Windows 10: i bought an upgrade win10 home to pro but now stuck after reinstall win10 home cause it's...

Discus and support i bought an upgrade win10 home to pro but now stuck after reinstall win10 home cause it's... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; hi i just bought new laptop with win10 home. but i need to use win10 pro. so i bought the upgrade from ms store. unfortunately during installation i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Liza H., Feb 23, 2021.

1. Liza H. Win User

i bought an upgrade win10 home to pro but now stuck after reinstall win10 home cause it's...

hi

i just bought new laptop with win10 home. but i need to use win10 pro. so i bought the upgrade from ms store. unfortunately during installation i got an error 0x80070005. so i chat with ms support and they suggest to turn off my antivirus and reinstall win10 from the link given to me. so i follow the step while uninstall antivirus cause i want to install new av after got my pro version. unfortunately during downloading my home got no electricity, so i cant download and chat with the support person for the next step.

now i successfully reinstall my window but i stuck. How to proceed after that? my window still 10 home. I got no product key cause it's a digital cert. i cant purchase it again right? what to do now. i have to wait until tomorrow to chat with ms support. if someone have an idea, please tell me. i'm wasting a lot of time to get this new laptop ready for my work.

for ms support here is the ref

• Case #: 1018028623
    • Created on: Tuesday, February 23, 2021
    • Description: Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro

:)

Liza H., Feb 23, 2021
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Feb 23, 2021
  3. Just bought upgrade from win10 home to win10 pro.

Just bought upgrade from win10 home to win10 pro. I followed the directions and reinstalled but now I still have Win10 Home (and a bunch of missing drivers). How do I find my product key to redo the install of Win 10 Pro. I bought from within my Microsoft
    account that I have had forever, like 20 years or something with Hotmail. So I didn't buy it from just some shady place it was from Microsoft.

TroyGephart, Feb 23, 2021
  4. roband915 Win User

i bought an upgrade win10 home to pro but now stuck after reinstall win10 home cause it's...

Upgrade win10 home to win10 pro

I'm trying to upgrade my win10 home to pro but I'm stuck. The steps taken are below:

1. I disconnected my internet-connection.

2. I went to systems->"Update&Security" -> Activation -> "Change Product Key"

3. I entered the generic key "VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T" and the upgrade started.

4. After the upgrade and restart I went back online and now entered by newly bought win10pro product key and this didn't work. It said "The key you entered cannot be used jadajada-something".

When I look at my version of windows it still says win10 home.

What am I missing here?!

/Robert

roband915, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

1. i bought an upgrade win10 home to pro but now stuck after reinstall win10 home cause it's... - Similar Threads - bought upgrade win10

2. WIn10 Home to Win10 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIn10 Home to Win10 Pro: We had activated copy of Win10 Home, paid for the upgrade to download Win10 Pro, and what was downloaded was Win10 Enterprise which I can not activate. The activation error is not having a valid digital license or product key. How do I get Win10 Pro which I paid for and get...
  3. WIn10 Home to Win10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIn10 Home to Win10 Pro: We had activated copy of Win10 Home, paid for the upgrade to download Win10 Pro, and what was downloaded was Win10 Enterprise which I can not activate. The activation error is not having a valid digital license or product key. How do I get Win10 Pro which I paid for and get...
  4. win10 pro upgrade from win10 home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win10 pro upgrade from win10 home: I'm upgrading my home edition to pro which I have done before with other win10 home pc's, don't need or want the hassle of a new install. I got a win10 pro, its the full pkg, with an install cd. first I did the change key with the generic win 10 pro key, reboot, and then...
  5. Upgrade from Win10 Home to Win10 Pro

Upgrade from Win10 Home to Win10 Pro: I just completed an upgrade from Win10 Home to Pro. I paid $99 to do this.Everything seemed to be going well, but right at the end, the upgrade terminated giving me an error 0X80070005. My PC was "frozen," so I rebooted.On the reboot, the system went through several rounds of...
  6. Upgrade rom Win10 home to Win10 pro

Upgrade rom Win10 home to Win10 pro: Hi all, Does all apps remaining on the upgraded computer when doing the upgrade? It's very important because I use software that needs machine codes in cloud to use. Otherwise I have to ask new machine codes to my software vendors. It would be great that these apps still...
  7. Win10 Home to Win10 Pro

Win10 Home to Win10 Pro: I cannot access the original restore point to go back to Win10 Home when I put in a DVD restore. It is dated March 29. 2020. I was fiddling around with WSL 2 and I wanted to try out Win10 Pro as a possibility to fix my issues. Now, I just want my email, browser and OS...
  8. Upgrade win10 home to win10 pro

Upgrade win10 home to win10 pro: I'm trying to upgrade my win10 home to pro but I'm stuck. The steps taken are below: 1. I disconnected my internet-connection. 2. I went to systems->"Update&Security" -> Activation -> "Change Product Key" 3. I entered the generic key "VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T" and the...
  9. Just bought upgrade from win10 home to win10 pro.

Just bought upgrade from win10 home to win10 pro.: Just bought upgrade from win10 home to win10 pro. I followed the directions and reinstalled but now I still have Win10 Home (and a bunch of missing drivers). How do I find my product key to redo the install of Win 10 Pro. I bought from within my Microsoft account that I have...
  10. Upgrade Win10 Home to Win10 Pro

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgrade Win10 Home to Win10 Pro: Recently I have replaced my Win 8.1 Home edition with a Win 10 Home edition. (64-bit) Now I would like to upgrade Win10 Home to a Win10 Pro Edition. How do I do that and what will it cost me? 31154