Windows 10: I can hear myself constantly when using a microphone

Discus and support I can hear myself constantly when using a microphone in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Even when I don’t have any applications open I can still hear myself, can someone please help submitted by /u/blizzila [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/blizzila, Dec 2, 2019.

1. I can hear myself constantly when using a microphone

Even when I don’t have any applications open I can still hear myself, can someone please help

submitted by /u/blizzila
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/blizzila, Dec 2, 2019
  2. ElpenorG Win User

Camera and microphone

I tried to use the camera to make a video - on Lenovo Ideapad 330S OS 10 - but the "microphone muted" message prevented the video to record.

I did the settings/privacy/microphone suggestion to no avail. I tried to get Cortana to turn on the mic but she cannot hear me. I did the steps to turn her on but she still can't hear me. Suggestions? thanks

ElpenorG, Dec 2, 2019
  3. Allan Mej Win User
    Having to unplug microphone to hear playback.

Hi Mark,

There are several audio inputs on your PC depending on your motherboard. It is possible that you are plugging your
    microphone in the jack which supports audio in and audio out (same as phone jacks) and is set as your playback device. When this happens, you will not hear the audio out because the audio signal is sent into the microphone. Simply unplug your
    microphone and move it to the microphone jack and you will be able to hear the playback sound.

I can hear myself constantly when using a microphone 44720e62-c33b-4f4d-b705-c801612e7c5e.png

If you are sure that your microphone is connected to the microphone jack, it is possible that your playback device is being disabled by your microphone. To enable/change your playback device, kindly follow these steps:

• Right-click the Volume icon on the lower-left corner of your screen.
    • Click Playback devices, right-click your speaker (or any preferred playback device), and click Enable.

Note: If you cannot see your preferred playback device, right-click on your current playback device and click
      Show Disabled Devices.

Let us know how things go.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Dec 2, 2019
  4. I can hear myself constantly when using a microphone

Friends can't hear me with microphone on windows 10

Hi Mr Jagger,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Did you check listening with other headphones?

The issue cab be resolved by making Microphone as the default device and updating the sound card drivers.

Make sure that the microphone that you are using is not disabled and is set as default in the computer. Follow these steps to check this:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, right click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Select “Microphone” and click on “Properties” and make sure that the microphone is enabled.

• You may also check if the microphone that you are using is set as default.
    Also suggest you to run “Playing audio” troubleshooter to diagnose and fix the issue.

• Type “Troubleshooter” in the Search box and hit enter.

• Select “Hardware and Sound” from the Troubleshooter Window.

• Select “Playing Audio” under Sound option.

• Follow the On Screen instructions.
    Hope it helps.

SujataMoktan, Dec 2, 2019
Thema:

I can hear myself constantly when using a microphone

1. I can hear myself constantly when using a microphone - Similar Threads - hear myself constantly

2. I can hear with my headphones, but it won't recognize my microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I can hear with my headphones, but it won't recognize my microphone: First off, I've tried to disable/enable my headphone in my desk manager (link is a screenshot) https://gyazo.com/006a257f579445afffa4f255970009d4 Then I noticed that the computer recognizes my headphone as a speaker (?) but when I try to switch it up, I can't hear sounds...
  3. in my bluetooth headphones when i use microphone i cannot hear anything but when i turn it...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    in my bluetooth headphones when i use microphone i cannot hear anything but when i turn it...: I use airdots from redmi with my laptop acer nitro 5 when i use the microphone i can't hear anything like it turn it off . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-my-bluetooth-headphones-when-i-use-microphone-i/5e9336a8-26bd-434c-a834-d499cf2e54cc
  4. Microphone Not working, yet I can hear out of them.

Microphone Not working, yet I can hear out of them.: So, I've had this issue for awhile, and just recently wanted to eliminate the problem. I have a microphone, one that works perfectly fine on my phone or any other computer, and it doesn't work on mine. I don't know why it happens, but I have tried everything: Uninstalling the...
  5. I can hear audio

I can hear audio: I can hear audio on my PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-hear-audio/412824d6-0b27-49a3-968d-e186b145aea3
  6. I can hear myself on my headset and my computer. It's like an echo

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can hear myself on my headset and my computer. It's like an echo: I was trying to fix my mic. I was able to, but I have another problem. I went to Settings Sound. I went to device properties and I click listen the device on the listen tab. Now I hear myself and I can't remove it. I unchecked it and it still continues to be a problem. I...
  7. I can hear myself with a 1 second delay in my headset.

I can hear myself with a 1 second delay in my headset.: I'm having the most annoying problem. I can hear myself through my headset. To specify the "Listen to this device" box is not selected. I have gone through all of my sound settings, the person I was voice chatting with was also using a headset so it was not his mic picking...
  8. Only Windows can hear my microphone

Only Windows can hear my microphone: I started having an issue about two weeks ago where Windows registers and displays microphones correctly, but then seems to "eat" the input from them so that no other programs pick anything up. If I plug a microphone in and go to sound settings, I can see the input meter rise...
  9. Cortana wont hear me when I click the microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana wont hear me when I click the microphone: So when I click the microphone in (Ask me anything) bar it says Sorry about that, I did not hear anything, Tap here to make sure cortana hears you. But when I click on TAP HERE it takes too long to load. Please help! 70398
  10. Constant BSOD when not listening to microphone

Constant BSOD when not listening to microphone: Hello ten forums I've been having this issue for over 2 years now. So I originally had a a-10 7870k and a msi a68-hm e-33 motherboard with ballistic ram and a r7-370x graphics card. I had windows 10 installed on that machine and was experiencing the same BSOD I am now. I...