Windows 10: I can no longer see active playing video thumbnail previews in bottom taskbar. 2020 Update

Discus and support I can no longer see active playing video thumbnail previews in bottom taskbar. 2020 Update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Not allow you to see active video thumbnail previews in the bottom taskbar with Windows Media Player and other media players such as Potplayer and VLC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Konmai, May 27, 2020.

1. /u/Konmai Win User

I can no longer see active playing video thumbnail previews in bottom taskbar. 2020 Update

Not allow you to see active video thumbnail previews in the bottom taskbar with Windows Media Player and other media players such as Potplayer and VLC player when minimized. Instead now you just see a static image when you hover over the media player in the taskbar while the video is still playing. Anyone have this issue? in the past builds does not have this problem. Thanks!

submitted by /u/Konmai
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Konmai, May 27, 2020

2. (BUG) I can no longer see active playing video thumbnail previews in bottom taskbar!!!

It seems something changed in Windows insider Preview builds 20H1 and 20H2 which does not allow you to see active video thumbnail previews in the bottom taskbar with Windows Media Player and other media players such as Potplayer and VLC player when minimized.
    Instead now you just see a static image when you hover over the media player in the taskbar while the video is still playing.

Any idea what has changed in Windows 10 20H1 and 20H2 builds that has caused this?

Is this a known bug or in it intentional and if so why?

P.S. I do not have this issue in the current version of Windows 10 which is "1909 18363.778" and when I minimize a playing video to the taskbar I can still see the 'Active" playing video in the taskbar thumbnail preview.

Microsoft please fix this!!!

Thanks

Superman1975mlm, May 27, 2020
  3. taskbar "live" thumbnail preview not playing

I recently restored my desktop. After the restore, my taskbar thumbnail preview stopped showing a """live"""" picture(video) of what an application was doing, instead, it shows a still photo. I did notice that if the application wasn't minimized and I hovered
    over the thumbnail of that application, the thumbnail preview was showing the "live" picture and not a still photo. For example, if a video was playing on a browser then when the browser was not minimized and my mouse was on the thumbnail preview. In the preview,
    the video would also be playing but if the application was minimized then the preview would be a still photo

THERE ARE MANY QUESTIONS OUT THERE HASN'T BEEN PROPERLY ANSWERED AND SOLVED

junghwanahn1, May 27, 2020
  4. DRDNA Win User

I can no longer see active playing video thumbnail previews in bottom taskbar. 2020 Update

Video Thumbnail on Taskbar

The feature is called Taskbar preview and is not supposed to remain open after you remove the cursor from the icon. So it is working proper when it closes preview once the cursor is removed from the Taskbar icon.

EDIT: I have seen Taskbar preview stick and stay open before myself even after the cursor has been removed but that not suppose to happen and I don't know for sure why it happens in the first place but I'm guessing it has to do with memory running low .....

DRDNA, May 27, 2020
Thema:

1. I can no longer see active playing video thumbnail previews in bottom taskbar. 2020 Update - Similar Threads - longer active playing

2. taskbar "live" thumbnail preview not playing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    taskbar "live" thumbnail preview not playing: I recently restored my desktop. After the restore, my taskbar thumbnail preview stopped showing a """live"""" picturevideo of what an application was doing, instead, it shows a still photo. I did notice that if the application wasn't minimized and I hovered over the thumbnail...
  3. taskbar "live" thumbnail preview not playing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    taskbar "live" thumbnail preview not playing: I recently restored my desktop. After the restore, my taskbar thumbnail preview stopped showing a """live"""" picturevideo of what an application was doing, instead, it shows a still photo. I did notice that if the application wasn't minimized and I hovered over the thumbnail...
  4. taskbar "live" thumbnail preview not playing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Taskbar Thumbnail Previews

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Thumbnail Previews: For some unknown reason my taskbar thumbnail previews have suddenly disappeared. Can somebody PLEASE tell me how to get them back. Something simple caused it - something simple will cure it 172523
  6. Video Not Playing in Taskbar Thumbnail Preview

in Windows 10 Customization
    Video Not Playing in Taskbar Thumbnail Preview: Hello, I am having trouble of figuring out why every video I play on a separate window, the thumbnail preview on the taskbar shows a blank/frozen up loading screen? I restarted the computer a few times, nothing worked....
  7. taskbar thumbnail preview

taskbar thumbnail preview: I can't see the preview of any app when i hover my cursor over them in taskbar.how to fix this problem please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-thumbnail-preview/fd8413c8-6f57-4474-9527-c0b4355efb83
  8. BUG I can no longer see active playing video thumbnail previews in bottom taskbar!!!

BUG I can no longer see active playing video thumbnail previews in bottom taskbar!!!: It seems something changed in Windows insider Preview builds 20H1 and 20H2 which does not allow you to see active video thumbnail previews in the bottom taskbar with Windows Media Player and other media players such as Potplayer and VLC player when minimized. Instead now you...
  9. taskbar thumbnail previews not updating...

in Windows 10 Support
    taskbar thumbnail previews not updating...: I've noticed that the thumbnail previews on my taskbar are not updating; if I'm using a word file, for example, the thumbnail shows the beginning of the document, even if I have been working on page 7. Similarly, the thumbnails for webpages always show the top of the page,...
  10. taskbar "live" thumbnail preview not playing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    taskbar "live" thumbnail preview not playing: I recently restored my desktop. After the restore, my taskbar thumbnail preview stopped showing a """live"""" picture(video) of what an application was doing, instead, it shows a still photo. I did notice that if the application wasn't minimized and I hovered over the...