

Deactivating key does not deactivate Windows.

According to EULA, if you have an oem key, that cannot be transferred to new pc.

If key is retail, you either sell pc with windows and key, or you keep key and wipe windows.

cereberus, Aug 30, 2019
  3. Uninstall Product Key and Deactivate Windows 10  

Five months ago, I bought a new HP Pavilion Power Ghost laptop with Windows 10 Home OEM installed. A few days after I started using it, I bought a Pro key through the Microsoft store. If I remember correctly, the laptop activated the Pro key automatically later on. Unfortunately, four months on, the USB controller failed. It was repaired under warranty by replacing the USB controller board. 18 days later, the same failure happened again.

I am returning the laptop to the store and have chosen a Lenovo Legion Y520 laptop and I should have it in 3 to 6 days. It
    comes with Windows 10 Home. On the HP, I will first deactivate my Pro key then restore Windows from the recovery partition before returning it to the store.

When I first use the Lenovo, I will go through the change key process to use my Pro key. I anticipate that it will not activate and I will have to go through more steps to get the Pro key accepted on the laptop. Has anyone done what I have to do? If so, what did you have to do to get your Pro key activated? Any advice most welcome I bought a pc with a windows 10 product key like a month ago and windows has deactivated itself :)

theoldfarter, Aug 30, 2019
  4. Rob4642 Win User

I bought a pc with a windows 10 product key like a month ago and windows has deactivated itself

Need help with transferring Windows 10 to new PC

*Nevermind I figured it out. I just bought a license key for $29.00. Thx though.
    So my friend asked me to build him a new computer for work. The last one I built him was during the windows 7-10 upgrade grace period. I used to load windows 7, use windows loader to put in a product key, activate it, then upgrade to windows 10. Now that the grace period is over, and I'm working with new hardware, I was wondering if it is possible to install windows 10 from an already functioning computer that operated on a sata SSD to a new computer with an m.2 nvme SSD, using just the product key from the current windows 10 off of his computer. I use a program that grabs the product key called ProduKey.
    Should I do a fresh install of windows 10 using his key after deactivating it from his current PC , instead of cloning drives correct? It would be nice not to have to pay microsoft $200 for windows 10 if he already has it and plans on not using his old pc anymore.

Rob4642, Aug 30, 2019
Thema:

I bought a pc with a windows 10 product key like a month ago and windows has deactivated itself

1. I bought a pc with a windows 10 product key like a month ago and windows has deactivated itself - Similar Threads - bought product key

2. Product key not deactivating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Product key not deactivating: I want to transfer my Windows 11 Pro account to a new PC. I ran the commands to deactivate the product key and removed my existing pc from the account. However, it is not deactivated and the other PC can't find the product key.Here's a screenshot. The pc still says that it's...
  3. Product key not deactivating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Product key not deactivating: I want to transfer my Windows 11 Pro account to a new PC. I ran the commands to deactivate the product key and removed my existing pc from the account. However, it is not deactivated and the other PC can't find the product key.Here's a screenshot. The pc still says that it's...
  4. Deactivate product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Deactivate product key: Hi, Can anyone guide me on how i can deactivate the key product and move the product key on a new device? The existing win 10 version is an upgrade from win 7 premium. If that helps? TIA...
  5. Windows 10 Deactivated itself.

Windows 10 Deactivated itself.: Hello, My Windows 10 just deactivated itself. I would greatly appreciate any help I can get with this problem. I bought my License years ago and I don't know where my CD is. I would just like to know WHY it was deactivated. Thanks in advance....
  6. windows 10 (1803) has suddenly deactivated itself.

windows 10 (1803) has suddenly deactivated itself.: My version of windows 10 Pro (1803) has suddenly deactivated itself. It has a digital license from it's native win7 upgrade (HP 6450b Probook) The upgrade was done in August 2015. Activation page in settings returns "We can't activate Windows on this device because you...
  7. Invalid product key that was bought 10 minutes ago from Microsoft

Invalid product key that was bought 10 minutes ago from Microsoft: I bought this key from the Microsoft store and I go to input it in the "change product key" and it says invalid. I need help cause it make absolutely no sense why a key that was literally just bought, copied, and then pasted into the computer would be "invalid" and I already...
  8. Windows 10 Deactivates Itself

Windows 10 Deactivates Itself: After downloading files on the internet, I got some infringement warning from ISP and I deleted the files and everything and the next time I turned on my laptop, it says that I’m not using a genuine copy of Windows 10. When I do a clean install, Windows 10 works perfectly...
  9. Product Key Deactivation

Product Key Deactivation: Hi all, I bought Windows 10 Home Edition when I built my PC a couple of years ago and I am now going to be selling it to build a new one. I will be keeping my SSD which Windows and other programs are currently installed on, putting in a new one and installing Windows on...
  10. Uninstall Product Key and Deactivate Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Uninstall Product Key and Deactivate Windows 10: How to: Uninstall Product Key and Deactivate Windows 10 How to Uninstall Product Key to Deactivate Windows 10 Activation helps verify that your copy of Windows is genuine and hasnt been used on more devices than the Microsoft Software License Terms allow....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xp product key invalid