Windows 10: I can no longer print from my computer running Windows 10 version 2004 to Brother wireless...

Discus and support I can no longer print from my computer running Windows 10 version 2004 to Brother wireless... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; printer is a Brother wireless multi function printer / scanner MFC J615W... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PhilGT, Jun 23, 2020.

1. PhilGT Win User

I can no longer print from my computer running Windows 10 version 2004 to Brother wireless...

printer is a Brother wireless multi function printer / scanner MFC J615W

:)

PhilGT, Jun 23, 2020
  2. Jan123 Win User

Windows 10 Home Won't Print to Remote Printer

I have three computers.
    Machine 1: Windows 10 pro, has the USB Brother HL-5040 printer
    Machine 2: Windows 10 pro, prints OK to the remote printer.
    Machine 3: Windows 10 home, Used to print, but not anymore (THIS IS THE PROBLEM).
    I’ve tried everything that I can think of, and would appreciate any suggestions.
    I did these steps on Machine 3 that did not work.

1. Remove the printer device.
    2. Add a Printer
    3. The printer that I want isn’t listed
    4. Select a shared printer by name
    5. Browse
    6. Select the displayed Machine 1.
    7. Select the displayed Printer.
    8. Next
    9. Failure “Connect to Printer”.
    10. Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or Hostname
    11. Next
    12. Set Hostname to Machine 2, and set port name.
    13. Detecting TCP/IP Port
    14. Additional Port information required.
    15. Device Type – Standard, Brother Port Server
    16. Next
    17. Detecting the Driver Model
    18. Install The Print Driver
    19. Select Brother and Brother HL-5040
    20. Next
    21. Replace the Current Driver
    22. Printer Name (setting it to HL-5040)
    23. Next
    24. Do not share this printer
    25. Next
    26. You’ve successfully added “HL-5040”
    27. Finish
    Printing on Machine 3 puts the document in the print queue, which reports error printing.
    Printing from Machine 2 to the printer on Machine 1 works perfectly.
    All three machines are in the same HomeGroup. Machine 3 can access the shared files from Machine 1.

Jan123, Jun 23, 2020
  3. Wireless Brother printer will not print

Thanks for trying. Actually the problem is not that I don't know how to print, it is that the printer does not print.

And, I get useless, meaningless error messages that essentially say 'did not work'.

I cannot tell you how frustrating it is to have error messages that:

• Cannot highlight to cut/paste into a message to tell you the EXACT message I got
    • Have no number, so I could merely say I got error message PRT12345.
    The simplicity of reporting problems accurately would have been increased hugely, 25 years ago. But, that is another story. The chance of that happening now is zero. Just live with vague meaningless error messages and keep a pen and paper handy so you
    can write them down, word for word, to share the meaningless message with others.

Back to the problem. I had actually done all that you said already.

Windows 10 - Fix printer problems <- Printer troubleshooter - "Troubleshooting couldn't identify the problem" (literally what it said)

Windows 10 Support - That is how I got 'here', reporting the problem (after looking around)

Brother - HL-2270DW - Drivers - Troubleshooting on left side panel of page - This is mostly FAQ - I have been through many/most, but my problem is not found.

Brother - Support - I did a cut/paste of this problem and put it into an email. Waiting to hear. But, as I went through the various troubleshooting steps above, it wound down to 'contact your
    computer/software vendor'

Brother - Compatibility list

Reviewed information here, but there is no compatibility problem. I'm 100% certain, since the printer prints totally fine on the old computer, that the printer is fine. It is a 'user error' in configuration/setup. I just can't find what I need to do.

bob2001(2), Jun 23, 2020
  4. I can no longer print from my computer running Windows 10 version 2004 to Brother wireless...

Windows 10 Wireless Printing

I am on a wireless network and have tried printing to 3 different wireless printers connected to my network. I am unable to print to any of them. Our other laptop can print to all of them on the same network. Any suggestions?

MitchellTrager, Jun 23, 2020
Thema:

I can no longer print from my computer running Windows 10 version 2004 to Brother wireless...

1. I can no longer print from my computer running Windows 10 version 2004 to Brother wireless... - Similar Threads - longer print computer

2. How can I print from my tablet to my Brother mfc j 615w

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I print from my tablet to my Brother mfc j 615w: How do I print from my Android tablet to my brother mfcj615w printer all in one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-print-from-my-tablet-to-my-brother-mfc-j/cca47adb-6c52-4f30-85ff-fbf5f9fe2da8
  3. How can I print from my tablet to my Brother mfc j 615w

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can I print from my tablet to my Brother mfc j 615w: How do I print from my Android tablet to my brother mfcj615w printer all in one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-print-from-my-tablet-to-my-brother-mfc-j/cca47adb-6c52-4f30-85ff-fbf5f9fe2da8
  4. I can no longer access my screen prints. Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can no longer access my screen prints. Windows 10: There were two Windows Updates overnight and I presume this is why I can't access my screen prints. When I press the Windows & PrtScr keys together I get this screen. Previously I saw all the screenprints in numerical order.It says "After you've opened some files, we'll show...
  5. I can no longer access my screen prints. Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can no longer access my screen prints. Windows 10: There were two Windows Updates overnight and I presume this is why I can't access my screen prints. When I press the Windows & PrtScr keys together I get this screen. Previously I saw all the screenprints in numerical order.It says "After you've opened some files, we'll show...
  6. I can no longer access my screen prints. Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Photos no longer printing correctly on my brother mfc printer

Photos no longer printing correctly on my brother mfc printer: My photos were printing fine up until March 5th or 6th. Now they only print a small strip on the left and a larger strip on the right. The rest is white. Nothing tells me there is a problem. I even tried printing previous photos. Same problem. After being on a chat with...
  8. Print Problem - Windows 10 Version 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Print Problem - Windows 10 Version 2004: Cannot print after installing Windows 10 version 2004. The installation included KB4560366, and, I subsequently installed KB4567523, but problem still persists. Get blank pages from printer when attempting to print txt and MSword documents. The printer is HP Officejet 4630....
  9. can no longer print brother

can no longer print brother: For some reason f as of this month, my brother prints can no longer print and my device is in an unspecified location. I have installed and reinstalled the device and tried my laptop and PC but to no avail. Have following all the tutorials I can find and short of deleting...
  10. Brother printer no longer prints, but it will scan.

Brother printer no longer prints, but it will scan.: Brother told me to delete 10 software updates KB 4560960 and KB 4557957 to get my printer to work again. Is this true? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brother-printer-no-longer-prints-but-it-will-scan/3e4ed02b-fba5-47c2-b84c-db91caffdf37