Windows 10: I broke an SD card?

Discus and support I broke an SD card? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi. I had my SD card in a Rasperry Pi. Now it's supposed to act as something else, so I deleted all the partitions I could in diskpart. Now it does not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MrAppleLP, Jun 5, 2020.

1. MrAppleLP Win User

I broke an SD card?

Hi. I had my SD card in a Rasperry Pi. Now it's supposed to act as something else, so I deleted all the partitions I could in diskpart. Now it does not work anymore. (Please insert a disk in the G drive)

Can I re-create the partitions that I should not have deleted?

MfG.

:)

MrAppleLP, Jun 5, 2020
  2. dorsetknob, Jun 5, 2020
  3. bradleyb Win User
    SD card/SD card reader no longer working

Hi. New to this so not sure of category.
    I have a Lenovo G70. Windows 10, 64bit
    My SD card reader has stopped working.
    In Device Manager, the SD card is not listed.
    I can't format the card as it is not listed.
    I cannot locate the card at all as it is not listed anywhere.
    I've tried chkdsk and get 'Cannot open volume for direct access'
    I don't even have the icon displaying when micro SD card is inserted.
    It did work previously but I had errors. Scanning and fixing did not help.
    I place the SD card in my Android phone and it works fine.
    Please help!
    Thank you for any assistance.

bradleyb, Jun 5, 2020
  4. I broke an SD card?

SD card failure

Hi Andrew,

I would need to ask few questions so I can isolate your concern properly. Kindly answer the following:

• Did you get a specific error message?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • What's the current build of your computer? Press Windows key + R and then type winver.
    • Did you try to run a full system scan using your anti-virus? Can you tell us the result?
    • Does your SD card has a write protection?

Meanwhile, you may try these troubleshooting steps:

Step 1: Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter. Open Settings> Update & Security> Troubleshoot> Hardware and Devices> Run the troubleshooter.

Step 2: Check SD Card in Disk Management.

1. Open Disk Management.
    2. Your SD card will appear as a removable disk.
    3. Check if it has a drive letter.
    4. If it does not show anything, right click the SD card and then select “Change Drive Letter and Paths”.
    5. Click “Add” and select a drive letter, then click “OK”.

Step 3: Update SD card driver.

1. Open Device manager.
    2. Find your SD card and right click it.
    3. Select Properties.
    4. Click the driver tab and then select Update Driver.

Note: You may need to use a keyboard and mouse to connect to your laptop to perform the said steps if it does not allow on tablet mode.

Raymond Ave, Jun 5, 2020
Thema:

I broke an SD card?

1. I broke an SD card? - Similar Threads - broke card

2. update broke my pc, running at 100disk and can't open main menue or search for program,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    update broke my pc, running at 100disk and can't open main menue or search for program,...: the problem is the 50 million years to ge to the enter password pagethen the 50 million years to open the **** picutre to get the **** bar you the password inthen the **** 50 milllion years to "load in"then **** milllion years for the all the icons and tool bar to show...
  3. update broke my pc, running at 100disk and can't open main menue or search for program,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    update broke my pc, running at 100disk and can't open main menue or search for program,...: the problem is the 50 million years to ge to the enter password pagethen the 50 million years to open the **** picutre to get the **** bar you the password inthen the **** 50 milllion years to "load in"then **** milllion years for the all the icons and tool bar to show...
  4. update broke my pc, running at 100disk and can't open main menue or search for program,...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I updated my bios with lenovo vintage and I broke my bios

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I updated my bios with lenovo vintage and I broke my bios: a few moments ago I tried to update some drivers using lenovo vintage app from the Microsoft store and after my laptop restarted and when it booted back in it gave me blue screen with stop code : INACCESIBLE BOOT DEVICE. pls help?...
  6. I updated my bios with lenovo vintage and I broke my bios

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I updated my bios with lenovo vintage and I broke my bios: a few moments ago I tried to update some drivers using lenovo vintage app from the Microsoft store and after my laptop restarted and when it booted back in it gave me blue screen with stop code : INACCESIBLE BOOT DEVICE. pls help?...
  7. My Graphics card broke, now some Microsoft apps and services don't work

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    My Graphics card broke, now some Microsoft apps and services don't work: My GPU broke, so I replaced it, but ever since it broke certain apps and features aren't working. When my PC turns on I get a notification saying "there is a problem with your microsoft account", it then suggests I log in to fix the problem, then I try it and a box flashes...
  8. Microsoft apps and audio not working after graphics card broke

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft apps and audio not working after graphics card broke: When/How the problem happened Weeks ago my PC seemingly broke, I had to plug my monitor into my motherboard and then boot it in safe mode with networking to be able to use it. After all the help from AMD support they could give me I realised my GPU had definitely broken, so...
  9. 1909 broke SD card reader

1909 broke SD card reader: Thinkpad P1 20MDCTO1WW Windows 10 Version 1809 OS Build 17763.914 SD card reader was working fine yesterday. Today I installed version 1909, and the card reader stopped working--it doesn't even show up in device manager now. It's enabled in BIOS. Tried installing the...
  10. Windows 10 update on October 10 2018 broke my sound card

Windows 10 update on October 10 2018 broke my sound card: Hello, the October 10 2018 update broke my Realtek sound driver. I know this is the case because I performed a system restore to right before the update and the driver worked. Once I reinstalled the update it broke again. The volume icon shows a red X and the...