Windows 10: I can connect to internet through Firefox and Steam, nothing else. How can I restore my...

Discus and support I can connect to internet through Firefox and Steam, nothing else. How can I restore my... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Last night I was fiddling with group policy trying to disable Defender. I already have my own antivirus (clamwin), so I didn't see the point in having... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BenjaMAN_Franklin, Mar 25, 2020.

1. I can connect to internet through Firefox and Steam, nothing else. How can I restore my...

Last night I was fiddling with group policy trying to disable Defender. I already have my own antivirus (clamwin), so I didn't see the point in having two running. After I exited gp, suddenly I couldn't connect to the internet with Vivaldi, Palemoon, Edge, Mail or Windows Store. Firefox and Steam still work just fine. What happened? Vivaldi gives an error saying "your antivirus or firewall may be blocking connection," even just I just disabled Defender. How can I get through?

Cheers,

Ben

submitted by /u/BenjaMAN_Franklin
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/BenjaMAN_Franklin, Mar 25, 2020
  2. gordon99 Win User

Firefox will not connect to internet

I am finding It impossible to get Mozilla Firefox to connect to the internet on my daughter's Laptop which has a Windows 10. Pro. O/S. Other browsers work fine. Firefox was also worked ok until somehow I managed to unhinge it. There are no error messages, just a blank screen with the usual search bars. I have tried removing and reinstalling Firefox. I have also followed Mozillas advice regarding checks on Windows Firewall to make sure that this was not causing the problem.. I am at my wits end.. I really do want to restore a working version of Firefox and won't of appreciate suggestions as t what I need to do.

gordon99, Mar 25, 2020
  3. internet connection on Firefox

Hi Victornemec,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Do you face same issue on Internet Explorer?
    • If yes, is the issue specific with any other website?
    If the issue only occurs with Mozilla Firefox, I suggest you to contact Mozilla support for further assistance.

Firefox Help

This issue may occur due to proxy setting, try disabling them and check if it helps. Also try installing all the latest Windows updates and check if this issue occurs or not.

Hope the information helps. Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Mar 25, 2020
  4. Geethu B Win User

I can connect to internet through Firefox and Steam, nothing else. How can I restore my...

Issues with Steam and Mozilla Firefox.

Hi Dsheemstra,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

1. Conflict between third party applications.

2. Programs are corrupt.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to set the computer in a clean boot state and then check if you can open Windows Update. Setting the system in a clean boot state will help to identify if any third party applications or startup items are causing
    the issue.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135/en-us

Warning: After clean boot troubleshooting steps, refer to
    the section "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot" in the provided link to return your computer to Normal startup mode.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to uninstall and re-install Mozilla Firefox and Steam. Check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/repair-or-remove-programs#v1h=tab02

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

I can connect to internet through Firefox and Steam, nothing else. How can I restore my...

1. I can connect to internet through Firefox and Steam, nothing else. How can I restore my... - Similar Threads - connect internet through

2. How can I restore my internet connection?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I restore my internet connection?: A few days ago, my PC's internet connection icon changed from 'connected. to 'no internet', but still managed to connect to the internet, so I initially thought it was just something weird with the icon.However, today, after rebooting this morning, the PC isn't connecting to...
  3. How can I restore my internet connection?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I restore my internet connection?: A few days ago, my PC's internet connection icon changed from 'connected. to 'no internet', but still managed to connect to the internet, so I initially thought it was just something weird with the icon.However, today, after rebooting this morning, the PC isn't connecting to...
  4. How else can I log into my PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How else can I log into my PC?: HiI'm having a problem with login into my PCIt's asking for my password for email account and then goes back into signing page.I recently changed primary email address for Microsoft account Please adviseRegardsSlawomir Soja...
  5. How else can I log into my PC?

How else can I log into my PC?: HiI'm having a problem with login into my PCIt's asking for my password for email account and then goes back into signing page.I recently changed primary email address for Microsoft account Please adviseRegardsSlawomir Soja...
  6. I can only hear myself and nothing else

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can only hear myself and nothing else: I dont fucking know how, but I was changing my mic from the one on the camera I have to the one on my headset and now I can only hear myself and nothing else. help me. submitted by /u/b1_v_ [link] [comments]...
  7. Nothing can connect to the internet except Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Nothing can connect to the internet except Edge: So I got a new computer and whenever I try to access anything that isn't Edge it won't work. This includes Steam and Google Chrome. It is Really annoying as I can not use anything except Edge. I tried using netsh commands (as a administrator) but to no avail. Did anyone have...
  8. How can I connect to the internet

How can I connect to the internet: Connect to the internet on windows 10 lock screen using a mobile phone tether https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-connect-to-the-internet/0ede2a4c-4924-4bfb-b9a5-199d2f245918
  9. I can not connect to the internet

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can not connect to the internet: I have problems to connect to the internet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-not-connect-to-the-internet/5596cfdf-6652-4367-96b9-a79b86e0b73c
  10. How can I connect to my internet when in lockscreen?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can I connect to my internet when in lockscreen?: This happened after I restarted my laptop. I put my password in and it said that is incorrect, but is not. Then I found out that my laptop is not connected to the internet even though before it restarted, it still had internet on. Other devices were working fine meaning that...