Windows 10: I can no longer see the Mac on my Ethernet network

Discus and support I can no longer see the Mac on my Ethernet network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have/had a HomeGroup on my Ethernet network with an iMac and Windows 10 computer. I can no longer see the iMac when I click Network in the File... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by rtcary, Oct 28, 2020.

1. rtcary Win User

I can no longer see the Mac on my Ethernet network

I have/had a HomeGroup on my Ethernet network with an iMac and Windows 10 computer. I can no longer see the iMac when I click Network in the File Explorer. No doubt some setting needs to be changed.

What is interesting is that one of my Windows 10 backups goes to a HD connected to the iMac - and it works.

Many thanks...

Todd

Windows 10 Build: 19041
    Mac HighSierra

:)

rtcary, Oct 28, 2020
  2. MJW77CA Win User

Ethernet Light Orange/ "Local Area Network" Not in Network List

Last night I noticed my ethernet light on the back of my computer was orange. I did some research to find the reason. Some websites said it was an increased connection speed. Others said a problem with the connection.
    The local area network is no longer in the list of network connections and the other computer in my house has a green light on the ethernet port.
    I've used all the cmd.exe ipconfig steps suggested by websites. Flush dns, reset dns, etc. I've also used the network troubleshooter in windows10 which told me a problem was not found.
    Nothing seems to change the light back to green. Can someone help me find the problem so I can fix it?

MJW77CA, Oct 28, 2020
  3. My reliable ethernet connection no longer works

Hi Marcia,

To better understand the query, please answer the following questions:

• After restarting is your computer in normal mode or not?
    • Are you getting any error message?

I suggest you to reset the modem\ router and check if the Ethernet connection works or not.

If still the issue persist then I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article
    “Fix network connection issues” and check if it helps.

Fix Wi-Fi connection issues in Windows

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Oct 28, 2020
  4. I can no longer see the Mac on my Ethernet network

Seeing a Mac over a network

I made all the changes you suggested, except the computer browser which wasn't on the list. Restarted the PC and still no sign of the Mac on the network in file explorer.

Thanks,

Bob

RobertFredley, Oct 28, 2020
Thema:

I can no longer see the Mac on my Ethernet network

1. I can no longer see the Mac on my Ethernet network - Similar Threads - longer Mac Ethernet

2. Can no longer see wireless networks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can no longer see wireless networks: I have a rather old hp desktop running Windows 10. The ethernet-cable-connection to the internet stopped working quite a while ago, but I was able to use a ASUS - Dual-Band AC1200 USB Network Adapter and that was working just fine. I just moved houses and I'm trying to re-set...
  3. Can no longer see wireless networks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can no longer see wireless networks: I have a rather old hp desktop running Windows 10. The ethernet-cable-connection to the internet stopped working quite a while ago, but I was able to use a ASUS - Dual-Band AC1200 USB Network Adapter and that was working just fine. I just moved houses and I'm trying to re-set...
  4. Can no longer see wireless networks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. How do I share a folder on my home network so my Mac can see it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I share a folder on my home network so my Mac can see it?: I can't connect to my Windows machine no matter what I try. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-share-a-folder-on-my-home-network-so-my/71ff1718-e339-45b5-b765-09c51c61daba
  6. How do I share a folder on my home network so my Mac can see it?

How do I share a folder on my home network so my Mac can see it?: I can't connect to my Windows machine no matter what I try. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-share-a-folder-on-my-home-network-so-my/71ff1718-e339-45b5-b765-09c51c61daba
  7. How do I share a folder on my home network so my Mac can see it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Seeing a Mac over a network

Seeing a Mac over a network: I'm using the latest version of windows 10 and cannot get my PC to recognize the Mac that is also on the network in file explorer. It does recognize the other PC on the network. All have the same workgroup name. The Mac recognizes both PC's. Bob...
  9. why can I no longer see other computers on my network?

why can I no longer see other computers on my network?: It seems ever since they(Microsoft) got rid of the homegroup I can no longer see other computers on my network. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/why-can-i-no-longer-see-other-computers-on-my/da8c492d-3223-47f7-b205-f22790627e72
  10. Can No longer see my wireless

Can No longer see my wireless: Hellow guys, Am new here please bear with me...... I have just upgraded from windows 8 to windows 10 Home. Since then my Wireless network is not showing up. I have several networks, others are shown just fine...Only one network is missing. I have co-workers with...