Windows 10: i by mistake set up a password when cortana asked me but now i want to remove it how can i

Discus and support i by mistake set up a password when cortana asked me but now i want to remove it how can i in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; by mistake, I set A PASSWORD when Cortana asked me(Cortana is in window 10 which searches AND it also set reminders it tells news etc) now I want to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by khalidmahmood3, Jan 9, 2019.

1. i by mistake set up a password when cortana asked me but now i want to remove it how can i

by mistake, I set A PASSWORD when Cortana asked me(Cortana is in window 10 which searches AND it also set reminders it tells news etc) now I want to remove the password

:)

khalidmahmood3, Jan 9, 2019

2. Cortana asks for old password

Original Title: Cortana

Cortana on my PC asks for email or phone number and then asks for password. Which password.....my computer starting password or my email password or a new one just for Cortana? In the Next step Cortana asks for the old password one more time, but entering
    different ones do not work and entering none of them does not work either. Other people use this computer in my family so I once ended up with only my email address and email password able to start my computer .Is Cortana ever available and ,if so, to just
    one, or all of the family?

hortunia neusbaum, Jan 9, 2019
  3. Cortana asking for a non-existent "old password"

Hello Paul,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

To be able to assist you better, let us know a few more details on the below questions.

• Is this is the first time you are trying to sign in to Cortana?
    • Did you try to check if similar issues occur when you sign through Microsoft Account(MSA)?
    • What is the current build of Windows 10 installed in your computer?

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to refer to the below thread wherein one of our Forum Moderators,
    Vinod Archak has replied to a similar scenario.

Why does Cortana ask me to “Enter your old password one last time”?

If it still does not help, I suggest you to make sure that you have changed your location/region and language of the PC to the ones supported for Cortana.

Ref:
    Cortana's regions and languages

Follow the below steps to check for the correct system locale in your PC:

• Control Panel
    • Select Change date, time, or number formats
    • In the Region dialog appears, choose Administrative and click
      Change system locale.
    • Select a appropriate system locale

Write to us with the updated status and the required information for us to be able to assist you better.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jan 9, 2019
  4. Isha Soni Win User

i by mistake set up a password when cortana asked me but now i want to remove it how can i

Cortana asking for old password

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand how you feel about the situation. I suggest you some steps which can resolve your issue.

Refer to the suggestion by Vinod Archak from the following link and check if it helps.

Why does Cortana ask me to “Enter your old password one last time”?

Hope the information provided was helpful. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are happy to assist you.

Thanks & Regards,

Isha Soni, Jan 9, 2019
Thema:

i by mistake set up a password when cortana asked me but now i want to remove it how can i

1. i by mistake set up a password when cortana asked me but now i want to remove it how can i - Similar Threads - mistake set password

2. Windows 11 is asking me for a sign-in password that I never set. How can I fix this issue?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 is asking me for a sign-in password that I never set. How can I fix this issue?: I just built this PC a few days ago, and everything was running fine. I turned my computer on just now and was randomly greeted with a blue page that required a password to sign in even though I had never made a password to begin with. After multiple failed attempts I tried...
  3. Windows 11 is asking me for a sign-in password that I never set. How can I fix this issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 is asking me for a sign-in password that I never set. How can I fix this issue?: I just built this PC a few days ago, and everything was running fine. I turned my computer on just now and was randomly greeted with a blue page that required a password to sign in even though I had never made a password to begin with. After multiple failed attempts I tried...
  4. It is asking me to enter password,when i went to bios i entered password but I want to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It is asking me to enter password,when i went to bios i entered password but I want to...: It is when opening my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/it-is-asking-me-to-enter-passwordwhen-i-went-to/bdbd8c1b-d0ff-4366-bee8-c153d8113e94
  5. It is asking me to enter password,when i went to bios i entered password but I want to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    It is asking me to enter password,when i went to bios i entered password but I want to...: It is when opening my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/it-is-asking-me-to-enter-passwordwhen-i-went-to/bdbd8c1b-d0ff-4366-bee8-c153d8113e94
  6. It is asking me to enter password,when i went to bios i entered password but I want to...

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. How can I remove the password/pin for when I sign in?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can I remove the password/pin for when I sign in?: BEFORE YOU TYPE AWAY SAYING "netplwiz" NO! I already tried "netplwiz" but that box I need to check doesn't show up! [IMG]Is there any alternatives or way to get the box to show up?...
  8. Windows updated and now its asking how I want my keyboard set up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows updated and now its asking how I want my keyboard set up: Hello, Windows did an automatic update upon shutting down and now when I turn on my computer it is asking which keyboard layout I want. After clicking US it takes me to the troubleshoot or advanced options. I've tried to uninstall update but ran into a error when doing so....
  9. I want to remove the password requirement I set, on startup and wake up. Where can I change...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I want to remove the password requirement I set, on startup and wake up. Where can I change...: When I got Windows 10 I set a password to start up, and on wake up...No one used this computer but me, and I don't need this password, and I'm tired of putting it in...can I remove it, and where? I've tried everything in Settings, and find nothing. Where do I find the option...
  10. I want to get windows 10 now can I set it up now

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I want to get windows 10 now can I set it up now: I choose windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-get-windows-10-now-can-i-set-it-up-now/2c2158ed-a2bd-42b7-9f05-57c8282342dd