Windows 10: I can no longer sync AOL mail in Win 10

Discus and support I can no longer sync AOL mail in Win 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have tried every fix on the internet. All of a sudden I cannot add AOL mail in Win 10. It keeps saying settings are out of date, but I can't see how... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SUSANR5, Feb 27, 2021.

1. SUSANR5 Win User

I can no longer sync AOL mail in Win 10

I have tried every fix on the internet. All of a sudden I cannot add AOL mail in Win 10. It keeps saying settings are out of date, but I can't see how I have changed all IMAP setting, I have changed the PW many times, nothing works

:)

SUSANR5, Feb 27, 2021

2. Getting AOL Mail to work with Win 10 mail App

If AOL Mail is not working in win 10 Mail, try this:

Remove AOL account from Win 10 Mail

Login to AOL Online . Under your name select "Account Info"

On the left select "account security"

at the bottom hover curser over "manage App and Passwords

Click "Generate Password" A Window opens with "Select App"

"Choose Outlook Desktop" Then click Generate. You will get a code.
    Highlight and COPY You will need to paste it later.
    ----------------------------------------------------------

Now open Win 10 Mail. Create account using "Other account POP/ IMAP"

No need to select Advanced. Win 10 enters correct Port #s etc.

Enter your Info using your AOL Address and Password. Let Win 10 create account.

After a few seconds you will get a warning Symbol for the Account. Right Click and select "Fix Account"

HERE IS WHERE YOU ENTER THE CODE YOU COPIED FROM THE STEPS ABOVE IN THE PASSWORD BOX.

Mail should now start working. Tried this on 3 Win 10 OCs and all worked.

OwnerGforce, Feb 27, 2021
  3. tonykrum Win User
    Syncing AOL email acct

Just upgraded to Windows 10. Initially my AOL email acct synced and I could access via the Mail Tile. However, it is no longer working. I deleted the acct and started over, but it is not working. Any assistance or suggestions are greatly appreciated.
    Thank you

tonykrum, Feb 27, 2021
  4. I can no longer sync AOL mail in Win 10

Mail App no longer syncing

Hello TheLir,

The issue might arise due to mail app corruption, firewall from the security software hindering the network connection or due a proxy server internet connection

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Are you getting any error messages?

Meanwhile, I'd recommend performing the suggested steps in this article
    to resolve sync issues on Windows 10 Mail app.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Feb 27, 2021
Thema:

I can no longer sync AOL mail in Win 10

1. I can no longer sync AOL mail in Win 10 - Similar Threads - longer sync AOL

2. aol will not sync in windows mail?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    aol will not sync in windows mail?: windows mail will not sync with my aolplease help or tell me it will no longer work with aol https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/aol-will-not-sync-in-windows-mail/2a8c570a-e708-410d-bfce-c5b98bfc22de
  3. aol will not sync in windows mail?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    aol will not sync in windows mail?: windows mail will not sync with my aolplease help or tell me it will no longer work with aol https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/aol-will-not-sync-in-windows-mail/2a8c570a-e708-410d-bfce-c5b98bfc22de
  4. sync email aol to windows mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sync email aol to windows mail: when opening inbox with windows it says I need to sync my accounts, how-where-why https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sync-email-aol-to-windows-mail/3ee44afb-7c84-46ba-bfb9-4ed8e7c06d9a
  5. sync email aol to windows mail

sync email aol to windows mail: when opening inbox with windows it says I need to sync my accounts, how-where-why https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sync-email-aol-to-windows-mail/3ee44afb-7c84-46ba-bfb9-4ed8e7c06d9a
  6. Cannot sync aol mail on surface windows 10;

Cannot sync aol mail on surface windows 10;: Removed aol and reinstalled, changed password, updates current https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-sync-aol-mail-on-surface-windows-10/bcb82e46-40e5-43e5-9949-08f50672ae19
  7. My AOL mail will no longer sync in Microsoft Mail.

My AOL mail will no longer sync in Microsoft Mail.: My AOL mail will no longer sync in Microsoft Mail. This was never a problem until recently. When looking at the inbox screen, I can see my other synced accounts but there is a triangle with an exclamation point in it next to AOL. I have attempted to troubleshoot it in many...
  8. Mail App. Aol stopped syncing.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mail App. Aol stopped syncing.: I use the mail app on windows so I can check all my email accounts in one spot. Today it keeps telling me that there is a problem with my AOL account. It says my AOL settings are out of date. I go to my account through the app and it asks me to type in my password and I do....
  9. AOL Mail not syncing since upgrade

in Windows 10 Customization
    AOL Mail not syncing since upgrade: My AOL mail will not SYNC with "New Notifications" in Action Center since the automatic 1809 update on December 15, 2018. I've tried everything to solve problem and still will not download. I did noticed when in Manage My Acct there are 16 bubbles in password that I know is...
  10. AOL Mail not syncing on Outlook

in Windows 10 Customization
    AOL Mail not syncing on Outlook: I've been running AOL Mail on Outlook for years. In the several weeks it has stopped automatically syncing received and sent emails. When I try to force a sync using "update folders" I get this error message: Task "synchronising subscribed folders …..; reported error...