Windows 10: I broke my File Explorer View. Can't see space on Drives

Discus and support I broke my File Explorer View. Can't see space on Drives in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I did something dumb and I can't undo it. The top image below is what my This Computer looks like now. I want it to show the drive letter,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/zonomo1, Jan 6, 2020.

1. I broke my File Explorer View. Can't see space on Drives

/u/zonomo1, Jan 6, 2020

2. How to display tile view for pictures in the File Explorer.

Hi Matthew,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in files view settings.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to turn on Tiles view of pictures.

1. Open File Explorer where pictures are present.

2. Right click on the blank space in the File Explorer.

3. Then click on View option from the list and choose
    Tiles.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jan 6, 2020
  3. setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, Jan 6, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

I broke my File Explorer View. Can't see space on Drives

File Explorer and viewing pictures

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open File Explorer.

• Click on View Tab.

• Select Detail panel.

• Now if you click on any picture or file you will be able to see the information at the top right corner.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jan 6, 2020
Thema:

I broke my File Explorer View. Can't see space on Drives

1. I broke my File Explorer View. Can't see space on Drives - Similar Threads - broke File Explorer

2. I can't see the side of my file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't see the side of my file explorer: I can't see the side of my file explorer and it's just annoying https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-see-the-side-of-my-file-explorer/e75bae2e-594c-4a1d-b62c-2f7f49c811af
  3. can't see my NAS drive on file explorer windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    can't see my NAS drive on file explorer windows 10: i can't see my NAS drive file explorer QTS TS-253Aany suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-see-my-nas-drive-on-file-explorer-windows-10/f607462a-b7b9-4cbc-82de-9c6dac90450f
  4. "Line spacing" in File Explorer "List" View

in Windows 10 Support
    "Line spacing" in File Explorer "List" View: It seems like something changed in the past day or two to add line spacing when in List View in Explorer. Not sure if it's quite double-spacing, but there definitely is more vertical space between items now. Any idea how to reset that to the previous single-spacing? Here's...
  5. Can't view folder and files in Explorer but can see in Power Shell

Can't view folder and files in Explorer but can see in Power Shell: Hello I have a problem that folders and files generated for example in Qtcreator or by comand g++ a.cpp are not visible in Explorer. I have checked properties of folder and it is not hiden atributte. Invisible files for example generated a.exe can be seen only by...
  6. Can't see external drives in File Explorer

Can't see external drives in File Explorer: I have 3 external disks and none of them are recognised when I plug them in, the usb ports are ok as I can plug any usb drives and use them with no issues. I have used these 3 drives with no problems in the past. I think a Windows 10 update has caused some issues? Please...
  7. file explorer--seeing drives

in Windows 10 Support
    file explorer--seeing drives: When I open file explorer via right click on start menu, it opens to 'quick access'--frequent folders and recent files. I want to see my drives and partitions. A file and folder tree. While convenient, I'm less interested in recent files and frequent folders. I hate that...
  8. Can't view backup hard drive in file explorer

Can't view backup hard drive in file explorer: I have a G Drive Mobile device that I used to backup a Mac. I'm am transferring to a Windows 10 laptop. When I plug in the device into one of the USB slots, the laptop makes a noise like it has recognized a device, but it doesn't show in File Explorer. It DOES show when I...
  9. Windows File Explorer can't see my installed hard drives

Windows File Explorer can't see my installed hard drives: I recently did a clean install to a new SSD. It does not show up in Explorer. I also did reformatting of 2 HDDs...neither of them show up in Explorer either. Oddly enough, all 3 drives do show in Disk Management. How do I resolve this?...
  10. Color of Drive Space Gauges on Tiled view of File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Color of Drive Space Gauges on Tiled view of File Explorer: Is there a way I can change the color of the "almost full" drive space gauges in tile view of File Explorer to be the same blue (or even a slightly different blue) when Windows decides my space is low? The red is so annoying to me that I"m likely going to turn off tiles in...