Windows 10: I can delete skype

Discus and support I can delete skype in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Why I cant delete skype from my computer? I have tried it all (it is not listed in my programmes so I can remove it from there) After spending almost... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DanielCruchaga, Sep 8, 2018.

1. I can delete skype

Why I cant delete skype from my computer? I have tried it all (it is not listed in my programmes so I can remove it from there)

After spending almost two hours deleting all the skype related entries in the register, I am left with two that simply will not get deleted (gives me an error message that says:

Can not delete

Microsoft-Windows-Skype-ORTC-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~0.0.0.0: Error while deleting key

:)

DanielCruchaga, Sep 8, 2018

2. Deleted Skype Contacts Still in the People App

Hi Mateja,

From your issue description, I understand that you want to remove Skype contacts from People app. Not to worry, I am here to help you with this issue.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to hide Skype contacts by applying filter and check if this helps.

Follow these steps:

• Open People app and click on Settings.
    • Now click on Filter contact list.
    • Uncheck Skype from list and click on Done.
    You may also delete contacts manually.

Right click on contact name one by one and click on Delete.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Sep 8, 2018
  3. Skype?

As this is a now quite established messenger system of sorts perhaps a Skype feature for people skype names so perhaps some real time problem solving/discussions could be mounted?
    Just a wee suggestion.
    What does everyone else think?

thedivinehairband, Sep 8, 2018
  4. I can delete skype

Deleting Skype contact

Microsoft Lumia 640. Windows 8.1.

How do I go about deleting Skype contacts from my people app?

Tried to do a clean start with contacts. All the personal & work related contacts were mixed up. Deleted all the contacts & was planning on using different accounts for personal & work until I ran into this issue.

These are neither personal or work related, actually its my vehicle workshop number which is showing up as a Skype contact.

If I right click on the contact I get the "Pin to start" & "Edit" options with delete grey out. I tried via Skype & there is no listing of such a contact. Tried deleting it via Skype app on my phone & the only option I get on right click is "add to favorites"

Found a couple of suggestions given to deselect the Skype account which I know will do the trick but it will also make the contacts I want disappear. Any help greatly appreciated.

Vijay.

Vijay Rchandran., Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

I can delete skype

1. I can delete skype - Similar Threads - delete skype

2. Deleting old 32-bit Skype installed by accident.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deleting old 32-bit Skype installed by accident.: Due to some major hard drive issues I had to factory reset my laptop about two weeks ago. Not realizing Skype comes installed on Windows 10, I installed a 32-bit version of Skype. These files are causing Skype to use a ton of my memory (1.3GB or more at times, even more than...
  3. People app shows already deleted Skype contacts

People app shows already deleted Skype contacts: Windows 10 is version 2004. People app is version 10.1909.10841.0. Contacts were deleted within Skype (Skype contact can't be deleted from People app by design). Is there any solution for this? I have been searching over internet for quite a long time with no luck so far....
  4. People App delete "Skype" contacts

in Windows 10 Customization
    People App delete "Skype" contacts: Please read: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_store/how-to-delete-all-the-contacts-from-people-app/4afe5650-d97d-4163-b58f-7b9a0060fc6d I am trying to delete all contacts on my People's app to keep it clean and most are old contacts...
  5. Is it possible to delete Skype profile without losing my Microsoft account?

Is it possible to delete Skype profile without losing my Microsoft account?: I don’t use Skype anymore and I’m trying to get rid of all my social media profiles. But I’m finding it impossible to delete a Skype account without losing my Microsoft account. Basically I still use Office and I have my Xbox One profile tied to my account. And I really...
  6. Is there anyway to delete your Skype profile without deleting your Microsoft Account?

Is there anyway to delete your Skype profile without deleting your Microsoft Account?: I've been deleting social media accounts and since I don't use Skype anymore (use discord like most people), I have been trying to delete my profile but to no avail. Apparently the only way to delete my Skype account is to fully delete my Microsoft account? I don't want to...
  7. How to COMPLETELY delete skype for business?

How to COMPLETELY delete skype for business?: I accidentally clicked on skype for business for the first time and now it won't go away. I don't have a skype account. Whenever I turn on the computer skype for business comes up. Whenever I right click to exit or close it it still comes back whenever I start my computer....
  8. Trying to delete Skype for Business

in Windows 10 Customization
    Trying to delete Skype for Business: I have microsoft 10 and Skype for Business auto loads. I tried to unistall but program not listed in control panel. How can I delete since I don't use Skype?...
  9. someone has been deleting my messages from my Skype chats with my other contacts for 3...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    someone has been deleting my messages from my Skype chats with my other contacts for 3...: Dear Sir/Madam, I have posted this request before, but the problem has not been resolved yet - sorry for the repetition. For the past 3 months someone has been systematically erasing a particular Russian language message that I am posting (and, then re-posting) in my Skype...
  10. How to Delete Chat History In Skype Version 8

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Delete Chat History In Skype Version 8: I already delete chat by delete conversation... But when i login again.. Some of chat that i already deleted reappear... any Solution?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-chat-history-in-skype-version-8/d1a54404-4966-4280-a3d2-791c638f417d