Windows 10: I can connect my pc to any wifi device but not the one from my home

Discus and support I can connect my pc to any wifi device but not the one from my home in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello there, I am having a problem connecting to my home's wifi with this computer, window 10. I can connect my mobile device to wifi and I don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PedroEugenio1, Oct 7, 2018.

1. I can connect my pc to any wifi device but not the one from my home

Hello there,

I am having a problem connecting to my home's wifi with this computer, window 10. I can connect my mobile device to wifi and I don't have any problem. Also I can connect my pc to any wifi and it works perfectly but not my home's wifi.

It says that it has connection but microsoft.com cannot cannot and sometime it says that I have problem with DNS. I checked on internet and I have done everything I could find. Sometimes, randomly it works and then the next day I have the same issue. It works for one day and then 2 or 3 days it has the same problem. I am not sure what to try next as it seems that whenever I try something it works for one day and when I turn on the pc again, the same problem appears.

Thanks, hope my English is understandable

:)

PedroEugenio1, Oct 7, 2018

2. Cannot connect to wifi with laptop

Hi,

We would like to isolate this issue that you're having right now. We suggest that you try the steps below:

• Go to Network and Sharing Center.

• At the right pane, click Change adapter settings.

• Right click on your connection name (WiFi name) and Properties.

• Click the Configure... button.

• Go to Power Management tab.

• Uncheck/disable the radio button for "Allow this device to turn off this device to save power".

• Restart the PC (Important)

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Leviozar Gam, Oct 7, 2018
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Windows 10 - WIFI 2 - Cant connect

Hi
    Myamara,

It is possible that your drivers are outdated or the connection itself has the issue. We suggest that you perform
    these methods of troubleshooting
    and check if there are any changes:

Method 1: Reset TCP/IP

To do this, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Run
      this command:

• netsh int ip reset
        and hit
        Enter.

Exit
    Command Prompt
    and
    monitor your WiFi connection.

Method 2: Disable auto turn-off of WiFi device.

Go to
    Network and Sharing Center. At the
    right pane, click
    Change adapter settings.
    Right-click
    on your
    connection name(WiFi name)
    and go to
    Properties.Click
    the
    "Configure..."
    button and go to
    Power Management
    tab.Uncheck/disable
    the
    radio button
    for
    "Allow this device to turn off this device to save power". And then,
    Restart the PC(Important).

Method 3: Reconfigure TCP/IP

To do this, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Run
      these following commands:

• netsh int tcp set heuristics
        disabled

• netsh int tcp
        set global autotuninglevel=disabled

• netsh int tcp set global
        rss=enabled

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Oct 7, 2018
  4. I can connect my pc to any wifi device but not the one from my home

Windows 10 wifi icon shows not connected - connections available - but internet works fine?

Hi Nik,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We suggest you to try to disable auto turn-off of WiFi device by following the steps below:

• Go to Network and Sharing Center.
    • At the right pane, click Change adapter settings.
    • Right click on your connection name (WiFi name) and Properties.
    • Click the Configure... button.
    • Go to Power Management tab.
    • Uncheck/disable the radio button for "Allow this device to turn off this device to save power".

• Restart the PC (Important)

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Leviozar Gam, Oct 7, 2018
Thema:

I can connect my pc to any wifi device but not the one from my home

1. I can connect my pc to any wifi device but not the one from my home - Similar Threads - connect wifi device

2. Cant connect to wifi on my pc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cant connect to wifi on my pc: My wifi connection works on every device, but on pc it doesn't show up. When I try to search for my wifi connection on pc, in wifi search, it doesn't show up. I tried to update and uninstall my internet adapter, and its not working again. Please someone help, I need to...
  3. Occasionally i cannot connect to the WiFi on my PC

Occasionally i cannot connect to the WiFi on my PC: Recently, i have faced a problem when my WiFi just randomly cuts out on all Computer devices in my home (Desktop PC and Laptop) however, it says that the WiFi is connected on both computers. Also there is no problems what so ever when i try to connect and use the WiFi on my...
  4. PC unable to connect my home WIFI network

PC unable to connect my home WIFI network: In my PC is installed Windows 10 home edition. After starting my PC today it didn't connect automatically to my home WiFi network, as it usually do every day. I did the following without any result: 1. I restart my PC many times. 2. I manually logged on with my network...
  5. My laptop won't connect to my home WiFi

My laptop won't connect to my home WiFi: I have a Lenovo Ideapad 320 with Windows 10. This morning, the WiFi stopped working in the house for a few minutes, but then eventually came back online. But since it came back online, my laptop won't connect to the WiFi. All the other devices in the house (a Samsung Galaxy,...
  6. can I encrypt my wifi connection?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    can I encrypt my wifi connection?: can I encrypt my wifi connection? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-encrypt-my-wifi-connection/df600b51-dcc2-4640-ae24-3e96fd215dae"
  7. Can not connect to my WiFi

Can not connect to my WiFi: Every time i try to connect to my WiFi, the computer temporarily disables the WiFi adapter then re-enables it and doesn't allow me to connect to my WiFi. I've tried restarting both my Wireless Router and my laptop. I even tried factory resetting the laptop. I've disable and...
  8. Monitoring devices on my home wifi

Monitoring devices on my home wifi: How can I view and monitor what all my childrens devices are doing or accessing on my home wifi? without them knowing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/monitoring-devices-on-my-home-wifi/d8efa5fe-048f-4d0c-ad89-16dfa9dfc642
  9. One of the users on my laptop cannot connect to Wifi, the others can

One of the users on my laptop cannot connect to Wifi, the others can: One of the user accounts (with administrator privileges) on my Lenovo laptop shows the wifi network that I use (it is a neighbourhood wifi network) as Limited and the network login page will not come up and the internet is not available. However, other accounts on the same...
  10. my PC is unable to connect to wifi

my PC is unable to connect to wifi: Hey. Can anyone help me with this? Changed my wifi name and password. After that I`m unable to type the password. After clicking connect it loads for a while showing "checking network requirements" and it ends with "cant connect to this network". Password box does not even...