Windows 10: I can no longer change display settings after a recent Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview...

Discus and support I can no longer change display settings after a recent Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After a recent Windows 10 update I can no longer change the settings for either of my displays connected to my Radeon HD 6450 graphics card. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Mr0Z, Apr 5, 2021.

1. Mr0Z Win User

I can no longer change display settings after a recent Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview...

After a recent Windows 10 update I can no longer change the settings for either of my displays connected to my Radeon HD 6450 graphics card. The Catalyst software seems to be impacted as well because it can't change the settings for the displays and behaves very slow to go to menu selections.

The AMD driver update program say there is a newer version but it will not install and I am stuck at 15.301.1901.

I have removed the video drivers, cleaned the registry of any remnants of them, deleted all the old files from the AMD installation folder yet I can't change the video settings.

I can't change which monitor is the primary, can't have the monitor on the left before the second monitor extending problem, can't change the resolution, etc. When I try to change the settings the following message is displayed:

"The display settings could not be saved. Please try a different combination of display settings."

Microsoft has not acknowledged this issue or provided any type of solution and I don't want to wait for the next update to fix the issue.

Please help!

Edition Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview

Version 2004

Installed on ‎1/‎29/‎2021

OS build 21301.1010

Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 221.501.0.3

:)

Mr0Z, Apr 5, 2021
  2. SamMarrs Win User

Windows 8.1 pro to windows 10 pro/insider preview upgrade

I've noticed that, after the upgrade is downloaded, the main page of windows update displays Windows 10 pro insider preview. On all other pages, including list of past failed upgrade attempts, the update is displayed as Windows 10 pro. Which version of Windows
    am I getting?

I'd rather not go to the insider program.

Thanks in advance.

SamMarrs, Apr 5, 2021
  3. Win 10 Pro insider 10162

Hi Davor,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10 Technical preview.

Insider Hub will no longer be pre-installed on phone or desktop preview builds. Insiders can continue keeping up with the latest Insider news by reinstalling the desktop app using the following steps:

• Open Settings and select
      System, and then Apps & features.
    • Select Manage optional features and then
      Add a feature.
    • Select Insider Hub from the list (which is in alphabetical order) and click
      Install.
    Note: These steps will only work to reinstall Insider Hub on desktop. Insiders will have to reinstall the desktop app on every preview build leading up to
    the release of Windows 10. Beginning with the most recent build for phone (Build 10149),
    the Insider Hub app is no longer available on phone.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Sara Mohammedi, Apr 5, 2021
  4. Jerry8A Win User

I can no longer change display settings after a recent Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview...

Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Hello -
    Thanks for the return. Before I undertake changing the Registry, I have a question.
    The steps in my Registry, for my version of Windows 10, were a bit different, but I think I eventually got to the right spot.
    The last step is to change the number of places you want to list in Recent Places. In my case, the default Max Display listed 50 as the number. So, if I were to change that number, how do I know the Save As page will be one of those places? Or, a similar question, will this registry change delete the tab Recent from my Save As page? This is what I would like to happen.
    When I received my computer in Nov. 2016, the Recent tab was not listed in the Save As page. Something caused it to be added over time. Which brings me to this second question. Would there be any benefit in deleting the changed registry listing and reverting back to the default listing? See attachment.
    Jerry

Jerry8A, Apr 5, 2021
Thema:

1. I can no longer change display settings after a recent Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview... - Similar Threads - longer change display

2. Microsoft 10 Pro Insider Preview

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft 10 Pro Insider Preview: I recently took part in the Microsoft 10 Pro Insider Preview and as a result my desktop now indicate that by showing 'Microsoft 10 Pro Insider Preview Evaluation Copy Build 21327 Pre Release 210225-142. I have since left the program but the inscription remains. I have...
  3. Pro Insider Preview

Pro Insider Preview: Since i signed in for the insider preview it messed up my laptop completely. I want to go back to normal windows. How can i do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pro-insider-preview/dbe66e40-e8f5-4544-96c7-41ef9aec12e9
  4. Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview Digital Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview Digital Key: I just purchased a Surface Pro X which came with Windows 10 Home. I have a Surface Laptop and a Surface Pro that has Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview, which was purchased via a digital key. The new tablet did not automatically update to Windows Pro, how do I activate it on the...
  5. Change Windows 10 Insider Preview Edition

Change Windows 10 Insider Preview Edition: After troubleshooting, when I discovered that my windows was not activated, I got this message: [ATTACH] Please how do I change my Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview to Windows 10 Home Insider Preview?...
  6. Windows Insider Preview Program: Change "Home" to "Pro"?

Windows Insider Preview Program: Change "Home" to "Pro"?: I posted to the Windows Insider Preview Feedback hub, but i just remembered that you guys are many times a lot better at providing useful information, so please forgive the similarity to double-posting- I have two issues. This post addresses the minor issue: I thought i had...
  7. Windows Insider Preview Program: Change "Home" to "Pro"?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Insider Preview Program: Change "Home" to "Pro"?: I posted to the Windows Insider Preview Feedback hub, but i just remembered that you guys are many times a lot better at providing useful information, so please forgive the similarity to double-posting- I have two issues. This post addresses the minor issue: I thought i had...
  8. Activating windows insider preview after hardware changes

Activating windows insider preview after hardware changes: Hello, I just changed my components (upgraded my motherboard, processor and SSD) and downloaded the latest insider preview asuming that with my windows account it would activate fine, but after I installed everything, it tells me I cannot activate windows and need to...
  9. After the windows 10 update recently I no longer can print

After the windows 10 update recently I no longer can print: After the windows 10 update recently I no longer can print from my Epson or Brother multi printers. I called Epson and they are saying that the IP Address changed and that is why I can't print. Can you help me? Where do I go in my computer to change this so my printer and...
  10. Windows 10 Insider program - no longer getting preview builds

Windows 10 Insider program - no longer getting preview builds: I have a laptop running Windows 10. I purchased a full version and upgraded from Windows 7. I signed up to get insider preview builds. The last one I got was in August and is: Evaluation Copy, Build 18219.rs_prerelease. 180810-1721. For some reason my choice of "skip ahead"...