Windows 10: i can move the mouse around without problem, i just cant click on anything

Discus and support i can move the mouse around without problem, i just cant click on anything in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The problem is:Windows does not recognize mouse1 clicks, after i finish games such as; Overwatch, Valorant, Eve Online.i can move the mouse around... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Krille3, Apr 5, 2022.

1. Krille3 Win User

i can move the mouse around without problem, i just cant click on anything

The problem is:Windows does not recognize mouse1 clicks, after i finish games such as; Overwatch, Valorant, Eve Online.i can move the mouse around without problem, i just cant click on anythingfix:ctrl alt del & >precision< click on taskmanager 's letters. there is no clickable surfaces/boxes around the menu options! When taskmanager opens, i regain ability to click and i also dont need precision click 0.1mm letters - windows and its boxes acts normal. I also notice that something is angry red in taskmanagers "power usage" column, but it fades so fast i cannot see what.I diagnose

:)

Krille3, Apr 5, 2022
  2. OneMoar Win User

Problems with mouse cursor lockup.

take the canned air to it with gusto and see what happens
    I used to burn though a mouse every year back when Played competitive quake 3 and it s mods

OneMoar, Apr 5, 2022
  3. Windows 10 Mouse Problems

There's a possible answer in the Windows 8.1 forum at the thread http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...r-reboot/f62d6975-1ade-40dc-ad43-de9e1da66e0d Restores some faith as the person who answered
    is a Microsoft person. That restored faith severely taxed for this being an 8.1 problem that goes back at least 2 years and somehow made it in to the next major revision.

This issue might occur due to corrupt mouse settings.

I would suggest you to make sure that the mouse settings are enabled on the Startup tab.

Follow the methods:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to check if the mouse software is running at the Startup or within the startup list. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows+R keys and type “msconfig”. Hit Enter.
    • Go to Startup tab and locate the mouse software (could be Unifying software). Check the box besides the mouse icon and click on OK.
    • Make the required changes for the mouse setting (swap mouse buttons) and then restart the computer.
    Check if that fixes the issue. If not, proceed to the next method.

Method 2:

Let’s make the required change to swap the mouse click settings from registry and check if it resolves the issue. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows+R keys and type “regedit”. Hit Enter.
    • Navigate to the following location:
    Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Mouse\SwapMouseButtons

• Change the key for SwapMouseButtons from ‘0’ to ‘1’.
    Note: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added
    protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, you can refer to the following steps to back the registry files on the computer:

• Press Windows and R key to open the run box.
    • Type ‘regedit’ and press Enter from the keyboard.
    • Open the File option on the menu bar.
    • Click on Export and save the file with a name on the desktop.
    • If you want to restore the file, you can do so by double clicking the file that you have saved on the desktop.
    Restart the computer.

Puddlewiggle, Apr 5, 2022
  4. i can move the mouse around without problem, i just cant click on anything

Problems with mouse cursor lockup.

Aaaand the ironic thing there is, that no doubt WOULD void the warranty.

Seriously though, thanks for the suggestion but I plan to wait for their response. They said they can't authorize a replacement unless all the troubleshooting steps they emailed me don't work, which they didn't.

I've also contacted Newegg, and they said they'll do anything they can to help get me a manufacturer replacement in the case of the mouse not working with any of Logi's troubleshooting steps and if Logi refuses to replace it.

I had an MX500 that easily outlasted this one with lots of use. Seems to me the more complex the mouse, the more failure prone they are.

Frag Maniac, Apr 5, 2022
Thema:

i can move the mouse around without problem, i just cant click on anything

1. i can move the mouse around without problem, i just cant click on anything - Similar Threads - move mouse around

2. My mouse just run for 5,6 clicks and then cursor moves but can't click anything and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mouse just run for 5,6 clicks and then cursor moves but can't click anything and...: My pc supports windows xp professional, and I'm getting a notification like "Windows explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconveniences." And when I'm trying to fix it my mouse and keyboard just run for 5,6 times then i can move my...
  3. My mouse just run for 5,6 clicks and then cursor moves but can't click anything and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My mouse just run for 5,6 clicks and then cursor moves but can't click anything and...: My pc supports windows xp professional, and I'm getting a notification like "Windows explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconveniences." And when I'm trying to fix it my mouse and keyboard just run for 5,6 times then i can move my...
  4. i can move the mouse around without problem, i just cant click on anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i can move the mouse around without problem, i just cant click on anything: The problem is:Windows does not recognize mouse1 clicks, after i finish games such as; Overwatch, Valorant, Eve Online.i can move the mouse around without problem, i just cant click on anythingfix:ctrl alt del & >precision< click on taskmanager 's letters. there is no...
  5. i can move the mouse around without problem, i just cant click on anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i can move the mouse around without problem, i just cant click on anything: The problem is:Windows does not recognize mouse1 clicks, after i finish games such as; Overwatch, Valorant, Eve Online.i can move the mouse around without problem, i just cant click on anythingfix:ctrl alt del & >precision< click on taskmanager 's letters. there is no...
  6. Mouse moves but cant click anything.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse moves but cant click anything.: Hi, I am experiencing an issue where sometimes I cannot click anything, CTRL+ ALT+ DELETE takes 2 seconds to load, then it seems to snap out of whatever funk it was in. I have already tried sfc scannow, but the problem still persists. Please help me find a permanent fix for...
  7. When im trying to click the delete files it just closes and then i cant click anything i...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When im trying to click the delete files it just closes and then i cant click anything i...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/CALMCINT [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mcvk56/when_im_trying_to_click_the_delete_files_it_just/
  8. i cant click anything on my computer

i cant click anything on my computer: I can’t click anything on my computer. Like I can move my cursor, but that’s about it. I tried two methods to try and solve this. One of them is end the explorer task in task manager and the other is completely restart my computer. The first method didn’t work cuz I couldn’t...
  9. Windows Updated and not I cant click anything!

Windows Updated and not I cant click anything!: So I booted up my computer this morning, and it updated overnight and now i can't click on anything with my mouse or my drawing tablet. i can move with both but if i want to click on something or navigate around things i have to use my touch screen which is annoying to use....
  10. Windows 10 Mouse issue (can move mouse but cannot click anything)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Mouse issue (can move mouse but cannot click anything): Hello, I want to preface by saying this is now the second time (and second account - will get to that later) that this has happened. This morning, I go to wake up my computer from sleep (Windows 10, now with Anniversary update) and it seemingly crashes and restarts....