Windows 10: I can no longer print from my Dell XPS 8930 Windows 10 desktop to my HP 8710 printer

Discus and support I can no longer print from my Dell XPS 8930 Windows 10 desktop to my HP 8710 printer in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; As of yesterday, I can no longer print from my Dell XPS 8930 Windows 10 desktop to my HP 8710 printer. FYI: I CAN print from my Dell Windows 7 laptop,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JenniferBoynton1, Mar 9, 2021.

1. I can no longer print from my Dell XPS 8930 Windows 10 desktop to my HP 8710 printer

As of yesterday, I can no longer print from my Dell XPS 8930 Windows 10 desktop to my HP 8710 printer. FYI: I CAN print from my Dell Windows 7 laptop, so it's not the printer or the wireless. It's something wrong with the desktop. I have de- and reinstalled the printer and its software and drivers numerous times. I have turned everything on and off. I have turned the print spooler off, cleared the PRINTERS folder, and turned the spooler back on. I have followed tons of online Windows- and HP-based Command-prompt-level instructions including these, because I can print from my phone: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Print...from-phone-but-can-t-on-computer/td-p/6517291 to fix this, but nothing has worked. I have run the HP Print doctor thing, which finds nothing wrong. The printer can see the computer and the computer can see the printer, but it won't print. Any ideas? TIA

:)

JenniferBoynton1, Mar 9, 2021
  2. MY70 Win User

Unable to connect Dell Windows 10 to new HP Officejet Pro 8710 wirelessly

Bought a new HP OfficeJet Pro 8710. Easily installed printer wirelessly to router. Easily installed printer on my Mac Pro. Unable to get dell laptop with windows 10 connected wirelessly. Have installed with USB and
    prints fine, but refuses wireless connection. Have tried installing through 123.hp.com but never finishes and prints confirmation page. If I use the windows wizard it just ids the scanner. If I say my printer is not shown and do windows update I get officejet
    Pro 8710 pcl3, and doesn’t work when installed. Have tried using the IP address and no go. Since it works well for my Mac, I figure it is either dell or windows. Can you enlighten me? Thanks

MY70, Mar 9, 2021
  3. LyleClugg Win User
    Error message: Driver Unavailable on my HP 8710 printer

Since the latest Windows 10 update a week ago I have been unable to use my HP 8710 printer. When I go to the control panel > devices and printers > HP 8710, the status of the printer is: Driver is unavailable.

I have run the HP printer diagnostics, downloaded the latest driver, checked the network status. Nothing works.

I am using my Dell 8100 computer running Windows 10. The printer has worked for two years with no problems.

I can go to my wife's HP 550 computer, access a file on my computer using the Homegroup connection and then print it on my printer. This confirms that the WiFi connection is good, the driver on her computer works.

On the HP Forum, two other users have reported identical problems in the last two days.

I assume the problem stems from the latest Windows 10 update, but I don't know of any other means to report the problem except through this forum. I hope someone can help.

LyleClugg, Mar 9, 2021
  4. I can no longer print from my Dell XPS 8930 Windows 10 desktop to my HP 8710 printer

Printing to XPS fails on Windows 10

Hi Dan,

I can understand the inconvenience caused to you. I would be glad to help you.

I would suggest you to refer the below steps and check if it helps.

• Search for Device Manager, or do Win + R and then
      DEVMGMT.MSC.

• Go to 'Print queues' then uninstall both the PDF and XPS print queues.

• Search for 'Advanced Printer Setup', or look this option in the Control panel.

• Select 'The printer that I want isn't listed', in the next window choose 'Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings', select 'Use an existing port:' then in the dropdown select 'FILE: (Print
      to File)'.

• In the next window, it will appear a list. Select Microsoft then in the second list select 'Microsoft Print to PDF' and next.

• Select 'Replace the current driver' and then next

• Give the printer a name (I suggest the original name) then next and it shall reinstall the printer and its driver.

• Repeat the process but now instead of selecting 'Microsoft Print to PDF' in the list, select the XPS one.

• Restart and see if it prints now.

Refer the below article for more information.

Fix printer problems

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Mar 9, 2021
Thema:

I can no longer print from my Dell XPS 8930 Windows 10 desktop to my HP 8710 printer

1. I can no longer print from my Dell XPS 8930 Windows 10 desktop to my HP 8710 printer - Similar Threads - longer print Dell

2. Dell Xps 8930 stuck on dell loading screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell Xps 8930 stuck on dell loading screen: Hey guys,After using the power button to force a shutdown on my pc, I have encountered some issues with booting it up. The first 30 seconds is normal, but while the dell logo is shown and is loading, the screen freezes entirely. I have tried restarting again, but that attempt...
  3. Dell Xps 8930 stuck on dell loading screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell Xps 8930 stuck on dell loading screen: Hey guys,After using the power button to force a shutdown on my pc, I have encountered some issues with booting it up. The first 30 seconds is normal, but while the dell logo is shown and is loading, the screen freezes entirely. I have tried restarting again, but that attempt...
  4. Advice upgrading dell xps 8930 to windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Advice upgrading dell xps 8930 to windows 11: Hi Everyone.I am wondering if it is safe to upgrade my dell xps 8930 to windows 11?I spoke to dell and they really were very vague and did not offer any help at all.I have heard and read that the Dell xps 8930 has been tested and will run windows 11.Please find my system...
  5. My HP ENVY 5540 printer no longer prints

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My HP ENVY 5540 printer no longer prints: My HP ENVY 5540 printer no longer prints either text or photos from my desktop computer Windows 10,instead givin an 'out of paper' error,yet when instructed to print a quality diagnostic, or a test page,gives a perfect print...
  6. 8710 HP PRINTER

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    8710 HP PRINTER: I HAVE AN HP/8710 PRINTER THATCARTRIDGES DEPLETED,REPLACED ALL 4 WITH NEW ONES ,IT STILL SAYS CARTIDGES DEPLETED & WONT PRINT HOW DO I RESET IT?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/8710-hp-printer/a1bdb264-7d5a-4f1b-a67a-5c6f25ade211
  7. Logitech Webcam c920 not detected running Dell Desktop XPS 8930 and Windows 10

Logitech Webcam c920 not detected running Dell Desktop XPS 8930 and Windows 10: Hi, History of things attempted: I had this problem and then did manage to get it working but then after re-start the following day it fails again. -Originally there was intermittent issues and I suspected it was a conflict with my wireless Logitech mouse, so I have a...
  8. Dell XPS 8930 and 1903 Network Issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dell XPS 8930 and 1903 Network Issues: We have about 10 of these in Marketing. Twice now I've installed 1903 on two of them and had to roll back due to some, not all, websites not showing up. You get the Ooops, page not found error. I didn't note any sites other than Adobe.com. This was the main issue since the...
  9. Dell XPS 8930 Boots straight into Windows!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Dell XPS 8930 Boots straight into Windows!: This is the second XPS that Dell sent me that has this problem I believe the BIOS comes up after tapping F2 but you can't see it!. The only way around it is to remove the secondary graphics card and boot from the onboard video card to get to the BIOS or Safe Mode etc. You...
  10. I HP Office Printer 8710

I HP Office Printer 8710: Hi, My printer is in pause mode and will not print, what do I do to get it back to print status? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/i-hp-office-printer-8710/1586e8ae-6731-4722-892d-a14c8ba11c39