Windows 10: i broke my windows store/ applications

Discus and support i broke my windows store/ applications in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; i have a problem i was cleaning my pc with cc cleaner and superantspyware but i seems i deleted some files that i should not have been deleting {i... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Skyver1911, Jul 6, 2020.

1. i broke my windows store/ applications

i have a problem

i was cleaning my pc with cc cleaner and superantspyware

but i seems i deleted some files that i should not have been deleting

{i think it was something along the lines of win 10 dekit or something}

groove music mailing program ever application that uses Microsoft store seems to not work anymore

i tried system restore point but it was not able to recover it

i tried doing cmd :: sfc /scannowwhich did not fix it

i also tried doing a thing trough power shell but i can,t find what command it was

i have a lot of different programs and files on my pc and would like to avoid having to reinstall win

any insight or possible solutions would be much appreciated

:)

Skyver1911, Jul 6, 2020

2. Windows 10 broke my steam

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Method 1: Try updating the Video card drivers and check if it helps.

Follow the steps to update the Video card driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Video card listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.

Method 2: Try installing the game in Compatibility mode and check.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Right click the Game setup file and select Properties then tap or click the Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap or click the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click OK.
    • Try installing the Game and check.

If still the issue persist then I suggest you to follow the suggestion provided by crazzilla replied on August 3, 2015 from the below link and check if it helps.

Windows 10 & Steam Gaming - most games broke

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 6, 2020
  3. Issues with some windows store Apps.

Thank you for getting back to us. We suggest that you reset your Windows Store. Resetting the Windows store will clear the cache and cookies of the said application. Please follow these steps:

• Left click on the Start menu and look for "Run".
    • Type "wsreset.exe".

We'll wait for your update.

Marvin Barc, Jul 6, 2020
  4. Kem Mon Win User

i broke my windows store/ applications

Applications downloaded from Windows Store cannot be launched.

Hi Khan,

Corrupted
    System Files
    and
    Windows Store Components
    are some possible causes why these applications are not working. We suggest that you uninstall these
    applications and perform these methods of troubleshooting:

Method 1: Update your drivers.

Updating your
    drivers will help your applications and other system to run
    smoothly with your currents Windows version.
    To know how to update your drivers, click
    here.

Method 2:
    Run SFC Scan.  

SFC
    will
    scan
    and
    run
    an
    automatic repair
    to any
    corrupted system files
    that it will detect. We suggest that you perform it twice. To run an
    SFC scan, follow these steps:  

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.   

Method 3:
    Run DISM Tool.  

DISM
    will
    restore any Corrupted System Image
    that causes the
    issues
    on your
    Windows. To perform DISM, follow these steps:  

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type the following command:  

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /scanhealth  

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth  

NOTE:
    This might take a while to finish scanning.
    Do not cancel.

Method 4: Resetting Windows Store.

To reset your
    Windows Store, just press
    Windows key + R,
    type
    WSReset.exe
    and hit
    Enter. Resetting
    your
    Windows Store
    will install new
    System Files
    and
    Components
    replacing those corrupted ones.

After performing these methods, kindly
    reinstall
    those
    applications
    and check if there are any changes.

Update us on how it goes so that we can investigate it further in case the troubleshooting fails.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jul 6, 2020
Thema:

i broke my windows store/ applications

1. i broke my windows store/ applications - Similar Threads - broke store applications

2. My windows store is broke, and so my xbox app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows store is broke, and so my xbox app.: Salutations I'm currently on windows 11, and was trying to install Halo MCC from the xbox app, having the ultimate gamepass. But every time I try it gives me error 0x0000000 and prevents me from canceling the download. If I try, both in the xbox app and in the store, it...
  3. My windows store is broke, and so my xbox app.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My windows store is broke, and so my xbox app.: Salutations I'm currently on windows 11, and was trying to install Halo MCC from the xbox app, having the ultimate gamepass. But every time I try it gives me error 0x0000000 and prevents me from canceling the download. If I try, both in the xbox app and in the store, it...
  4. I broke the Microsoft Store. Help!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I broke the Microsoft Store. Help!: I was trying a bunch of different things to get access to the files in the WindowsApps folder. Somehow in the midst of all that, I broke the Microsoft Store and all the apps I downloaded from it. What do I do? I tried renaming the old WindowsApps folder and installing the...
  5. I Broke Windows

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I Broke Windows: Modifying the advanced security settings for my Program Files x86 directory **** up my computer. I wanted to edit the configuration file for a program, but Windows blocks access to it's directory by default I now understand why. In the security tab for Program Files x86,...
  6. windows store: my phone application

windows store: my phone application: Today an application in windows store updates again and again if i manually search for update. Anyone else noticed it? [img] 169595
  7. Windows store broke after SSD cloning

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows store broke after SSD cloning: I recently moved to a larger SSD and I decided to clone the SSD and expand. The windows booted fine, but I realized that this will break the app install that is distributed through the store. I need Ubuntu in WSL2, but it seems no way to install it. Cannot install anything,...
  8. The store broke again

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The store broke again: Tried to download age of empires 2 and the whole store has stopped working, even when i log out of the store it doesnt load anything just gives me a fat 0x80131505 Feels bad man I was looking forward to that submitted by /u/GmoneyTheBroke [link] [comments]...
  9. Windows Store Applications

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Store Applications: Hey guys, Recently I've been having lots of trouble trying to install State of Decay 2 on my computer. The game is currently on the Xbox game pass and I wanted to give mouse and keyboard a try. However, every time I go into the Microsoft Store and click install the download...
  10. Urgent! Problems With Window's Applications, I think I broke Windows

Urgent! Problems With Window's Applications, I think I broke Windows: Welp, I think I've goofed. I noticed a lack of Icons for the tile for the window based applications, (Store, Groove, Messaging...) I click on the tiles and nothing happens. Did I somehow uninstall all of my Windows Applications? I also noticed my PC information is...