Windows 10: I can hear audio

Discus and support I can hear audio in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I can hear audio on my PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-hear-audio/412824d6-0b27-49a3-968d-e186b145aea3 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by cathywilliams2, Feb 5, 2019.

1. I can hear audio

I can hear audio on my PC

:)

cathywilliams2, Feb 5, 2019
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Feb 5, 2019
  3. RajithR Win User
    Cortana not hearing voice commands

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on the Microsoft Communities.

1. Are you able to hear other sounds from your computer?

2. Does the microphone work with other apps such as Skype?

3. Have you tried using "Learn my voice" settings?

Kindly, follow these steps and check if that helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check if she talks. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to Settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Method 2:

I suggest you to run the Recording Audio
    troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Recording Audio.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

RajithR, Feb 5, 2019
  4. I can hear audio

Cortana can't hear me

Hi Isidora,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

• Do you see any error code or error message on the screen?
    I suggest you to go through the below methods and check if it helps.

Step 1:

I suggest you enable settings in the Playback Devices and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the speaker icon on your taskbar.
    • Select Playback Devices.
    • Click on the Playback Devices and right click on the
      Speakers/Headphones.
    • Check mark on the Show Disabled Devices and
      Show Disconnected Devices.
    If the issue persists the follow the below step.

Step 2:

I suggest you to refer to the following Microsoft article on Cortana can't hear me and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/Windows-10/cortana-cant-hear-me

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Cortana & search.

Check if it helps.

I hope the issue will be resolved. If not, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Feb 5, 2019
Thema:

I can hear audio

1. I can hear audio - Similar Threads - hear audio

2. My speakers don't play any audio and I only hear audio through AirPods if it comes from a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My speakers don't play any audio and I only hear audio through AirPods if it comes from a...: I have a Dell XPS 2-in-1. This happened just a couple hours ago. Essentially, I can't hear any audio anymore. All drivers are updated and everything. All settings are correct, so audio should play. When looking around in some settings, I saw that the speaker picked up audio...
  3. My speakers don't play any audio and I only hear audio through AirPods if it comes from a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My speakers don't play any audio and I only hear audio through AirPods if it comes from a...: I have a Dell XPS 2-in-1. This happened just a couple hours ago. Essentially, I can't hear any audio anymore. All drivers are updated and everything. All settings are correct, so audio should play. When looking around in some settings, I saw that the speaker picked up audio...
  4. PC constantly freezing but can still hear audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC constantly freezing but can still hear audio: I got a new PC back In January and I've had 0 problems until yesterday when I tried playing dayZ with some friends and my pc froze halfway through our session. I thought it was strange as I never freeze but waited to see if it would resolve and it didn't. I had no use of...
  5. PC constantly freezing but can still hear audio

PC constantly freezing but can still hear audio: I got a new PC back In January and I've had 0 problems until yesterday when I tried playing dayZ with some friends and my pc froze halfway through our session. I thought it was strange as I never freeze but waited to see if it would resolve and it didn't. I had no use of...
  6. screen turns black while in game. can only hear the game audio and have to reset my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    screen turns black while in game. can only hear the game audio and have to reset my pc: Hello, i recently moved and drained my liquid cooled PC prior to moving. I decided to reset my computer in my new home and have since had problems. The screen on my pc while gaming randomly went black, and theres a red dot on the GPU flashing. I have to reset the computer to...
  7. screen turns black while in game. can only hear the game audio and have to reset my pc

screen turns black while in game. can only hear the game audio and have to reset my pc: Hello, i recently moved and drained my liquid cooled PC prior to moving. I decided to reset my computer in my new home and have since had problems. The screen on my pc while gaming randomly went black, and theres a red dot on the GPU flashing. I have to reset the computer to...
  8. Google meet on DELL can't hear audio file from laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Google meet on DELL can't hear audio file from laptop: Hi there! I'm using a DELL Inspiron 15 3520. I have trouble with playing audio file from my laptop when I use google meet, sometimes my students can hear and sometimes can't. The technician said because window version sometimes works and sometimes don't with this feature, so...
  9. Google meet on DELL can't hear audio file from laptop

Google meet on DELL can't hear audio file from laptop: Hi there! I'm using a DELL Inspiron 15 3520. I have trouble with playing audio file from my laptop when I use google meet, sometimes my students can hear and sometimes can't. The technician said because window version sometimes works and sometimes don't with this feature, so...
  10. I can't hear audio while on call Zoom, Discord, Whatsapp - Nitro 5

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't hear audio while on call Zoom, Discord, Whatsapp - Nitro 5: Hello everyone, I'm a bit frustrated. I acquired the Acer Nitro 5 and I'm using it for the first time today. However, today I discovered that when using Zoom or any other communication program like Skype, Discord, WhatsApp, I can't hear music from other sources browsers,...