Windows 10: I can listen to a microphone in sound settings but it doesn't work with other programs

Discus and support I can listen to a microphone in sound settings but it doesn't work with other programs in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; As said in the title, if I go to sound settings, I can listen to the microphone perfectly fine, but it doesn't work in any other programs. It was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA2, Oct 30, 2020.

1. I can listen to a microphone in sound settings but it doesn't work with other programs

As said in the title, if I go to sound settings, I can listen to the microphone perfectly fine, but it doesn't work in any other programs. It was working fine, until I adjusted my microphone volume as it was too quiet and it just stopped working in other programs past that point. I can see the microphone and listen to it, but other programs don't recognize it.

I saw another post where someone had the same problem, and they said to reinstall the drivers. I tried that, and I'm still having the same problem. Is this a known bug with Windows? If so, how do I fix it, or if there's a workaround, what is it?

:)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA2, Oct 30, 2020
  2. Bushka Win User

Microphone doesn`t work

My microphone and ear-phone doesn`t work. Please help me, I have windows 7 home basic, my computer reproduces a sound, but devices no.

Bushka, Oct 30, 2020
  3. Mazkaa Win User
    My headphones microphone doesn´t work

I recently updated my Asus laptop to windows 10 and noticed that my microphone doesn´t work anymore. Before it was working well and after the update it started using my laptops own mic and in settings i cant change input to anything

Mazkaa, Oct 30, 2020
  4. BetoLP Win User

I can listen to a microphone in sound settings but it doesn't work with other programs

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

I can listen to a microphone in sound settings but it doesn't work with other programs [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Oct 30, 2020
Thema:

I can listen to a microphone in sound settings but it doesn't work with other programs

1. I can listen to a microphone in sound settings but it doesn't work with other programs - Similar Threads - listen microphone sound

2. Microphone not working in Discord, Zoom or other program.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone not working in Discord, Zoom or other program.: I want to share my problem solving this week when my internal microphone did not work when trying to communicate with people online. The microphone seemed to detect minimal sound when looking at the "input level bar" in program settings Discord & Zoom as if some kind of...
  3. Microphone not working in Discord, Zoom or other program.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone not working in Discord, Zoom or other program.: I want to share my problem solving this week when my internal microphone did not work when trying to communicate with people online. The microphone seemed to detect minimal sound when looking at the "input level bar" in program settings Discord & Zoom as if some kind of...
  4. Microphone not working in Discord, Zoom or other program.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Microphone not working on programs! No, it’s not a privacy setting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone not working on programs! No, it’s not a privacy setting: Hello! I have a notebook and the microphone suddenly stopped working, not only the built-in microphone but when I connect a headphone doesn’t work as well, in the settings it does show as connected but no sound goes through, I’ve tried updating the drivers, disable and enable...
  6. The microphone is not working. But I can hear the sound.

The microphone is not working. But I can hear the sound.: So after I recently rebooted my computer, my microphone is now not working. The microphone works on the other 2 computers and on my phone. I have searched the internet and made all the ideas to try to solve this problem to no avail. Please help.Thanks in advance....
  7. Microphone and headphones aren't showing but sound works and microphone doesn't work.

Microphone and headphones aren't showing but sound works and microphone doesn't work.: Hello, can someone help me? I have STREETZ HL-W201 headphones and when i plug in them only the sound works, microphone doesn't work, tried checking the Playback list: [ATTACH] And the recording list: [ATTACH] Microphone is the build in the pc, and its ****, so i literally...
  8. Microphone and headphones aren't showing but sound works and microphone doesn't work.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microphone and headphones aren't showing but sound works and microphone doesn't work.: Hello, can someone help me? I have STREETZ HL-W201 headphones and when i plug in them only the sound works, microphone doesn't work, tried checking the Playback list: [ATTACH] And the recording list: [ATTACH] Microphone is the build in the pc, and its ****, so i literally...
  9. Microphone not working, only works on listen in properties and windows settings.

Microphone not working, only works on listen in properties and windows settings.: Hi, I have just bought a new XLR condenser microphone and phantom power supply, and recently hooked everything up. I plugged the XLR cord into the microphone, and the other end into the power supply. I plugged the power plug for the supply in, and connected it to my computer...
  10. Microphone works when I listen to it, but it doesn't work anywhere else

Microphone works when I listen to it, but it doesn't work anywhere else: My question is a bit of an odd one, mostly because I never would've imagined this is even possible, but moving on: I have a microphone, Razer Seiren X, which has worked fine until now isn't such a good mic, but it works. Yesterday it was just fine but today it doesn't work...