Windows 10: I can no longer access my midi on usb

Discus and support I can no longer access my midi on usb in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I can no longer access my midi on usb. It worked well on earlier OS, it has been sketchy since I moved over to W10, it would lose my midi ports or they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ragtimebill, Oct 16, 2016.

1. I can no longer access my midi on usb

I can no longer access my midi on usb. It worked well on earlier OS, it has been sketchy since I moved over to W10, it would lose my midi ports or they would lock up with a memory problem. I could fiddle around with things sometimes and get it back but I can no longer do that even. The ports it 'sees' are the wavetable and MIDI Mapper, but not either of the cables I have been using in the past. This occurs on my scoring program and on the VanBasco player as well. Please help, and thanks.

:)

ragtimebill, Oct 16, 2016

2. Windows 10 and USB MIDI conflict with Microsoft GS Wavetable synth

I'm using a MIDI sequencer (Forte3) on my laptop running windows 10. and am having trouble connecting it to my MIDI keyboard

Forte is a legacy (x86) software tool

I have connected my midi keyboard to the laptop using a USB to MIDI cable

The midi cable is recognized in Device Manager under Sound,Video and Game controllers as

USB 2.0 MIDI

General info

Sound, Video and Game controller

(Generic USB Audio)

Device status

This Device is working properly

In Forte I've selected USB 2.0 MIDI as my MIDI input/output device and when I test it (using the FORTE test function) it plays properly through my MIDI keyboard.

However when I start the sequencer playing a midi sequence, it plays through the Microsoft GS wavetable Synth and not the USB MIDI 2.0 device that was selected.

In earlier versions of windows this problem was fixed by selecting the USB device as the Default windows MIDI playback device.

I can't find anything that corresponds to this in windows 10.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

PaulKuklinski, Oct 16, 2016
  3. Scyfth Win User
    Scyfth, Oct 16, 2016
Thema:

I can no longer access my midi on usb

1. I can no longer access my midi on usb - Similar Threads - longer access midi

2. Driver issues with MIDI/USB device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Driver issues with MIDI/USB device: Okay I have a Casio px-150 Keyboard. Don't tell me to check the manufacturer website. It is supposed to use the generic drivers made for windows 10 to operate. USB plug and play. It recognizes the device but doesn't assign it any drivers. No don't ask me to run older drivers...
  3. Windows isn't recognizing my usb midi device

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows isn't recognizing my usb midi device: When I connect my Keystation Pro 88 I get "usb device not recognized... May have malfunctioned" and in device manager it shows up as "unknown usb device: device descriptor request failed." It is natively supported and doesn't require a proprietary driver, but I did try...
  4. Access website: I can no longer access a website I used regularly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Access website: I can no longer access a website I used regularly: How can I bring up a website I had previously used, but now get message cannot be reached. * Moved from IE10/other https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-website-i-can-no-longer-access-a-website-i/1b4ba491-12b2-4432-bf16-7e7815f0e22a
  5. midi USB cable

midi USB cable: I've a new cable but it did not function correctly 2 M Keyboard naar PC USB MIDI Cable Converter PC Muziek toetsenbord Cord USB IN-OUT MIDI Interface can you please help me out it did not work with windows 10 it show Device USB\VID_15CA&PID_0101\5&aea7634&0&2 was not...
  6. I can no longer access the capability to edit my email contacts.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can no longer access the capability to edit my email contacts.: When I bring up contacts for my email I am unable to add, delete or edit them. What do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-no-longer-access-the-capability-to-edit-my/8909d5f9-1099-4a7d-9d82-c9786e520254
  7. usb midi help

in Windows 10 Customization
    usb midi help: hi I need help with my midi cord from amazon, my laptop is not understanding it right. so plz help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-midi-help/91309b2c-3ceb-4804-8bbb-b4466716c9a0
  8. USB sound/midi device not recognized

USB sound/midi device not recognized: I have a Technics PR804 keyboard attached to my Windows 10 laptop through USB. I've installed the drivers that came with my keyboard by entering compatibility mode to Windows ME, but the device manager won't recognize the hardware when it's turned on and plugged into my...
  9. can no longer access my Windows 10 account...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    can no longer access my Windows 10 account...: A couple of days ago I posted regarding eliminating a user profile if the files it contained were shared by another profile (Are shared documents and files removed from PC if one account deleted? - Windows 10 Forums) Yesterday I deleted the account C:\Users\Person A....
  10. No longer can access my Synology NAS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No longer can access my Synology NAS: I can no longer access my Synology NAS through File Explorer or assign a drive letter to it via "net use" on two of my computers. I recently removed SMBv1 from them. A third computer can see the NAS as I have not uninstalled SMB1 from that yet. Is there some workaround to get...