Windows 10: i broke a lot of things

Discus and support i broke a lot of things in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; i moved my %appdata% folder, and now a lot of the windows 10 features won't work. reason for moving it: I was constantly running out of space on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/eksynn, Mar 29, 2021.

1. /u/eksynn Win User

i broke a lot of things

i moved my %appdata% folder, and now a lot of the windows 10 features won't work.

reason for moving it: I was constantly running out of space on my windows partition and I don't have money to spend on a new hard drive with more space right now, but I did move it properly. I did as instructed: I used those.. meaningful link things (forgot the actual name, sorry), and edited the registry.

i already got alternative replacements for most of the things I broke, but I can't find a better replacement for the windows calculator. how can I fix JUST the windows 10 calculator, and if I can't, which replacement would be as good as, if not, better than the wincalc?

edit: oh yeah, and also cortana - I liked cortana's jokes

ps, if you yell at me for moving my %appdata% (as some have before) and just tell me to reinstall windows (as some have before) or get a better pc (as some have before), you didn't read this post's question and I'll probably downvote you if you don't finish with a constructive way to fix things. in fact, please just start with the constructive way to fix things thing and forego the yelling-at-me bit.

submitted by /u/eksynn
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/eksynn, Mar 29, 2021

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Mar 29, 2021
  3. Windows 10 broke my steam

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Method 1: Try updating the Video card drivers and check if it helps.

Follow the steps to update the Video card driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Video card listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.

Method 2: Try installing the game in Compatibility mode and check.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Right click the Game setup file and select Properties then tap or click the Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap or click the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click OK.
    • Try installing the Game and check.

If still the issue persist then I suggest you to follow the suggestion provided by crazzilla replied on August 3, 2015 from the below link and check if it helps.

Windows 10 & Steam Gaming - most games broke

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Mar 29, 2021
  4. MoovMan Win User

i broke a lot of things

Creator's Update Broke A Lot Of My Drivers!

So... I've been running Windows 10 on an older laptop for over a year with no problems.... Then came the Creator's Update...

Now, I've lost:

• Video Driver (GeForce Go 7400)
    • Network Controller Drivers (LAN & WLAN) (Intel PRO 100/1000 & Intel 3945ABG)
    • SATA & USB Controller Drivers (Intel ICH7 Family)
    • & Audio Drivers

I can't roll back (clean install)...

Windows says that it can't find any better drivers, that the best drivers are already installed. I tried to manually install the drivers (the same drivers that worked before the Creator's Update), but Windows won't accept them (not for this version of Windows).

What is so different about the Creator's Update vs the Anniversary Update that all my drivers are now broke? And does anyone have any suggestions to fix it?

Thanks in Advance!

MoovMan, Mar 29, 2021
Thema:

i broke a lot of things

1. i broke a lot of things - Similar Threads - broke lot things

2. I can't do a lot of thing on my windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't do a lot of thing on my windows: Can any microsoft agent help me please. I am having a problem in which many things I try to do get refused for example when deleting an app a pop up showed and said" Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device " and I had the options of yes and no but now I...
  3. I can't do a lot of thing on my windows

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't do a lot of thing on my windows: Can any microsoft agent help me please. I am having a problem in which many things I try to do get refused for example when deleting an app a pop up showed and said" Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device " and I had the options of yes and no but now I...
  4. Got rid of searchapp.exe trying to improve performance but it broke a lot of things.

in Cortana
    Got rid of searchapp.exe trying to improve performance but it broke a lot of things.: I followed these instructions: How do you disable SearchApp.exe from running so that you can enable - Microsoft Community. I did not do the optional part but I need it fixed. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!...
  5. Got rid of searchapp.exe trying to improve performance but it broke a lot of things.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Got rid of searchapp.exe trying to improve performance but it broke a lot of things.: I followed these instructions: How do you disable SearchApp.exe from running so that you can enable - Microsoft Community. I did not do the optional part but I need it fixed. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!...
  6. Got rid of searchapp.exe trying to improve performance but it broke a lot of things.

7. Appears 20h2 broke a lot of programs ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Appears 20h2 broke a lot of programs ?: 5600x .. 32 gb ram .. 1080ti.. 2tb ssd brand new .. Very weird .. I can get to windows but now a lot of programs aren’t working.. siege will start but clock at screen .. BF4 will start and then close .. malware bytes won’t open ? Ran the dism and scan now ..no errors and no...
  8. Temporary profile. I accidentaly broke some things.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Temporary profile. I accidentaly broke some things.: Its hard to tell. But 2 days Ago I got a TEMP account. I didnt know what to do so I just looked at a tutorial on the web and deleted the 1-5-21.......bak and the files without bak. Now every time I restart my computer I only have a 1-5-21 file in regedit` without the bak...
  9. Lots of things are crashing on startup.

Lots of things are crashing on startup.: My pc specs are on my profile. But yeah, I clicked start menu, then settings. A window pops up and then immediately closes. Same thing with a couple other apps. They are there, but they just don't... work. However, things like the Xbox app and Steam appear to be...
  10. Lots of BSODS doing lots of things

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lots of BSODS doing lots of things: EDIT* getting more BSODs of at random times doing random things with random messages. 'system services error' 'memory management error' and so forth EDIT** sfc.exe /scannow says i have corrupt files but it cannot fix them? argh *Original Story* seems to only happen...