Windows 10: I can log onto my profile but it takes me to a temp desktop.

Discus and support I can log onto my profile but it takes me to a temp desktop. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I log onto my profile it lets me put in my pin #, but when it comes up it is a desktop with 5 icons, it looks like I am logging into a temp user.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Michael F.Popolillo, Jan 27, 2020.

1. I can log onto my profile but it takes me to a temp desktop.

When I log onto my profile it lets me put in my pin #, but when it comes up it is a desktop with 5 icons, it looks like I am logging into a temp user.

I go into users and see all my folders but I can't get them to show up on my desktop. Help.

:)

Michael F.Popolillo, Jan 27, 2020

2. Windows temp profile

Hi..

I am facing the problem of temp profile login. I followed few steps stated in the websites like removing .bak from your SID. but it doesn't work. Still my profile is logging in to temp profile.

Please do suggest some solution

Thanks

SivaSankaran1, Jan 27, 2020
  3. Mike07073 Win User
    Logs into temp profile

I upgraded from windows 8 to windows 10 yesterday and when I logged in it said preparing windows, then said I was logged into a temp profile.

in the event log I have the following

event 1502

Windows cannot load the locally stored profile. Possible causes of this error include insufficient security rights or a corrupt local profile.

DETAIL - The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

(the online help goes to a page that is not available )

I also have an error 1508

Windows was unable to load the registry. This problem is often caused by insufficient memory or insufficient security rights.

DETAIL - The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

for C:\Users\mike\ntuser.dat

I can not use sfc because I do not have admin rights in temp profile

Logging out and logging back in gives same results...preparing windows then temp profile

Mike07073, Jan 27, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

I can log onto my profile but it takes me to a temp desktop.

Missing folder after the PC logged in to Temp profile

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that the when you sign in to the computer, you are signed in to a temp profile. As you have mentioned that you are back to the regular profile however, unable to access a folder, please reply with the following details:

• What is the complete error message that you receive when you try to access the folder?
    • Which folder did you move and to which profile?

You can try searching for the folder or files inside the folder and see if that helps. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Open File Explorer and press
      ctrl + F
      key together.
    2. Search for the folder with the name or the files inside the folder.
    3. You can also search for the file using the file extension adding the
      * sign as a prefix, like *.exe or *.jpeg
    You can also navigate to C:\Users and if you see a folder name starting with Temp, you can look for the file or folder inside the Temp folder.

If you find the folder or the file, you can copy the data.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 27, 2020
Thema:

I can log onto my profile but it takes me to a temp desktop.

1. I can log onto my profile but it takes me to a temp desktop. - Similar Threads - log onto profile

2. I can not log into my user account profile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can not log into my user account profile: I have to accounts profiles on my laptop, the first one wich is mine is an administrator account, and the second one is standard, two days ago I open my laptop and I coudn't find my account to click on and log in, as if it desappeared, the only account appearing is the other...
  3. My profile has gone from my PC and now it logged me on as a temp profile

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    My profile has gone from my PC and now it logged me on as a temp profile: Hi When logging onto my laptop it logged me into a temp profile, the email address associated to the window pro is no long active and I cant change anything on window 10 pro as it looking for the password for the old email...
  4. Cannot log onto desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot log onto desktop: Logging onto computer. Computer has restarted itself and I now have to log in using a password instead of pin. I haven’t used a password before. I have tried using Microsoft password but it won’t work. Don’t know what to do....
  5. temp profile

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    temp profile: when i sign on it takes me to a temp profile, how do i fix this , i tried rebooting , signing out , reg fix etc can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/temp-profile/abf8b124-e1ec-4254-9750-cf30bfd75020
  6. I can't log onto my Windows 10 Desktop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I can't log onto my Windows 10 Desktop: I shut down my Windows 10 desktop to replace a video cable. When I booted up and got to the log in screen I entered my 4 digit PIN. It would not accept it and I was told the password was wrong. I used the password reset and updated a new password. Everything seemed to work...
  7. temp profile

temp profile: for the last couple of weeks every time I restart my pc and log in I get a different profile and it is temp. I can log longer use my original profile. I am using windows 10 and can't fine a user profile update or add etc. how can i fix this?...
  8. I can not log into my desktop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I can not log into my desktop: I can log into my live account on the internet, but anytime i try to log into my desktop with the same account attached to it i get an error message that says “We can’t sign into your account.” Afterward it directs me to a guest user that has no access to my files. I tried...
  9. Can not log onto my PC facial recognition failed and then will not take my password

Can not log onto my PC facial recognition failed and then will not take my password: I have a Windows 10 HP I just purchased. I had not used it for awhile and tried to start my PC. The facial recognition failed which I orginally thought was a cool thing and kept failing until it prompted me to use the password which also failed.... so I am unable to use my PC...
  10. UNABLE access my profile when logging onto my computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    UNABLE access my profile when logging onto my computer: i quite often leave my computer to sleep. At some point my computer shut down. since then when i open my computer and it asks for my password for my profile account it logs on to a temporary one. If i type the wrong password it tells me so i know my password is correct. I...