Windows 10: I can install software but not play a dvd.

Discus and support I can install software but not play a dvd. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi! This has been an issue for quite a while. While I can install software from cd/dvd's in my TSSTcorp DVD+-RW SH-216BB ATA Device I can not get it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KeptRaccoon1301, Jul 18, 2020.

1. I can install software but not play a dvd.

Hi!

This has been an issue for quite a while. While I can install software from cd/dvd's in my TSSTcorp DVD+-RW SH-216BB ATA Device I can not get it to play any movies. This is a DVD Drive specifically labeled to play CD's, DVD-RW and DVD and yet none play. The drive is recognized in Explorer. But when I attempt to play the drive bay pops open and a message pops up asking me to insert a disc.

I have un-installed and re-installed drivers for this drive. I generally use the VLC player for playing video.

Windows Build 1909

I've checked the registry values and they are correct. I don't know what else to do.

Help???

:)

KeptRaccoon1301, Jul 18, 2020

2. Can no longer play dvds.

Did you follow all of the steps in the list I gave you?

What type of DVD are you trying to play? Will it play correctly in another PC? Will another DVD play in this PC?

What DVD player are you using to play the DVD? You must have a DVD player to play DVD's in Windows 10. Try one of these:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2953724/windows/...

Report back results.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-20, Jul 18, 2020
  3. dzeee Win User
    What DVD playing software

Simple question:
    What DVD PLAYER software shuud i use? got a dvd writer & i wanna watch dvds on my TFT as its bigger then my tv.
    I know theres shit loads but i tried two already & there both pretty awful suggestions pls!?

dzeee, Jul 18, 2020
  4. Argel Obm Win User

I can install software but not play a dvd.

I JUST WANT TO PLAY A DVD

Hi Mike,

We understand that you want to play your DVD on your computer. We need to gather more information for us to better assist you on your concern about, playing your DVD. Kindly answer the following:

• When exactly did you notice that you cannot properly play a DVD on your computer?
    • What is the OS Build of your Windows 10? To determine the build of your Windows 10, follow these steps:
      • Click the Windows logo (Start button).
      • Click the gear icon (Settings).
      • Select System.
      • On the left pane, choose About.
    • Can you play other DVDs?
    • Do you experience the same issue when you use other video player applications to play your DVD?
    • You mentioned that when playing a DVD, there is no sound. Can you still hear sounds when you play music or a video from the Internet?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Argel Obm, Jul 18, 2020
Thema:

I can install software but not play a dvd.

1. I can install software but not play a dvd. - Similar Threads - install software play

2. which software is best to play DVD on external drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    which software is best to play DVD on external drive?: Using a Lenovo i5 laptop, which is a little over one year old, running windows 11 Home. The external DVD drive is from Lenovo but it seems to want me to buy software in order to play the disc. Lenovo wants $69 to make it play, good for 30 days only. Which software would you...
  3. which software is best to play DVD on external drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    which software is best to play DVD on external drive?: Using a Lenovo i5 laptop, which is a little over one year old, running windows 11 Home. The external DVD drive is from Lenovo but it seems to want me to buy software in order to play the disc. Lenovo wants $69 to make it play, good for 30 days only. Which software would you...
  4. How can I stop auto play of DVD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I stop auto play of DVD?: Hi,When I insert a disc, PowerDVD will start autoplay.In AutoPlay setting, there is a global switch. If I turn that off, it will stop autoplay for everything. But I'd want Windows 11 to automatically open the folder when a memory card is inserted. There is no specific setting...
  5. How can I stop auto play of DVD?

How can I stop auto play of DVD?: Hi,When I insert a disc, PowerDVD will start autoplay.In AutoPlay setting, there is a global switch. If I turn that off, it will stop autoplay for everything. But I'd want Windows 11 to automatically open the folder when a memory card is inserted. There is no specific setting...
  6. How can I backup all software installed on laptop to DVD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I backup all software installed on laptop to DVD: Hi, How can I backup all software installed on laptop to DVD so I can reinstall a fresh copy of Windows 10 and then install all software. Thank you for all help. 137478
  7. can not play dvd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    can not play dvd: what do i need to try update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-play-dvd/14da4a8c-3be5-4f23-81d7-6c241d433486
  8. How can I install DVD burner software?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I install DVD burner software?: I’ve purchased Windows 10 and installed it on my Lenovo laptop. But I don’t have DVD burner software installed. How can I install this software? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-install-dvd-burner-software/b6b5b863-28c7-41ed-8028-59a7de37c5ec
  9. No DVD burner software installed on the computer

No DVD burner software installed on the computer: I have taken videos of family on my go pro, and have purchased windows 10 and office 365 (which you now have to pay for annually) on a new Lenovo laptop and I have no DVD burner soft wear. Are we getting ripped off or what? ***Modified title from: DVD burner***...
  10. Installing from cd/dvd software

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Installing from cd/dvd software: I have a Surface Go and would like to install software from CD/DVD format. How can I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-from-cddvd-software/518308be-9cd0-48ce-b02c-755c31c1a14f"