Windows 10: I can no longer access my midi on usb

Discus and support I can no longer access my midi on usb in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I can no longer access my midi on usb. It worked well on earlier OS, it has been sketchy since I moved over to W10, it would lose my midi ports or they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ragtimebill, Oct 16, 2016.

1. I can no longer access my midi on usb

I can no longer access my midi on usb. It worked well on earlier OS, it has been sketchy since I moved over to W10, it would lose my midi ports or they would lock up with a memory problem. I could fiddle around with things sometimes and get it back but I can no longer do that even. The ports it 'sees' are the wavetable and MIDI Mapper, but not either of the cables I have been using in the past. This occurs on my scoring program and on the VanBasco player as well. Please help, and thanks.

:)

ragtimebill, Oct 16, 2016

2. Windows 10 and USB MIDI conflict with Microsoft GS Wavetable synth

I'm using a MIDI sequencer (Forte3) on my laptop running windows 10. and am having trouble connecting it to my MIDI keyboard

Forte is a legacy (x86) software tool

I have connected my midi keyboard to the laptop using a USB to MIDI cable

The midi cable is recognized in Device Manager under Sound,Video and Game controllers as

USB 2.0 MIDI

General info

Sound, Video and Game controller

(Generic USB Audio)

Device status

This Device is working properly

In Forte I've selected USB 2.0 MIDI as my MIDI input/output device and when I test it (using the FORTE test function) it plays properly through my MIDI keyboard.

However when I start the sequencer playing a midi sequence, it plays through the Microsoft GS wavetable Synth and not the USB MIDI 2.0 device that was selected.

In earlier versions of windows this problem was fixed by selecting the USB device as the Default windows MIDI playback device.

I can't find anything that corresponds to this in windows 10.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

PaulKuklinski, Oct 16, 2016
  3. Scyfth Win User
    Scyfth, Oct 16, 2016
Thema:

I can no longer access my midi on usb

1. I can no longer access my midi on usb - Similar Threads - longer access midi

2. I can no longer access my D: drive on my computer.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can no longer access my D: drive on my computer.: I recently took my computer to Best Buy due to issues with me factory resetting it that I couldn't find a way to resolve myself. I just now opened it and downloaded something to find that in files under "This PC" I no longer had access to my D: drive. I am wondering if it is...
  3. I can no longer access my D: drive on my computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can no longer access my D: drive on my computer.: I recently took my computer to Best Buy due to issues with me factory resetting it that I couldn't find a way to resolve myself. I just now opened it and downloaded something to find that in files under "This PC" I no longer had access to my D: drive. I am wondering if it is...
  4. Can No Longer Access My Optical Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can No Longer Access My Optical Drive: Everything was working fine a couple of days ago. Yesterday could not access my optical drive. Ran a restore point to a couple of days prior and the optical drive worked again but the Windows Search box wouldn't work and Chrome wouldn't load. Undid the restore point this...
  5. USB problems with MIDI keyboard

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB problems with MIDI keyboard: [ATTACH] Hi, first sorry for my english but it's not my first language, I tried everything you all are my only hope. I built a pc in January. These are the specs: MB: Asus Prime B550M-A (Wi-Fi) CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x GPU: Nvidia Geforce 1030 RAM: 2x16GB ddr4 3600Mhz...
  6. No MIDI signals being received over USB-MIDI

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No MIDI signals being received over USB-MIDI: Hi there, I'm having issues with USB-MIDI connectivity. I have connected 2 USB-MIDI devices a Casio CDP-120 and an Arturia Minilab to my laptop, and no MIDI signals are being received. Both devices show up in Device Manager, but neither are recognised by Ableton Live nor a...
  7. USB midi device issue

USB midi device issue: I am having big issues with my new Asus M409DA running W10. I bought an MAudio Midisport Uno to connect and edit an amp that has midi but i keep getting the dreaded yellow triangle with an exclamation. It connects fine to my daughters Zenbook and installs into sound, video...
  8. midi USB cable

midi USB cable: I've a new cable but it did not function correctly 2 M Keyboard naar PC USB MIDI Cable Converter PC Muziek toetsenbord Cord USB IN-OUT MIDI Interface can you please help me out it did not work with windows 10 it show Device USB\VID_15CA&PID_0101\5&aea7634&0&2 was not...
  9. usb midi help

in Windows 10 Customization
    usb midi help: hi I need help with my midi cord from amazon, my laptop is not understanding it right. so plz help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-midi-help/91309b2c-3ceb-4804-8bbb-b4466716c9a0
  10. No longer can access my Synology NAS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No longer can access my Synology NAS: I can no longer access my Synology NAS through File Explorer or assign a drive letter to it via "net use" on two of my computers. I recently removed SMBv1 from them. A third computer can see the NAS as I have not uninstalled SMB1 from that yet. Is there some workaround to get...