Windows 10: I can access windows apps folder even after I changed the ownership into trustedinstaller...

Discus and support I can access windows apps folder even after I changed the ownership into trustedinstaller... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; First I changed the ownership of the Windows apps folder to administrators according to a youtube video to know a file's location , after I knew the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by hassan mugaibel, Mar 19, 2023.

1. I can access windows apps folder even after I changed the ownership into trustedinstaller...

First I changed the ownership of the Windows apps folder to administrators according to a youtube video to know a file's location , after I knew the file's location I wanted to return the default permissions to keep the files save . I searched about it and I found that I have to change the ownership into trustedinstaller . I followed the instructions and changed the ownership into trustedinstaller successfully , but even after I changed the ownership into trustedinstaller , I can open the Windows apps folder without any difficulties or warnings ,like I didn't change anything. If a

:)

hassan mugaibel, Mar 19, 2023
  2. idsbelf Win User

Changing folder ownership (TrustedInstaller)

I can access  windows apps folder even after I changed the ownership into trustedinstaller... 16b4fcfe-973a-494e-b0d7-d0f8f67d7f29?upload=true.png

Hi,

I'm trying to uninstall windows defender as its bloating my pc and causing memory leaks, but task manager wont let me even close the program (access denied)

My next thought was to delete the Windows Defender folder in my C: drive, but I need permission from TrustedInstaller to modify the folder.

Upon trying to change the ownership of the folder, none of the accounts become editable (I can't assign any permissions to the administrator) and thus cannot change the ownership of the folder from trustedinstaller.

Any tips?

This is on Windows 10, for what its worth I haven't purchased a copy yet.

idsbelf, Mar 19, 2023
  3. ServerY92 Win User
    Changed the ownership of C:\windows on 2016 server from trustedinstaller to administrator and changed back

Hi Everyone,

Please help me with the following concern.

On my 2016 server i changed the ownership of C:\windows from Trustedinstaller to local administrator. I had also unknowingly selected the option to apply it to sub folders and files. Noticed it had changed ownnership on all the subfolders in C:\windows
    to Administrator.

Post this i changed ownership back to Trustedinstaller, and no permissions were changed.

Now i see all folders in C:\windows , owner as Trustedinstaller. On another 2016 server i found that some subfolders have the ownership set to system in C:\windows.

Will the existing ownership of C:\windows and its subfolders to trustedinstaller cause any problem? If yes how do i reset the ownerships to defaults. There we no permissions changes done.

Thanks,

ServerY92, Mar 19, 2023
  4. I can access windows apps folder even after I changed the ownership into trustedinstaller...

WindowsApps folder ownership

Hello,

As I know, the default owner for WindowsApps folder is TrustedInstaller. You can try restoring ownership to TrustedInstaller, refer first reply here for the required steps:

Redirecting

Hope this helps!

Kapil Arya MVP, Mar 19, 2023
Thema:

I can access windows apps folder even after I changed the ownership into trustedinstaller...

1. I can access windows apps folder even after I changed the ownership into trustedinstaller... - Similar Threads - access apps folder

2. I can access windows apps folder even after I changed the ownership into trustedinstaller...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can access windows apps folder even after I changed the ownership into trustedinstaller...: First I changed the ownership of the Windows apps folder to administrators according to a youtube video to know a file's location , after I knew the file's location I wanted to return the default permissions to keep the files save . I searched about it and I found that I have...
  3. TrustedInstaller Access Denied when taking ownership

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TrustedInstaller Access Denied when taking ownership: So I'm running Windows 8.1 Enterprise and wanted to get windows 10 so I decided to change to try and change to windows 8,1 professional. However, when I tried to change the product key in Registry Editor, I required permission from TrustedInstaller. I decided to look up a...
  4. TrustedInstaller Access Denied when taking ownership

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    TrustedInstaller Access Denied when taking ownership: So I'm running Windows 8.1 Enterprise and wanted to get windows 10 so I decided to change to try and change to windows 8,1 professional. However, when I tried to change the product key in Registry Editor, I required permission from TrustedInstaller. I decided to look up a...
  5. I really need to be able to access a TrustedInstalled folder

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I really need to be able to access a TrustedInstalled folder: Hello friends. I'm writing today seeking the help of someone willing to help me out. The tl;dr version is I'm denied access to a folder that's currently owned by TrustedInstaller: "You have been denied permission to access this folder. To gain access to this folder you will...
  6. I really need to be able to access a TrustedInstalled folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I really need to be able to access a TrustedInstalled folder: Hello friends. I'm writing today seeking the help of someone willing to help me out. The tl;dr version is I'm denied access to a folder that's currently owned by TrustedInstaller: "You have been denied permission to access this folder. To gain access to this folder you will...
  7. Changing folder ownership TrustedInstaller

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing folder ownership TrustedInstaller: [ATTACH] Hi, I'm trying to uninstall windows defender as its bloating my pc and causing memory leaks, but task manager wont let me even close the program access denied My next thought was to delete the Windows Defender folder in my C: drive, but I need permission from...
  8. How to change ownership away from TrustedInstaller for Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to change ownership away from TrustedInstaller for Windows Defender: I don't know how to change the ownership away from Trusted Installer to Admin for Windows Defender. I right-clicked on Windows Defender folder, click on properties, clicked on Security Tab, clicked on Advanced and click on Change next to Owner. Normally a window would pop up...
  9. Override TrustedInstaller ownership...?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Override TrustedInstaller ownership...?: Hi, Before Windows update, I disabled Cortana by entering "AllowCortana" with value '0' in Registry then renaming the Cortana folder in SystemApps. When doing the update I forgot the renaming of the folder, so now got two Cortana folders in SystemApps. I have tried to get...
  10. Restoring TrustedInstaller ownership

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restoring TrustedInstaller ownership: Long story short, I messed with the ownership of some system files and now Windows won’t boot. SFC and dism both fail. Safe mode won’t boot either. The only thing I can access is the command prompt on the automatic repair screen. Is there any way to restore the...