Windows 10: I can connect to the internet just fine, anything to do with browsers. I cannot connect to...

Discus and support I can connect to the internet just fine, anything to do with browsers. I cannot connect to... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; for example Overwatch 2 boots me out to the menu, signs me out then says, lost connection to server, Deep Rock Galactic, and Valheim both either lock... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ButteredPoptart, Nov 29, 2022.

1. I can connect to the internet just fine, anything to do with browsers. I cannot connect to...

for example Overwatch 2 boots me out to the menu, signs me out then says, lost connection to server, Deep Rock Galactic, and Valheim both either lock up and freeze or DRG just doesn't show the servers. I have tried many methods to fix this, Disabling firewalls and antivirus type programs, clearing dns, restarting router and so on, but nothing has worked. The only thing I have noticed is when my computer seems like it's trying to connect to the game serverslike when i first get into overwatch or am trying to see the servers on DRG it makes all connections stop as I can't load anything on my b

:)

ButteredPoptart, Nov 29, 2022
  2. jcaswell Win User

W10 can connect to wider internet but cannot access web pages

I have an odd issue with my W10 laptop linked to Sky broadband in the UK via wifi using a Sky router. The effect is that while I can actually access the internet (I can send and receive emails using Outlook and can connect to other machines using TeamViewer) I cannot access any web site (Google, BBC etc). There is no specific error message, merely that the access request timed out and a suggestion that it may be to do with proxy.

I have tried the following:

1. Other systems (W10 and ios) can access web sites using the same Sky router (therefore probably not a router problem)
    2. I have sent and received emails using Outlook, so the broadband connection is working (probably not a Sky problem)
    3. I have tried two different browsers (Firefox and Edge), no connection (not a browser problem)
    4. I am using Windows Defender and have:
      1. Made sure that Firefox is in the list of allowed systems in its Firewall, no connection after a reboot
      2. Turned off the Firewall and tried again - no connection
    My next step will be to re-install Windows, but has anyone got any other suggestions? Could it be some sort of virus (I have carried out a complete virus check using Defender)

So - any suggestions?

jcaswell, Nov 29, 2022
  3. quaductas Win User
    Ping works fine, but no Internet connection in browser

Without having changed any settings, I can't access the Internet anymore through my laptop running Windows 10. Every browser tells me the connection has timed out. I can connect to the router and other devices on the network are not affected. Windows tells me that I am "connected to the Internet" but apparently, that's no help. It doesn't seem to work through other WiFi networks or ethernet either.

ping google.com works fine and surfing by IP address does not help.
    I tried restarting the computer, restarting the router, resetting IP configuration with no avail. I couldn't find a problem in the network settings either. I tried about anything suggested on this website.
    I hope someone of you has any idea as to what could resolve the issue. Thanks.

Update

So it turns out I can access google websites such as google.com or youtube, but nothing else. I tried some of the suggestions I found online, but nothing worked. Ideas?

quaductas, Nov 29, 2022
  4. I can connect to the internet just fine, anything to do with browsers. I cannot connect to...

Internet connection speeds

I'm really curious about this, considering the amount of hoopla every major internet connection provider likes to claim about their services, and many times exaggerated just to help their own sales . . .

So, with that in mind, anyone willing to post up their download/upload connection speeds, and we can see just how much of a difference there is in the various internet connection types.

Hit up Speedtest by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test, choose the location closest to your home and begin the test, afterwards, copy and paste your result here. Also, please list what type of connection you have (dial-up, cable, DSL, VDSL, FiOS, etc) - if you are running through an ethernet connection, please also list whether it's a direct connection, or your LAN/WiFi connection speeds.

So, I guess I'lll start:

Verizon standard DSL - D-Link 802.11g 54Mbps

I can connect to the internet just fine, anything to do with browsers. I cannot connect to... 189114715.png

imperialreign, Nov 29, 2022
Thema:

I can connect to the internet just fine, anything to do with browsers. I cannot connect to...

1. I can connect to the internet just fine, anything to do with browsers. I cannot connect to... - Similar Threads - connect internet fine

2. I can connect to the internet just fine, anything to do with browsers. I cannot connect to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can connect to the internet just fine, anything to do with browsers. I cannot connect to...: for example Overwatch 2 boots me out to the menu, signs me out then says, lost connection to server, Deep Rock Galactic, and Valheim both either lock up and freeze or DRG just doesn't show the servers. I have tried many methods to fix this, Disabling firewalls and antivirus...
  3. apps can't connect to the internet but the browser is working fine

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    apps can't connect to the internet but the browser is working fine: apps like discord, steam, egs etc. won't connect to the internet (or sometimes work as if my connection was extremely slow) but my browser (firefox) is working fine and the connection speed is the usual. I tried resetting my router, doing a network reset and changing my dns...
  4. No Internet connection and its work just fine.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No Internet connection and its work just fine.: Fresh Windows 10 Install for a new PC.. Maybe this is not new for most of you all..but this is new to me.. same with my name Nubi (newbie) i thought i cant install windows without microsoft accounts... Key points: Dont go Online too soon.. If you're free u can drop...
  5. Internet connection is fine, but Windows cannot connect to the update service.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Internet connection is fine, but Windows cannot connect to the update service.: Hello, After updating to Windows 10 1909 I cannot use Windows update. Internet connection works fine, but when I check for updates, I get the following error message: We couldn't connect to the update service. We'll try again later, or you can check now. If it still...
  6. Programs not connected to the Internet, but browsers work fine

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Programs not connected to the Internet, but browsers work fine: Hello, for some reason my programs are not able to connect to the Internet. My Spotify says it is Offline, my Steam says it has no connection, as well as my other programs. I am currently using Chrome, but my Microsoft Edge also works perfectly fine. I do not have an...
  7. I have a connection but cannot do anything internet related

I have a connection but cannot do anything internet related: Hi so I just reinstalled windows 10 fully clean deleted all my files after thinking it would fix my issue it seemed it had for a little bit now its back anytime I play games or randomly on youtube my internet will "cut" however I clearly have a connection because it shows me...
  8. I cannot connect to the internet

I cannot connect to the internet: I cannot connect to the internet with my PC with windows 10. neither for Wi-Fi nor wired, I was checking and my brother's PC is something different than mine, in the if you have a network icon as a monitor and when we disconnect it from the Internet the same icon appears but...
  9. I'm connected to the internet and can browse just fine, but my connection status is no...

I'm connected to the internet and can browse just fine, but my connection status is no...: I'm connected to the internet and can browse just fine, but my connection status is no internet, secured. This prevents from using windows UWP softwares....
  10. I can not connect to the internet

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can not connect to the internet: I have problems to connect to the internet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-not-connect-to-the-internet/5596cfdf-6652-4367-96b9-a79b86e0b73c