Windows 10: I can make autologon work only with a local account

Discus and support I can make autologon work only with a local account in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; How to get Autologon to work - in Windows 10 Ver. 1903, with a Microsoft Account? I can make autologon work with a local account. but not with a MS... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by t4ord, Nov 11, 2019.

1. t4ord Win User

I can make autologon work only with a local account

How to get Autologon to work - in Windows 10 Ver. 1903, with a Microsoft Account?

I can make autologon work with a local account. but not with a MS account; is it even possible? If so, how?

:)

t4ord, Nov 11, 2019
  2. t4ord Win User

Autologon on a Microsoft Account?

Windows 10 Pro x-64, Autologon seems to have quit working around version 1809. It worked, along with sync with other devices, but since upgrading to 1809, I can only get it to work on a local user account. I tried the netplwiz fix, and the Registry fixes;
    I twice deleted my user account, created new local accounts, then changed them to Microsoft accounts, only to have Autologon work with the local accounts and quit working when they were changed to Microsoft accounts. I also have upgraded to version 1903,
    but still no Autologon with a Microsoft user account. Is this possible to fix, or has Microsoft eliminated this feature? I am not using Cortana.

t4ord, Nov 12, 2019
  3. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Nov 12, 2019
  4. oemSoft Win User

How do autologon work?

Referring to following link, I would like to know on whether this tools help to login 2 different user accounts after restart or not.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Autologon - Windows Sysinternals

oemSoft, Nov 12, 2019
Thema:

1. I can make autologon work only with a local account - Similar Threads - autologon local account

2. Remote Desktop: Only local account works?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop: Only local account works?: Hello Microsoft Community,I recently tried to use remote desktop to access my home computer from my work laptop. My work computer is in a build of Windows 10 while my home laptop is running Windows 11. However, I was unable to connect because it kept telling me that my...
  3. Remote Desktop: Only local account works?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop: Only local account works?: Hello Microsoft Community,I recently tried to use remote desktop to access my home computer from my work laptop. My work computer is in a build of Windows 10 while my home laptop is running Windows 11. However, I was unable to connect because it kept telling me that my...
  4. How can I remove local account and only sign in via Microsoft account?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How can I remove local account and only sign in via Microsoft account?: For some reason, I am unable to change administrator name via Windows Key + R. It won't allow me. Before the factory reset I was using only Outlook to sign in and not a local account. I'd like to know how to either change my admin name or at least remove the local account and...
  5. Can I make it so that only administrator accounts can access Safe Mode?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I make it so that only administrator accounts can access Safe Mode?: There are two accounts on my computer—A and B, let’s say. I’m trying to make it so that only a can access Safe Mode. I was under the impression that you needed a password to get into it, so I removed the password requirements for account B, but B can still access Safe Mode....
  6. I can only add local users

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I can only add local users: Looks like I'm logged into my Microsoft account but I can't see my family to add their accounts and looks like I can only add local users. Even my account looks different, not the same as on my other computers. Like it's local too but does show my profile picture and my...
  7. Autologon

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Autologon: How to make autologon work in Windows 10 (I have version 1903) with a Microsoft account? Is it even possible? I can make it work with a local account, but not with an MS account....
  8. Autologon on a Microsoft Account?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Autologon on a Microsoft Account?: Windows 10 Pro x-64, Autologon seems to have quit working around version 1809. It worked, along with sync with other devices, but since upgrading to 1809, I can only get it to work on a local user account. I tried the netplwiz fix, and the Registry fixes; I twice deleted my...
  9. Game works only on Local account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Game works only on Local account: I recently found out that the game fallout76 only worked when i made a local account in my pc I mainly use my Microsoft account can anyone help try to fix this and make it launch on the microsoft account Thank you!...
  10. AutoLogon not working in domain environment

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    AutoLogon not working in domain environment: I have a strange problem with AutoLogon in our domain environment: we have several machines that are configured for autologon, where the registry entries DefaultUsername, DefaultPassword, DefaultDomainName are all verified as having the correct data, and AutoAdminLogon is...