Windows 10: I can delete skype

Discus and support I can delete skype in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Why I cant delete skype from my computer? I have tried it all (it is not listed in my programmes so I can remove it from there) After spending almost... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DanielCruchaga, Sep 8, 2018.

1. DanielCruchaga Win User

I can delete skype

Why I cant delete skype from my computer? I have tried it all (it is not listed in my programmes so I can remove it from there)

After spending almost two hours deleting all the skype related entries in the register, I am left with two that simply will not get deleted (gives me an error message that says:

Can not delete

Microsoft-Windows-Skype-ORTC-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~0.0.0.0: Error while deleting key

:)

DanielCruchaga, Sep 8, 2018
  2. ThofikhAhamad Win User

Deleted Skype Contacts Still in the People App

Hi Mateja,

From your issue description, I understand that you want to remove Skype contacts from People app. Not to worry, I am here to help you with this issue.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to hide Skype contacts by applying filter and check if this helps.

Follow these steps:

• Open People app and click on Settings.
    • Now click on Filter contact list.
    • Uncheck Skype from list and click on Done.
    You may also delete contacts manually.

Right click on contact name one by one and click on Delete.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Sep 8, 2018
  3. thedivinehairband Win User
    Skype?

As this is a now quite established messenger system of sorts perhaps a Skype feature for people skype names so perhaps some real time problem solving/discussions could be mounted?
    Just a wee suggestion.
    What does everyone else think?

thedivinehairband, Sep 8, 2018
  4. Vijay Rchandran. Win User

I can delete skype

Deleting Skype contact

Microsoft Lumia 640. Windows 8.1.

How do I go about deleting Skype contacts from my people app?

Tried to do a clean start with contacts. All the personal & work related contacts were mixed up. Deleted all the contacts & was planning on using different accounts for personal & work until I ran into this issue.

These are neither personal or work related, actually its my vehicle workshop number which is showing up as a Skype contact.

If I right click on the contact I get the "Pin to start" & "Edit" options with delete grey out. I tried via Skype & there is no listing of such a contact. Tried deleting it via Skype app on my phone & the only option I get on right click is "add to favorites"

Found a couple of suggestions given to deselect the Skype account which I know will do the trick but it will also make the contacts I want disappear. Any help greatly appreciated.

Vijay.

Vijay Rchandran., Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

I can delete skype

1. I can delete skype - Similar Threads - delete skype

2. Folder disappeared - didn't delete and can't find in search

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder disappeared - didn't delete and can't find in search: I don't know exactly what happened, but it seems one of my folders has disappeared from my hard drive. I had it in a folder called 'unfinished', I went to move two other folders from that folder to another with no issues, but when I went back to the 'unfinished' folder,...
  3. hard drive failed and the efi partition was deleted

in Windows 10 Support
    hard drive failed and the efi partition was deleted: the hard drive in my pc failed yesterday i managed to get almost everything back but the efi partition is lost so i can't boot into windows 10 is there anyway i can recreate it?? i use a gpt motherboard 121529
  4. Backing up then deleting all personal information

in Windows 10 Customization
    Backing up then deleting all personal information: How do I backup then delete all my information on this HP Laptop with Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backing-up-then-deleting-all-personal-information/46567936-a9f9-424f-ade2-88e94ea22ee1
  5. The last Windows 10 update deleted my Windows password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The last Windows 10 update deleted my Windows password: ...so I went to log onto my Windows computer this afternoon and, much to my consternation, it tells me that I entered the wrong password. Of course I had written it down so, after having retried it 3 times, I got it out and sure enough I had it right. So I thought about...
  6. Bluetooth repeatedly gets deleted off of my windows 10 laptop (Acer Nitro 5)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth repeatedly gets deleted off of my windows 10 laptop (Acer Nitro 5): For whatever reason, my Bluetooth drivers are constantly getting deleted off of my PC. The only reason I could think of why this is happening is because of OneDrive, but that doesn't make much sense since I disabled OneDrive just to make sure that it wouldn't happen. I am...
  7. Cannot delete or rename files in Onedrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot delete or rename files in Onedrive: I have a problem in Windows 10. Sometimes I cannot delete or rename files (images) that are in Onedive. This happens only if I use a third party program to do it. This has happened with several programs so it is an issue of an individual program. Copying the files and then...
  8. how do I delete a skype account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I delete a skype account: how do I delete a skype account so that I can get back to my old account. the new skype automatically logs me in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-windows_skype/how-do-i-delete-a-skype-account/12625083-6e34-4c4c-b31d-18b24812abf7
  9. Skype Video App - Delete Call History ?

Skype Video App - Delete Call History ?: Hi. Can someone please tell me how to delete the call history of the new integrated Skype Video App ? Thanks in advance for an help. 30931
  10. Delete Skype

Delete Skype: I have no use for it on this pc - Win 10 home 64 bit - so how I permanently disable or delete Skype - another program I did not ask for but forced on me by Microsoft. It does not appear in startup or programs 98680