Windows 10: I can no longer delete things using the delete key on the num pad. it only works as a "."...

Discus and support I can no longer delete things using the delete key on the num pad. it only works as a "."... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; There are two delete key shortcuts on my hp omen laptop. One above near the function bar and one down on the numpad. both function as a shortcut to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by alixirart10, Apr 8, 2021.

1. I can no longer delete things using the delete key on the num pad. it only works as a "."...

There are two delete key shortcuts on my hp omen laptop. One above near the function bar and one down on the numpad. both function as a shortcut to delete things. but recently the numpad one stopped working as a delete function. if I try to delete selected files using it, I get just get an system error sound. the other delete key still works but the bottom one was very convenient for me and I need it! please help!

:)

alixirart10, Apr 8, 2021
  2. Ztruker Win User

delete key not working

Which delete key? I have two. One is on the numeric keypad and if Num Lock is on it doesn't work.

Ztruker, Apr 8, 2021
  3. Kari Win User
    Num pad won't type numbers, just moves mouse

You have pressed NUM LOCK key, possibly accidentally. The key is on top left corner of num pad, it toggles num pad ON / OFF. When off, number keys work as mouse keys.

Kari, Apr 8, 2021
  4. Randy.Ash Win User

I can no longer delete things using the delete key on the num pad. it only works as a "."...

My Logi wirelss keyboard key pad has stoped working.

The keyboard controls 3 computers, 2 win 10 and 1 win 7. when i switch to the win 7 computer num pad works fine. Once i swap to either of the Win 10 computers the num pad does not work. i have deleted drivers and let them auto reinstall. changed keyboard
    settings.. still an issue.. any suggestions will be helpful..

Randy.Ash, Apr 8, 2021
Thema:

I can no longer delete things using the delete key on the num pad. it only works as a "."...

1. I can no longer delete things using the delete key on the num pad. it only works as a "."... - Similar Threads - longer delete things

2. Screen locking when i use the num pad

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen locking when i use the num pad: Hello !My screen is locking when i'm using my num pad and sometimes randomly. It does it when I use the « + », « - », « enter/= » on the num pad and on some other keys on the num pad and sometimes it just does it randomly. I've look around, restarted my keyboard to default,...
  3. Screen locking when i use the num pad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen locking when i use the num pad: Hello !My screen is locking when i'm using my num pad and sometimes randomly. It does it when I use the « + », « - », « enter/= » on the num pad and on some other keys on the num pad and sometimes it just does it randomly. I've look around, restarted my keyboard to default,...
  4. Screen locking when i use the num pad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Delete Key not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delete Key not working: Hi All,System information:Windows 11 Home x64 Version 22H2 OS Build 22621.2428Brand: FrameworkMotherboard Chip Set: Intel Alder Lake-P PCHI am unable to use the delete key in any application on my laptop. I have attempted to fix this in the MS Suite via File>Options>Customize...
  6. Can't use + key on Num Pad without holding shift in windows 10 only?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't use + key on Num Pad without holding shift in windows 10 only?: This has me thoroughly stumped. I am unable to use the + key on the numpad without holding down shift with it. All keyboard testers online show the key is working by itself. If I remote in and login to a Windows Server 2012 machine, it works fine without the need to hold...
  7. delete key works to delete text but not to delete files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    delete key works to delete text but not to delete files: for some reason delete works to delete text but not files in explorer. is there a fix for this? I have a MSI GF Series GF65 9SEXR-436CA Thin. if that matters...
  8. Delete key not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Delete key not working: Hi, after successfully installing the Windows 10 Version 1903, the "Delete"key stopped working in my Dell Laptop. Pls suggest how to fix the problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-key-not-working/fcb35651-48ed-47c0-aeab-17e882b723c8
  9. Can you delete a printer you are no longer using?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can you delete a printer you are no longer using?: I have a couple of printers listed on my printer list that I no longer use - don't even still have them - and I would like to delete them but don't know how. Does anyone know how - or even if they can be successfully deleted?...
  10. I can't delete these things.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't delete these things.: please can someone help me delete these things? it keeps saying they are in a place they aren't and just won't delete[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-delete-these-things/8c27618c-d44b-411e-a427-c96e820cb57c"