Windows 10: I can access my laptop's files from my desktop computer but not vice versa.

Discus and support I can access my laptop's files from my desktop computer but not vice versa. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Both my laptop and my desktop operate on Windows 10 and I have followed previously successful steps for sharing files between the two computers. Why... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JayHoward1, Oct 6, 2019.

1. I can access my laptop's files from my desktop computer but not vice versa.

Both my laptop and my desktop operate on Windows 10 and I have followed previously successful steps for sharing files between the two computers. Why can I not access my desktop's files from my laptop suddenly, today? Did anybody else have the same problem? Could you please show me some steps to configure any possible settings I would need to configure?

:)

JayHoward1, Oct 6, 2019
  2. lin337 Win User

how do i access my desktop from my laptop with windows 10

I have windows 10 on my laptop and my desktop. how do access from desktop or vice versa?

lin337, Oct 6, 2019
  3. karyeowl Win User
    Laptops cannot access desktops via WIFI

I have 3 desktops (all on Windows 10 1803) connected on my LAN. After following this forum for some times and did all the steps as suggested by forum member, access denied, all my desktops are able to view and access one another. I have a printer connected to PC1, and managed to connect all the other 2 PCs to have the shared printer.

I also have 2 more laptops (both Asus with the same Windows 10 1803) connected via WIFI. Performed all the same steps as per the desktops, but I was not able to access PC1. I was able to view all the 3 desktops from the file explorer, but I just can't access all the desktops. However, I was able to access the Asus laptops from desktop PC1.

Anyone able to assist on this matter? Any assistance is highly appreciated.

karyeowl, Oct 6, 2019
  4. I can access my laptop's files from my desktop computer but not vice versa.

Can not access Widows 10 from XP

I have three computers: a PC running Windows 10, a laptop running Widows 7 and a laptop running HP.

I have created a network. I can access from the Windows 10 the Windows 7 computer and vice versa. I can access from the HP the Widows 7 and vice versa.

But I can not access the Widows 10 from the XP or the other way around.

On the XP the Widows 10 computer appears but when I tried to access it I get an error message that says "\\Desktop-hss8ad4 is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator...."

On the Windows 10 desktop I do not even see the XP laptop. See picture below.

I can move files from the XP to the Windows 7 and access them from the Windows 10 but this is at best tedious and I have to have all three computers on.

Any suggestions?

TallRayHialeah, Oct 6, 2019
Thema:

I can access my laptop's files from my desktop computer but not vice versa.

1. I can access my laptop's files from my desktop computer but not vice versa. - Similar Threads - access laptop's files

2. Phone Link keeps disconnecting from my phone or vice versa

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link keeps disconnecting from my phone or vice versa: Why is this problem still happening. It's 2024 now and I see it has been going on since 2022. I need to use phone link for my work and it keeps on getting disconnected. What is the problem? Getting very old....
  3. Phone Link keeps disconnecting from my phone or vice versa

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phone Link keeps disconnecting from my phone or vice versa: Why is this problem still happening. It's 2024 now and I see it has been going on since 2022. I need to use phone link for my work and it keeps on getting disconnected. What is the problem? Getting very old....
  4. Phone Link keeps disconnecting from my phone or vice versa: Solved

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link keeps disconnecting from my phone or vice versa: Solved: I have found a solution which solved the problem of Phone Link app continually disconnecting. I will present my solution with a series of images showing the steps:First make sure Phone Link is running. Then on the keyboard, press the Win + x keys and select 'Installed apps' :...
  5. Phone Link keeps disconnecting from my phone or vice versa: Solved

Phone Link keeps disconnecting from my phone or vice versa: Solved: I have found a solution which solved the problem of Phone Link app continually disconnecting. I will present my solution with a series of images showing the steps:First make sure Phone Link is running. Then on the keyboard, press the Win + x keys and select 'Installed apps' :...
  6. Phone Link keeps disconnecting from my phone or vice versa

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link keeps disconnecting from my phone or vice versa: Phone is connected to the same WiFi network as my computer and Bluetooth is paired and connected. Occasionally, when I reactivate a running Phone Link app from the taskbar, it reconnects or tries to my phone. What settings to I need to adjust to keep the phone attached when...
  7. Phone Link keeps disconnecting from my phone or vice versa

Phone Link keeps disconnecting from my phone or vice versa: Phone is connected to the same WiFi network as my computer and Bluetooth is paired and connected. Occasionally, when I reactivate a running Phone Link app from the taskbar, it reconnects or tries to my phone. What settings to I need to adjust to keep the phone attached when...
  8. One Win10 computer can see other on network, but not vice versa

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One Win10 computer can see other on network, but not vice versa: I'm sure it's a common problem, but I can't find the solution. One of my Windows 10 computers Number 1 can see another on my home network Number 2, but Number 2 cannot see Number 1."Private" network.Bitdefender but problem remains even if firewall is off.Network discovery in...
  9. Remote Desktop, cannot connect from Pro to Home, but vice versa

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop, cannot connect from Pro to Home, but vice versa: I currently have two PCs, one running Win10Pro the other running Win10Home. So I wanted to try and use the remote desktop but when I remote into the Home pc from the Pro pc I get a cannot connect message with the typical 3 reasons remote access to the server is not enable,...
  10. Numbers instead of letters on HP laptop and Vice Versa.

in Windows 10 Support
    Numbers instead of letters on HP laptop and Vice Versa.: I have had to plug in a keyboard because my windows 10 Laptop keyboard is typing numbers instead of letters and vice versa, I have tried the 'Shift Key and Ctrl' even 'Function and Number lock' its still the same, would a restore work? Thanks in advance. 157730

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can access files from one computer but not vice versa