Windows 10: I can listen to a microphone in sound settings but it doesn't work with other programs

Discus and support I can listen to a microphone in sound settings but it doesn't work with other programs in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; As said in the title, if I go to sound settings, I can listen to the microphone perfectly fine, but it doesn't work in any other programs. It was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA2, Oct 30, 2020.

1. I can listen to a microphone in sound settings but it doesn't work with other programs

As said in the title, if I go to sound settings, I can listen to the microphone perfectly fine, but it doesn't work in any other programs. It was working fine, until I adjusted my microphone volume as it was too quiet and it just stopped working in other programs past that point. I can see the microphone and listen to it, but other programs don't recognize it.

I saw another post where someone had the same problem, and they said to reinstall the drivers. I tried that, and I'm still having the same problem. Is this a known bug with Windows? If so, how do I fix it, or if there's a workaround, what is it?

:)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA2, Oct 30, 2020
  2. Bushka Win User

Microphone doesn`t work

My microphone and ear-phone doesn`t work. Please help me, I have windows 7 home basic, my computer reproduces a sound, but devices no.

Bushka, Oct 30, 2020
  3. Mazkaa Win User
    My headphones microphone doesn´t work

I recently updated my Asus laptop to windows 10 and noticed that my microphone doesn´t work anymore. Before it was working well and after the update it started using my laptops own mic and in settings i cant change input to anything

Mazkaa, Oct 30, 2020
  4. BetoLP Win User

I can listen to a microphone in sound settings but it doesn't work with other programs

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

I can listen to a microphone in sound settings but it doesn't work with other programs [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Oct 30, 2020
Thema:

I can listen to a microphone in sound settings but it doesn't work with other programs

1. I can listen to a microphone in sound settings but it doesn't work with other programs - Similar Threads - listen microphone sound

2. Microphone doesn't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone doesn't work: I am on a Windows 10 Pro desktop and just purchased a new Jounivo microphone. It's supposed to be plug and play but when I try to test the microphone under the Windows audio settings, even though it shows the Jounivo mic, the little microphone icon where you can click to test...
  3. microphone doesn't work, can not even test it

microphone doesn't work, can not even test it: Microphone is present, says it is OK but can not even test it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-doesnt-work-can-not-even-test-it/d4648a40-30b3-46ce-b661-cef6c1741fe7
  4. Sound doesn't work for YouTube and other videos

Sound doesn't work for YouTube and other videos: Since the update a few months ago, my sound does not work for YouTube and some other videos. It works for anything on my computer. Settings all show not muted. Sound meter shows volume is turned up. Sound drivers have been updated. Troubleshooter not detecting problem....
  5. Microphone works when I listen to it, but it doesn't work anywhere else

Microphone works when I listen to it, but it doesn't work anywhere else: My question is a bit of an odd one, mostly because I never would've imagined this is even possible, but moving on: I have a microphone, Razer Seiren X, which has worked fine until now isn't such a good mic, but it works. Yesterday it was just fine but today it doesn't work...
  6. Microphone doesn't work

Microphone doesn't work: Hi, i'm having some trouble with my microphone on my personal home computer: it is recognised by the pc, but it doesn't workl. I've seen that on Setting>Privacy>Microphone all the options are locked and there is above a text that say "some informations are hidden or managed...
  7. Microphone doesn't input a sound

Microphone doesn't input a sound: I have a problem with my microphone, when I try to test recording mic doesn't input a sound but when I try this at my mobile device it's running well, can someone give me solution? I have try a lot troubleshooting test and try solve with solution in internet but no one work...
  8. Microphone doesn't work

Microphone doesn't work: I'm on a Windows 10 laptop, Lenovo made, and up until now my microphone worked fine. Now, I can't use it on anything, nothing on the internet helps, and the built-in audio troubleshooter just says there's a problem with the "Generic Audio Driver." I've uninstalled and...
  9. Headset audio/sound works but microphone doesn't.

Headset audio/sound works but microphone doesn't.: Hi, I've been experiencing this problem for a week now, and it is very frustrating. When I go to the Windows 'Sounds' tab, then "Playback". It says that my headset (Logitech G231) is plugged in and working. Then when I go to the 'Recording' tab, it says: "Not plugged in"....
  10. USB Microphone Works in Windows Sound But Not in Other Applications

USB Microphone Works in Windows Sound But Not in Other Applications: My USB mic works in windows sound (I can click listen to device and hear) but not in other applications such as Teamspeak 3, Discord and Skype. I have tried reinstalling my audio drivers and repair installing windows. I have the latest Realtek audio drivers, latest windows...