Windows 10: I can no longer log in to my PC with my PIN due to my organization's standards

Discus and support I can no longer log in to my PC with my PIN due to my organization's standards in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I added a second account to my PC today so I could work from home. I went to switch from that account to my previous account and my PIN would no longer... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by TheGoonMaster69, Mar 17, 2020.

1. I can no longer log in to my PC with my PIN due to my organization's standards

I added a second account to my PC today so I could work from home. I went to switch from that account to my previous account and my PIN would no longer work. It says it does not meet my organization's standards. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to adjust this - I now have to log in with a password or a PIN that meet's my organization's standards. My organization's standards should not affect my personal PC.

Under "Email & accounts" my work email address is there and no option to remove it.

Under "Sign-in options" it says "Sorry, this PIN isn't working for your organization's resources."

Is this fixable or do I need to delete accounts?

:)

TheGoonMaster69, Mar 17, 2020
  2. jbkdude1 Win User

Pin not supported by organization

Yesterday my laptop running windows 10 informed me that my pin is no longer working under my organizations resources. This laptop is not connected to any organizations. I have tried removing my pin and adding a new one, to no avail. Is there a way to remove
    this phantom organization?

jbkdude1, Mar 17, 2020
  3. chris-tea Win User
    PIN log-in no longer an option

Greetings, I have a new HP computer that has W10 already installed. When I first set it up I was offered an alpha or numeric password log-in screen option. I chose the numeric PIN (four digit). I had this as my log-in and without having changed any user
    settings, accounts, or other similar features, I am no longer prompted to use my PIN. I am only able to log in with my alpha password. Yet I prefer a simple four digit pin over a long written password.

I have read other posts to find a remedy for this problem. I have tried to reset my account preferences including my password.

After reading many posts I see that the normal offered solutions are to select my pin over alpha password from the log-in scene option's menu. I do not have any options from which to do this. I have also read that I am to redo my account and then select
    using a PIN - which I have tried and PIN was never offered as an option.

Now I have a new password yet no pin option.

Anyone with any info on how to re-instate using a pin as a log in other than the two above suggestions, please let me know. Or, if you are also having this issue, could you tell us about it. Maybe it is not just a handful of us that have lost our PIN log
    in option ?

thanks in advance

chris-tea, Mar 17, 2020
  4. Clairejj Win User

I can no longer log in to my PC with my PIN due to my organization's standards

cant log in using pin anymore

I followed the steps. Now the "add" pin button no longer works. I click on it and it does nothing.

Clairejj, Mar 17, 2020
Thema:

I can no longer log in to my PC with my PIN due to my organization's standards

1. I can no longer log in to my PC with my PIN due to my organization's standards - Similar Threads - longer log PIN

2. Can't logging in to my pc with pin.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't logging in to my pc with pin.: "Your password was changed on a different device. You must sign in on this device once with your new password, and then you can sign in with your PIN."So I can't unlock my Device 1 desktop. I know the pin I normally use but I'm not allowed to use it until i use my password on...
  3. Can't logging in to my pc with pin.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't logging in to my pc with pin.: "Your password was changed on a different device. You must sign in on this device once with your new password, and then you can sign in with your PIN."So I can't unlock my Device 1 desktop. I know the pin I normally use but I'm not allowed to use it until i use my password on...
  4. Can't logging in to my pc with pin.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Organization PIN requires me to change my PIN, but I have no organization in my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Organization PIN requires me to change my PIN, but I have no organization in my PC: So I have done anything that I have found on the internet to remove this "organization requirement" that I need to change my PIN like once every month or two months, but my computer is a personal computer. This started when I logged into my college's email, but I have...
  6. Organization PIN requires me to change my PIN, but I have no organization in my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Organization PIN requires me to change my PIN, but I have no organization in my PC: So I have done anything that I have found on the internet to remove this "organization requirement" that I need to change my PIN like once every month or two months, but my computer is a personal computer. This started when I logged into my college's email, but I have...
  7. Organization PIN requires me to change my PIN, but I have no organization in my PC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Pin Restrictions Due to Organization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin Restrictions Due to Organization: Hello, I am not able to remove the pin requirements on my desktop or laptop since "my organization has set complexity requirements for my pin." My organization IT department says they have removed all my devices and are not managing them. I have spent hours combing through...
  9. Can no longer log into Windows on my old PC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can no longer log into Windows on my old PC: Early this year, I purchased a new laptop and then stopped using my old laptop. Not long afterwards, I switched to a new email address. I updated my Windows account to reflect this new email address. Something went awry with my Windows Hello PIN and so I updated it today. Now...
  10. My organization can not using PIN code

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My organization can not using PIN code: Dear team,Sice yesterday we're facing an issue with pin code that everyone in my company unable using PIN code to login their laptop . Right after they use the pin , that error appear "Something went wrong and your PIN isnt available status 0xc00000bb , substatus 0x0. Click...