Windows 10: I burnt a cd and when i put it in on media player all the information is another artists album

Discus and support I burnt a cd and when i put it in on media player all the information is another artists album in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently burnt a bunch of cds for one of my friends albums and even though i put all the information one the cds right with my friends album name and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by conner, Jul 9, 2024.

1. conner Win User

I burnt a cd and when i put it in on media player all the information is another artists album

I recently burnt a bunch of cds for one of my friends albums and even though i put all the information one the cds right with my friends album name and his artist name every time i burnt one all the information when i put it in media player is "Seis Mass" by " O Tarot Nunca Mente" and all the song names are different, i searched it up and its a real album but it literally has nothing to do with the songs i burnt. Does anyone know why this happened and how to fix it?

:)

conner, Jul 9, 2024
  2. Steve C Win User

Groove Shows Unknown Artist & Unknown Album

I solved it by doing the following! I'm not sure which step cracked the problem.

1. Set indexing to index the content of my music files by right clicking on the top level folder, setting the option and applying to all files and sub-folders
    2. Rebuilt the index via the Control Panel Indexing options
    3. Deleted the folders watched in Groove
    4. Deleted the Groove database at C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.ZuneMusic_<random>\LocalState\Database
    5. Started Groove
    6. Reassigned the folders to watch

All songs now appear with the right artist & album but some album art was missing in Groove and Media Player despite being displayed correctly in iTunes. I manually updated the missing album art in Media Player and Groove then synchronised to match the Media Player album art.

Steve C, Jul 9, 2024
  3. No Information on CDs in Windows Media Player?

So I just recently bought a new CD that had just came out that day. I came home, put it into my computer (Which I'm running Windows 10 on) and tried to play it in Windows Media Player. The CD plays perfectly, but no information about the album shows
    up (I.e. Album name, artist, genre, track names, etc.). It also shows up the same way in file explorer and any other media player. I've looked online and I can't seem to find anything to fix this problem. Is this a problem with my computer, the software, the
    CD, or something else?

Piper Beadia, Jul 9, 2024
  4. Quinn.HP Win User

I burnt a cd and when i put it in on media player all the information is another artists album

Media Player not adding certain albums to the correct artist

Hi CozyCatMusic, my name is Quinn. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'm here to help you.

Based on the image you sent, it looks like Windows Media Player correctly identifies the contributing artist "Hi I'm Brandon", but attributes the album to "Unknown Artist". To fix it, Right-click on the album in your library and select "Edit information". In the edit information window, you should see fields for "Artist" and "Album artist". Make sure the "Album artist" field is filled in correctly. Enter the correct album artist and then click "Save".

Quinn.HP, Jul 9, 2024
Thema:

1. I burnt a cd and when i put it in on media player all the information is another artists album - Similar Threads - burnt put media

2. I burnt a cd and when i put it in on media player all the information is another artists album

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I burnt a cd and when i put it in on media player all the information is another artists album: I recently burnt a bunch of cds for one of my friends albums and even though i put all the information one the cds right with my friends album name and his artist name every time i burnt one all the information when i put it in media player is "Seis Mass" by " O Tarot Nunca...
  3. I burnt a cd and when i put it in on media player all the information is another artists album

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I burnt a cd and when i put it in on media player all the information is another artists album: I recently burnt a bunch of cds for one of my friends albums and even though i put all the information one the cds right with my friends album name and his artist name every time i burnt one all the information when i put it in media player is "Seis Mass" by " O Tarot Nunca...
  4. Media Player not adding certain albums to the correct artist

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Player not adding certain albums to the correct artist: I've got a couple albums on Media Player and some of them won't show on the artist page. Instead it puts it in the unknown artist tab. You can see in the attachment below, it shows the contributing artist, but the album artist is, for some reason, the unknown artist....
  5. Media Player not adding certain albums to the correct artist

Media Player not adding certain albums to the correct artist: I've got a couple albums on Media Player and some of them won't show on the artist page. Instead it puts it in the unknown artist tab. You can see in the attachment below, it shows the contributing artist, but the album artist is, for some reason, the unknown artist....
  6. Media Player Windows 11 Unknown artist Unknown Album

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Player Windows 11 Unknown artist Unknown Album: So i am using Media Player for windows 11 i added my songsit said unknown artist and unknown albumi did everything i couldplease dont tell me to edit metadata or somethingmedia player isnt scanning the folder and songsplease help me fix this...
  7. Media Player Windows 11 Unknown artist Unknown Album

Media Player Windows 11 Unknown artist Unknown Album: So i am using Media Player for windows 11 i added my songsit said unknown artist and unknown albumi did everything i couldplease dont tell me to edit metadata or somethingmedia player isnt scanning the folder and songsplease help me fix this...
  8. THE FIX for "Find Album Information" Windows Media Player

THE FIX for "Find Album Information" Windows Media Player: I was having difficulty updating my album info in Windows Media Player. I tried just about everything online to no avail. Then I followed these steps and it provided the resolution. 1. On the Start Menu - Type Manage Optional Features - You may have to enter your Admin...
  9. Media Player - Find Album Information

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Media Player - Find Album Information: When I try to Update Album Information from online servers the default server is: musicmatch-ssl.xboxlive.com This server seems unable to find any music, even music that was previously found! Previous versions of Media Player on my previous laptop searched for album...
  10. Find Album Information in Windows Media Player Does Not Work

Find Album Information in Windows Media Player Does Not Work: It was working before. Sometime after I got the Creators' Update it just stopped working. [img] Is there any way to fix it? I have tried enabling and disabling Windows Media Player under "Turn Windows features on or off" and that did not work. I know Groove...