Windows 10: I can install Windows 10 on 2 comps with one license?

Discus and support I can install Windows 10 on 2 comps with one license? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just bought one license, burned it to a disk and installed it on a new Firecuda drive. Just for the heck of it, today I wiped the drive on my other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by CannonRebel, Nov 30, 2017.

1. I can install Windows 10 on 2 comps with one license?

I just bought one license, burned it to a disk and installed it on a new Firecuda drive. Just for the heck of it, today I wiped the drive on my other smaller desktop and installed it without entering a license. They both work fine, but I thought it was only good for one computer, or am I getting some other version of windows 10 on one of the comps?

The other thing I noticed is, the drive I used to download and burn the disk on somehow included the desktop screen picture I had on it to the disk. After I installed the Win 10 on the new drive it had the same desktop picture. Did it transfer parts of my old system onto the disk, or is it a pure copy of 10?

:)

CannonRebel, Nov 30, 2017

2. Windows 7 computer sharing a printer, installing that printer on a Windows 10

I have a Canon ImageClass D420 printer that is currently connected through USB (only option, not capable of a network connection) to a Windows 7 computer (which we will call Comp-1). I have sharing options turned on and have successfully connected another
    Windows 7 computer (Comp-2) to this printer. I also have a Windows 10 computer (Comp-3) connected to the printer.

All three of these computers have two accounts: an administrator account and a standard user account.

Comp-1 and Comp-2 have no problems printing from either the admin account or the user account.

On Comp-3, when I installed the printer, I installed it through the administrator account, just like I did with the other two, but it does not appear on the standard user account and I cannot get it installed on the standard account.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Neil Grosso, Nov 30, 2017
  3. louiscox1 Win User
    new comp same old crap

No im not using ie its sad but chrome works better on a comp that is a week old and ie comes preloaded no it has nothing to do with the updates i scan it says it is up to date ...i had a comp that was running 7 and updated ut to 10 after about 2 weeks
    of hell i reverted back to 7 well the Hp windows comp finally burnt up so i had no choice but to get a new one like i said nee comp sam old crap ..i have a note 8 phone that works on all aspects of the net better than a brand new comp with 8 giggs if ram and
    2 t harddrive with a t5 wish i knew

louiscox1, Nov 30, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

I can install Windows 10 on 2 comps with one license?

You cannot. You need to either have a prior edition OS license after you get it installed or a volume license. No longer can you use the old Volume licenses that were available before Anniversary Edition came out.

bro67, Nov 30, 2017
Thema:

I can install Windows 10 on 2 comps with one license?

1. I can install Windows 10 on 2 comps with one license? - Similar Threads - install comps license

2. Can I buy one upgrade and install it on 2 computers?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I buy one upgrade and install it on 2 computers?: I want to use my laptop to connect applications and files in my computer. Both using windows 10. I believe that I need to use remote desktop to do so, but for these I need to have it upgraded to windows 10 pro. My question is that if the product key for upgrade work for both...
  3. Can I buy one upgrade and install it on 2 computers?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I buy one upgrade and install it on 2 computers?: I want to use my laptop to connect applications and files in my computer. Both using windows 10. I believe that I need to use remote desktop to do so, but for these I need to have it upgraded to windows 10 pro. My question is that if the product key for upgrade work for both...
  4. Can I buy one upgrade and install it on 2 computers?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can I install 2 license of Window, on separate SSD, in a single computer?

Can I install 2 license of Window, on separate SSD, in a single computer?: Can I install 2 license of Window, on separate SSD, in a single computer?The computer will only use one SSD at a time. Will the UEFI settings, supposed it is stored in the computer and not in the SSD, messed up?...
  6. Can I install 2 license of Window, on separate SSD, in a single computer?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I install 2 license of Window, on separate SSD, in a single computer?: Can I install 2 license of Window, on separate SSD, in a single computer?The computer will only use one SSD at a time. Will the UEFI settings, supposed it is stored in the computer and not in the SSD, messed up?...
  7. One microsoft account but 2 licenses

One microsoft account but 2 licenses: Last week I purchased a new laptop which came with Windows 10 pre installed and I used my Microsoft account for the set up. This week I purchased a Windows 10 Home license from a Microsoft Silver Partner, to use in a clean install on my old windows 7 laptop. I installed it...
  8. 2 Windows 10 installs, One drive, 2 Bitlocker passwords?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2 Windows 10 installs, One drive, 2 Bitlocker passwords?: I have a dual boot system and I want to have each install encrypted separately, and require different passwords. Can Bitlocker do this? I tried with Veracrypt, but could only do one submitted by /u/Ditchmag [link] [comments]...
  9. Can i have 2 windows license on 1 Laptop

Can i have 2 windows license on 1 Laptop: I have windows 10 license which is available on my laptop linked to my email id I believe , But Situation is I need to Format this System Install Windows 10 License provided by organisation for few weeks and then after completion of the time period i need to reinstall my...
  10. 2 Win10 comps running same progm, UAC popup on one but not other?!

2 Win10 comps running same progm, UAC popup on one but not other?!: I have 2 desktops with 64-bit Windows 10 Home installed. On both computers, the UAC settings are the same -- the highest setting (always notify when apps try to install stuff or when I make changes). On both computers, I install the same program (FujiXerox Docuworks 8.05)...