Windows 10: I bought a pcie 3.0 card and it's not being detected!

Discus and support I bought a pcie 3.0 card and it's not being detected! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So i bought a wmr headset, i needed usb 3.0 so i bought a hub, i installed it, pcie along with the power connecting to it, and it's not being detected... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by InertDuckling20, Mar 27, 2020.

1. I bought a pcie 3.0 card and it's not being detected!

InertDuckling20, Mar 27, 2020
  2. pidgezero Win User

LPT PCIe card sometimes not detected at all in Windows 10

I have an ASRock Z170 Pro4 LGA 1151 motherboard, and a RC-302E PCIe 1-Port Parallel Card connected. I am running Windows 10 Professional.

I'm having an issue with the parallel port card where sometimes it just will not show up in Device Manager at all. As in, there is no "unknown device" listed, the device is just completely absent. It doesn't matter if I hit "Scan for new hardware" or not, it doesn't show up.

Sometimes on a cold boot I will see the LPT port registered in device manager and working fine. Sometimes it is just missing altogether. Sometimes it is there at first, and disappears after a while.

Reinstalling the drivers is not the solution, as I've done this several times (and I can't install the drivers if the system thinks the device doesn't exist to begin with).

I was hoping that the solution would be similar to this question, but I have two USB PCIe cards that connect to the power supply which work fine, meanwhile the parallel port card does not connect to the power supply.

I don't know what to do to get it to just work, having to reboot several times just to see if it will work is very disruptive.

pidgezero, Mar 27, 2020
  3. tweakit Win User
    Looking for PCIe to SATA 3 Add-in-card

I'm looking for a PCIe to SATA 3 add in card that actually works at X4 rates, that is, it must use all four lanes on the PCIe bus. The card can either provide sata connectors or permit insertion of a 2.5" SATA 3 SSD onto the card. Examples of the types of cards that would work IF they were X4 cards are seen here:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...4RCW5MS9&psc=1
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...G9WPPLAW&psc=1

Most of these cards have X4 connectors but only work at X2 (two PCIe lanes are connected). Why is it important to me that the card work at X4? ANS: My Mobo only has PCIe slots that support PCIe Revision 1 rates. All my SATA connectors are SATA 2 connectors that don't take full advantage of my existing SATA 3 SSD boot drive so I want to add at least one SATA 3 port to the computer to speed things up. An add-in-card (or adapter card) that works at X2 would not support SATA 3 speeds on a Revision 1 PCIe bus. This is why I need a card that has a PCIe connector working at X4.

For now, I've only seen cards that work at X1 or X2 but nothing higher. My hope is someone will know where to look to find one of these cards that works at X4. Thanks for reading.

tweakit, Mar 27, 2020
  4. I bought a pcie 3.0 card and it's not being detected!

PCIe sound card not detected by mainboard / Windows 10

I'm using the following hardware setup:

First time installing the Devil HDX Sound Card on mainboard it works superb. After some reboots it gets lost and Windows 10 Professional is not able to detect the hardware. Sometimes changing the PCIe port solves the issue for some time untill Windows looses the card again.

Did anyone have the same issues and a good way to solve?

The_Gentleman, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

I bought a pcie 3.0 card and it's not being detected!

1. I bought a pcie 3.0 card and it's not being detected! - Similar Threads - bought pcie card

2. Steel Series Arctis 3 Is Not Being Detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Steel Series Arctis 3 Is Not Being Detected: First of all hi and thanks to the people who are reaing this now.For a few weeks I have a problem with my Windows 10 laptop. I have a Steel Series Arctis 3, when I plug it into my computer, It asks which device I plugged in. I pick headphones and click OK but it does not...
  3. Steel Series Arctis 3 Is Not Being Detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Steel Series Arctis 3 Is Not Being Detected: First of all hi and thanks to the people who are reaing this now.For a few weeks I have a problem with my Windows 10 laptop. I have a Steel Series Arctis 3, when I plug it into my computer, It asks which device I plugged in. I pick headphones and click OK but it does not...
  4. Steel Series Arctis 3 Is Not Being Detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. my usb 3 being detected as a usb 2

my usb 3 being detected as a usb 2: my usb is being detected as a usb 2 that's a usb 3 port and cable by the oculus app and usb tree and i don't know how to make it work as a usb 3 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-usb-3-being-detected-as-a-usb-2/711552c9-3958-44a2-9259-b38530ebfa4b
  6. Device Not Detected: PCIe WiFi Network Card

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Device Not Detected: PCIe WiFi Network Card: Hi friends, I have tried every troubleshooting method except for Resetting my PC to get my Asus WiFi Network adapter to show up on my PC. What's interesting about my issue is that the adapter worked for a short time when I first installed it. But it stopped showing up on the...
  7. Renesas USB 3 Pcie Card is not recognised

Renesas USB 3 Pcie Card is not recognised: Long shot but had this problem for the past 6 months. I installed a Renesas USB 3 Pcie card and it worked great.....But every time I switch off my pc and leave it off for a few days, when I put it back on the card would sometimes work but a lot of the time it does not....I...
  8. USB 3 PCIE Card issue

USB 3 PCIE Card issue: Reasus PCIE card installed and does work, but everytime i switch off my pc for a day or two and boot up my card does not get recognised and i have to reboot several times before it works. Trouble is my mouse and keyboard cannot function until this comes active? Anyone have a...
  9. Looking for PCIe to SATA 3 Add-in-card

Looking for PCIe to SATA 3 Add-in-card: I'm looking for a PCIe to SATA 3 add in card that actually works at X4 rates, that is, it must use all four lanes on the PCIe bus. The card can either provide sata connectors or permit insertion of a 2.5" SATA 3 SSD onto the card. Examples of the types of cards that would...
  10. Using a PCIe x1 card in a PCIe x16 slot

Using a PCIe x1 card in a PCIe x16 slot: Here is something I recently found out. I have tired this and it works. You can use a PCIe x1 card, or a PCIe x4 card in a PCIe x16 slot. They work fine. So if you think you are short of PCI-e slots, you may not be. A shorter PCIe card works fine in a longer slot. On...