Windows 10: I can login to OneDrive and Microsoft Apps, but I can't login on Microsoft account for Windows

Discus and support I can login to OneDrive and Microsoft Apps, but I can't login on Microsoft account for Windows in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've tried resetting my password. I even got the authenticator set up. I can login with my new password and the authenticator app. But now my Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MiamiHeat87, Sep 8, 2022.

1. I can login to OneDrive and Microsoft Apps, but I can't login on Microsoft account for Windows

I've tried resetting my password. I even got the authenticator set up. I can login with my new password and the authenticator app. But now my Windows account is stuck on local, and I can login it once with my password or authenticator app, but then it will ask for the password a second time with this popup: And it rejects the password and I can't use the authenticator app. How the hell can I login to everything else but not my Windows account? This doesn't make any sense!

:)

MiamiHeat87, Sep 8, 2022

2. Windows 8 with 2 Microsoft accounts?

Yea, I would create a local account and just use your school account to login to Outlook and Onedrive.

Edit:

Here switch between local and microsoft account.

Mindweaver, Sep 8, 2022
  3. MICROSOFT ACCOUNT LOGIN

Hi Arbaaz,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things:

• Are you able to login with Microsoft account in web?
    • What happens exactly when you try to login using Microsoft account?
    I suggest you to login to Microsoft account through online login.live.com, if you are able to login to Microsoft account on web then you can reset the password and then try to login and check if the issue persists.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Sep 8, 2022
  4. silkstone Win User

I can login to OneDrive and Microsoft Apps, but I can't login on Microsoft account for Windows

Windows 8 with 2 Microsoft accounts?

I was thinking of doing that, but it will be a PITA setting everything up on the 2nd account again. I might go that way and just spend the time getting the account in order.

The problem is, I would need to switch at the start of every day. Extra reset and waiting for the settings to be applied etc. Also, I'm not sure whether one drive would be maintained after switching back to a local account. I wouldn't want to have to re-sync every time I logged in. I may have to do some testing to see if onedrive is maintained after switching back to a local account.

silkstone, Sep 8, 2022
Thema:

I can login to OneDrive and Microsoft Apps, but I can't login on Microsoft account for Windows

1. I can login to OneDrive and Microsoft Apps, but I can't login on Microsoft account for Windows - Similar Threads - login OneDrive Microsoft

2. I can't login to my Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't login to my Microsoft account.: I filled out the username and password correctly, and they are all correct, but then the homepage where my profile should be visible doesn't load keep buffering, and it's the same on my mobile and over different networks too....
  3. I can't login to my Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't login to my Microsoft account.: I filled out the username and password correctly, and they are all correct, but then the homepage where my profile should be visible doesn't load keep buffering, and it's the same on my mobile and over different networks too....
  4. can't login to microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't login to microsoft account: hi, I want to login to my microsoft account I was on local account now, and when I try to do this it gives me this error, I can create another account, but I need to install minecraft again.error:Oops, something went wrongWhatever happened, it was probably our fault. Please...
  5. can't login to microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't login to microsoft account: hi, I want to login to my microsoft account I was on local account now, and when I try to do this it gives me this error, I can create another account, but I need to install minecraft again.error:Oops, something went wrongWhatever happened, it was probably our fault. Please...
  6. I can login to OneDrive and Microsoft Apps, but I can't login on Microsoft account for Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can login to OneDrive and Microsoft Apps, but I can't login on Microsoft account for Windows: I've tried resetting my password. I even got the authenticator set up. I can login with my new password and the authenticator app. But now my Windows account is stuck on local, and I can login it once with my password or authenticator app, but then it will ask for the...
  7. I can't login to a Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't login to a Microsoft account: Microsoft Teams app works, but the calendar is empty and I can't see any ongoing meetings nor join them. On browsers (Edge Chromium, Chromium, Firefox) it's stuck on "Checking your credentials..." for a few seconds and then shows a "We couldn't sign you in. Please try again."...
  8. I can't login to microsoft account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't login to microsoft account: Today I upgraded my Pc to windows 10 pro. It was working fine until i turned it off and restarted it after some time I am like literally stucked in the login screen and i cant log in as it shows me i dont have access to internet connection even though i have connected to...
  9. I can't login to my microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't login to my microsoft account.: https://reddit.com/link/hrx168/video/4hs0my8be3b51/player When I try to sync Microsoft Edge it shows me an error 0x801901f4. When I try to sync from Windows settings the window just disappears. I reinstalled Windows 3 times, downloading the iso 3 times from the media...
  10. Can't login with microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't login with microsoft account: Hello, I tried to do some cleanups both on my desktop and my laptop, but on my desktop, something went wrong. All metro apps were deleted and some shortcuts of normal apps as well. After some searching on the internet, I found out how to add the packages in C:\Program...