Windows 10: i bought a used laptop, and during setting it up, it asked me for recovery key ID Bitlocker...

Discus and support i bought a used laptop, and during setting it up, it asked me for recovery key ID Bitlocker... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; i bought a used laptop, and during setting it up, it asked me for recovery key ID Bitlocker Key, when i checked my account it said i don't have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mohamed Nour9, Nov 29, 2022.

1. i bought a used laptop, and during setting it up, it asked me for recovery key ID Bitlocker...

i bought a used laptop, and during setting it up, it asked me for recovery key ID Bitlocker Key, when i checked my account it said i don't have recovery key ID, how can i get one ?

:)

Mohamed Nour9, Nov 29, 2022

2. i bought a used laptop, and during setting it up, it asked me for recovery key ID (Bitlocker Key), when i checked my account it said i don't have recovery key ID, how can i get one ?

i bought a used laptop, and during setting it up, it asked me for recovery key ID (Bitlocker Key), when i checked my account it said i don't have recovery key ID, how can i get one ?

Mohamed Nour9, Nov 30, 2022
  3. pj04 Win User
    Asking for Bitlocker recovery key on login

So I was playing with BIOS settings for reformatting my laptop and reinstalling Windows using bootable USB drive. I didn't succeed and I probably did something stupid. Now I'm not able to login into my laptop. It's asking me for bitlocker recovery key on both disabled and enabled settings of secure boot.

On "Enabled" setting, it says "Bitlocker needs your recovery key to unlock your drive because Secure Boot policy has unexpectedly changed."

i bought a used laptop, and during setting it up, it asked me for recovery key ID Bitlocker... [​IMG]

On "Disabled" setting, it says "Bitlocker needs your recovery key to unlock your drive because Secure Boot has been disabled. Either Secure Boot must be re-enabled, or Bitlocker must be suspended for Windows to start normally."

i bought a used laptop, and during setting it up, it asked me for recovery key ID Bitlocker... [​IMG]

I don't have a recovery key. I don't remember setting one. I even searched for it in my Microsoft account. My device (ASUS X205TA) is listed but the recovery key is not.

Note that I don't have any useful data in the laptop, so I'd be fine with reinstalling windows even if I loose all the data. I just want to be able to use my laptop again.

4. i bought a used laptop, and during setting it up, it asked me for recovery key ID Bitlocker...

bitlocker recovery key

Hi Shafeeq,

Please find my answers to your questions below:

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key? - Yes, I am unable to even start my laptop unless I enter the recovery key.
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer? Nope
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key? Yes. I have a microsoft account and am able to login usually. But i am unable to login when I try to find the bitlocker recovery key.
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional? Windows 10 Home

When I on my laptop, there is a blue screen that asks me for bitlocker recovery key. I have tried asking my laptop company (Lenovo) and my institution both but no one has any answer to this. I have my bitlocker recovery ID number if that can help me find
    the recovery key.

Waiting eagerly for a response.

Thanks, and regards,

Shweta

Singh Shweta Rajkumar, Nov 30, 2022
Thema:

i bought a used laptop, and during setting it up, it asked me for recovery key ID Bitlocker...

1. i bought a used laptop, and during setting it up, it asked me for recovery key ID Bitlocker... - Similar Threads - bought used laptop

2. Recovery ID BitLocker Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovery ID BitLocker Key: Case Number 7029141858 Monday microsoft https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-id-bitlocker-key/0015cefd-c77c-4388-a521-39c140f88d41
  3. Recovery ID BitLocker Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovery ID BitLocker Key: Case Number 7029141858 Monday microsoft https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-id-bitlocker-key/0015cefd-c77c-4388-a521-39c140f88d41
  4. Bitlocker Key Recovery ID

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker Key Recovery ID: Hi Guys,I have problem with the bitlocker recovery key ID.how can I get the generate PIN bitlocker recovery key ID?1. I have recovery key ID = 061138BE3C7E4F638CD37F216888E2182. I dont have email personal to microsoft 3, my laptop is broken so really need my data but should...
  5. i bought a used laptop, and during setting it up, it asked me for recovery key ID Bitlocker...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i bought a used laptop, and during setting it up, it asked me for recovery key ID Bitlocker...: i bought a used laptop, and during setting it up, it asked me for recovery key ID Bitlocker Key, when i checked my account it said i don't have recovery key ID, how can i get one ?...
  6. i bought a used laptop, and during setting it up, it asked me for recovery key ID Bitlocker...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    i bought a used laptop, and during setting it up, it asked me for recovery key ID Bitlocker...: i bought a used laptop, and during setting it up, it asked me for recovery key ID Bitlocker Key, when i checked my account it said i don't have recovery key ID, how can i get one ?...
  7. Bitlocker recovery key ID

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker recovery key ID: Hello, My laptop had an update and when I powered it back on it is asking for my bitlocker recovery key. Having never enabled it myself I have no copy of the key. I contacted the manufacturer but they were not able to help and reported it had happened to quite a few people...
  8. Laptop asking for Bitlocker Recovery Key

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop asking for Bitlocker Recovery Key: My laptop has recently been stuck in a boot-loop where it keeps booting to the blue recovery menu probably because Windows is corrupted. I am unable to reset the computer as the drive is encrypted with bitlocker and I need a BitLocker Recovery Key. The problem is that I...
  9. Windows 10 Asking for BitLocker Recovery Key But I Did Not Set Up A Key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Asking for BitLocker Recovery Key But I Did Not Set Up A Key: Hi. I had to remove the internal battery from my laptop. Now when I boot up the laptop it goes to a blue screen asking for me to enter the Bitlocker Recovery Key. I do not have this key. When I purchased this laptop everything was already set up and working. I read now that...
  10. Bitlocker recovery key ID

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker recovery key ID: I changed my email address and had to wait 30 days to get my recovery keys. When i went into Microsoft to get the recovery key, the display showed a different key ID. I think j have more than one device with this email address. Hiw do i get the recovery key for the other...