Windows 10: I bought the upgrade from windows 10 home to pro, but I can't activate it.

Discus and support I bought the upgrade from windows 10 home to pro, but I can't activate it. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Like the title says, today I bought the windows 10 upgrade from home to pro on the Microsoft store. I didn't receive a product key or digital license... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Darrick J. Wiltshire, Jun 28, 2021.

1. I bought the upgrade from windows 10 home to pro, but I can't activate it.

Like the title says, today I bought the windows 10 upgrade from home to pro on the Microsoft store. I didn't receive a product key or digital license and I did upgrade my RAM few months ago. How can I activate my new copy of windows 10 if necessary. Thanks.

:)

Darrick J. Wiltshire, Jun 28, 2021

2. Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will assist you in the best possible ways.

I suggest you to download and create an installation media for Windows 10 Pro form the link provided below:

Download Windows 10

After the installation media is created, suggest you to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from the installation media. When the upgrade asks for product key, enter the product key purchased for Windows 10 Pro. If it does not accept, suggest you to skip the activation
    step. After the Operating System is installed, suggest you to activate by phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 28, 2021
  3. Laurijan Win User
    Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

I bought Windows 7 Pro OEM key from G2Play.net for 12€ to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro - worked like a charm but be advised if you buy a OEM key you can not download the Win 7 iso from microsoft and have to get it elsewhere.

Laurijan, Jun 28, 2021
  4. I bought the upgrade from windows 10 home to pro, but I can't activate it.

Bought Windows 10 Pro upgrade, clicked on the Start Upgrade icon and it fails.

Hi Charlotte,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble this has caused.

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better:

• Do you have wired or wireless internet connection?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates on the system?
    • Are you trying to upgrade from the Microsoft account?
    • Did you activate your copy of Windows 10?

I suggest you to follow these steps below:

1. In your Windows 10 Home PC, open Settings, and click/tap on the Update & security icon.

2. Click/tap on Activation on the left side, and click/tap on Go to Store on the right side.

3. Click/tap on Start upgrade to begin.

4. Windows will now start preparing for upgrade.

5. When finished preparing, your Windows will automatically restart and start upgrading to Windows 10 Pro.

6. When finished upgrading, sign back in to your Microsoft account profile, and click/tap on Close.

You can also verify, if you have Windows 10 pro version, by following these steps below:

• Press Windows key+ R keys to open RUN command box.
    • Type msinfo32 and hit Enter.

Further, you can download the Windows 10 pro ISO file and perform a clean install, using the product key, which you have. Also I like to inform, to activate your copy of Windows 10.

Try to refer to the Microsoft article below and check, if it resolves the issue.

Upgrading Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro:

Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro

Please feel free to contact us, if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Jun 28, 2021
Thema:

I bought the upgrade from windows 10 home to pro, but I can't activate it.

1. I bought the upgrade from windows 10 home to pro, but I can't activate it. - Similar Threads - bought upgrade home

2. I bought the upgrade from home to professional and it will not activate. I need someone to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I bought the upgrade from home to professional and it will not activate. I need someone to...: I bought the upgrade from home to professional for windows. I followed the instructions. It will not let me activate it. I was not emailed a new key, it automatically populated onto the PC. I really need to talk to someone but can't get any help....
  3. Can't activate previously bought Windows 10 Pro Upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't activate previously bought Windows 10 Pro Upgrade: I changed my Motherboard, RAM and CPU, and I couldn't reactivate Windows 10 Pro. I don't have a Pro Key, just an upgrade from Home License. So I reinstalled Windows to Home Edition and now want to upgrade it from previously bought Upgrade License in Windows Store. In the...
  4. I bought an upgrade From windows 10 Home to Pro and It installed Enterprise

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I bought an upgrade From windows 10 Home to Pro and It installed Enterprise: Hello I bought an upgrade from my Windows home to Windows Pro via the Microsoft Store, and I chose Windows 10/11 ProNow it says I have a non activated Windows 10 Enterprise Windows reported that no product key was found on your deviceWhich I dont understand as I bought an...
  5. I bought an upgrade From windows 10 Home to Pro and It installed Enterprise

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I bought an upgrade From windows 10 Home to Pro and It installed Enterprise: Hello I bought an upgrade from my Windows home to Windows Pro via the Microsoft Store, and I chose Windows 10/11 ProNow it says I have a non activated Windows 10 Enterprise Windows reported that no product key was found on your deviceWhich I dont understand as I bought an...
  6. I bought an upgrade From windows 10 Home to Pro and I installed Enterprise

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I bought an upgrade From windows 10 Home to Pro and I installed Enterprise: Hello I bought an upgrade from my Windows home to Windows Pro via the Microsoft Store, and I chose Windows 10/11 ProNow it says I have a non activated Windows 10 Enterprise Windows reported that no product key was found on your deviceWhich I dont understand as I bought an...
  7. Can't activate Windows 10 after upgrade from Home to Pro

Can't activate Windows 10 after upgrade from Home to Pro: I have been using Windows 10 Home Single Language. It was pre-installed on my laptop. Then I upgraded to build 19041.1 from Slow ring. After that I purchased an upgrade to Windows 10 Pro through Microsoft Store. Now the systems tells that it is "Windows 10 Enterprise"...
  8. Upgrade from Windows 10 home to Pro (bought yesterday)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade from Windows 10 home to Pro (bought yesterday): I have spent at least 5 hours on this, possibly 10 or more. I have Windows 10 Home (x64) Version 1809 (build 17763.737), activated, bought with a new Acer several months ago. Yesterday I bought the Windows 10 pro upgrade for $99 + tax at Microsoft. The activation page...
  9. After baying upgrade and upgrading to windows 10 pro from windows 10 home I can't activate...

After baying upgrade and upgrading to windows 10 pro from windows 10 home I can't activate...: After baying upgrade and upgrading to windows 10 pro from windows 10 home I can't activate windows. Both keys were bought from the Microsoft store. In my Microsoft store account I have product key only for windows home. My order for windows pro is done but I don't have any...
  10. Can't activate after upgrading from 10 Home to Pro

Can't activate after upgrading from 10 Home to Pro: I have just bought a new Asus VivoBook laptop with Windows 10 Home. I followed the upgrade path and ordered and paid for an upgrade to Pro, but I now get 0x803F7001 error and it won't activate. It also says that I am now on Windows 10 Enterprise. I am in the UK. What can...