Windows 10: I can no longer move windows partially off-screen after updating to 20H2

Discus and support I can no longer move windows partially off-screen after updating to 20H2 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a single monitor and I used to be able to move windows so that they went over the right and bottom edge of my screen, however after updating if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TollyThaWally, Mar 5, 2021.

1. I can no longer move windows partially off-screen after updating to 20H2

I have a single monitor and I used to be able to move windows so that they went over the right and bottom edge of my screen, however after updating if I try to do this the window moves back so that it is fully visible, is there a way to stop this?

submitted by /u/TollyThaWally
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TollyThaWally, Mar 5, 2021

2. Update 20h2

Hi Wicki,

I am Sumit, an Independent Advisor and a 3 year Windows Insider MVP here to help.

20H2 should not be installed right-away on your device - MS said the rollout is only to a fraction of users and would be labeled as an optional update initially. Are you enrolled in WIP?

You may uninstall 20H2 using the steps below:

https://www.yourwindowsguide.com/2020/10/uninst...

Content on the above blog is written by a Microsoft MVP so it is safe. However, do watch out for the ads.

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Mar 5, 2021
  3. erocker Win User
    Windows 98 and ME no longer updatable...

Quite right, XP is still listed in technet. Win 98 unfortunately isn't. Windows 3.1 and 3.2 are listed though.

erocker, Mar 5, 2021
  4. DaveM121 Win User

I can no longer move windows partially off-screen after updating to 20H2

Update History is not showing v.20H2

Hi Dominic

I am Dave, an Independent Advisor, I will help you with this . . .

This is normal behavior in Windows 10, typically when you install a Feature Update like 20h2, the update history is wiped, this is to prevent the user from trying to uninstall an update that was prior to the Feature Update, which would de-stabilize Windows
    10, the list should start building again, when some updates are applied to version 20h2 . . .

DaveM121, Mar 5, 2021
Thema:

I can no longer move windows partially off-screen after updating to 20H2

1. I can no longer move windows partially off-screen after updating to 20H2 - Similar Threads - longer move partially

2. task bar partially off screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    task bar partially off screen: Brand new install.The display appears to be too large for my monitor. For instance, only to top 1/2 of the task bar is visible. Same is true for the left edge and perhaps top and right edge....
  3. task bar partially off screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    task bar partially off screen: Brand new install.The display appears to be too large for my monitor. For instance, only to top 1/2 of the task bar is visible. Same is true for the left edge and perhaps top and right edge....
  4. I can no longer see partial search matches in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can no longer see partial search matches in windows 11: I used to be able to type 12 and get ALL results with any file names that contain 12 in the name. Now it only gives me files that are named 12etc. but not "blahblah12blahblah" how can i get windows to show partial results as well? i cant find the option anywhere. all the...
  5. I can no longer see partial search matches in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can no longer see partial search matches in windows 11: I used to be able to type 12 and get ALL results with any file names that contain 12 in the name. Now it only gives me files that are named 12etc. but not "blahblah12blahblah" how can i get windows to show partial results as well? i cant find the option anywhere. all the...
  6. Application windows launching (partially) off-screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Application windows launching (partially) off-screen: Why is this still a thing? Windows knows what my desktop sizes are and there is NO reason I'd want a window to have it's bar ABOVE these limits with me unable to move them without performing weird window move/cascade/whatever shenanigans Once again I have for example...
  7. Black screen after 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen after 20H2 update: Hello, I’ve tried updating my computer to 20H2 update about 20 times already, every time the update finishes I get a black screen with no cursor, task manager doesn’t work, nothing works, and I have to restart my computer every time to “Undoing changes made to your computer”....
  8. System tray partially off the screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    System tray partially off the screen: Hi, I'm having problems with the system tray. It seems that it's being placed too far to the left causing half of it to end up out of the screen. Changing the resolution to a lower one and then back to the recommended one seems to fix this temporarily, but after any...
  9. Can no longer access Feedback Hub after 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can no longer access Feedback Hub after 20H2 update: The 20H2 update has caused a myriad of headaches for me so far. I've been chronicling them to submit to Feedback Hub, but now one of the issues the update is caused is that I can no longer access the Feedback Hub! When I attempt to open it it immediately closes itself....
  10. Partial Gray Scale Issue after 20H2 Update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Partial Gray Scale Issue after 20H2 Update: I always keep my Acer Spin updated and on Friday Oct 23 I loaded 20H2 on my up to date device. The update seemed to go well and my device seems to be working properly. My issue is primarily on the Start Screen with the tiles. It has gone to Gray Scale and I can't get it back....