Windows 10: I can not arrange my desktop icons I have disactivated auto arranged

Discus and support I can not arrange my desktop icons I have disactivated auto arranged in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I need some help,I can not arrange my desktop icons, I tried everything like restarting the pc, check updates, windows health check with cmd but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AliMuhammad449, May 21, 2021.

1. I can not arrange my desktop icons I have disactivated auto arranged

Hello, I need some help,I can not arrange my desktop icons, I tried everything like restarting the pc, check updates, windows health check with cmd but nothing worked. This is how does my icon look like I cannot do nothing and when I try to move them it just bug more and more.

:)

AliMuhammad449, May 21, 2021

2. auto arrange icon desktop , why ?

Hi,

I would suggest you to try the steps and check if it helps.

a) Right click on Desktop.

b) Click on View.

c) Uncheck both "Arrange icons to grid" and "Auto arrange icons".

d) Restart the computer and check if it helps.

Anannya Podder, May 21, 2021
  3. desktop icon arrangement

Hello,

Kindly further elaborate your concern, to assist you better.

In the meantime, you may follow the step below to see if this would address your concern:

• Right-click on your desktop > Click View.

Note: If you want to manually arrange your desktop icons uncheck Auto arrange icons
    then drag your icons depending on where you want to place them on your desktop. If you want your icons to be aligned to the grid, check
    Align icons to grid.

Let us know what happens after.

Regile Reb, May 21, 2021
  4. I can not arrange my desktop icons I have disactivated auto arranged

Desktop icons auto arranging, auto arrange is OFF.

Original title: Windows 10 - Icons moving

About every hour, the file icons on my desktop would move as if auto arranged. Icons will also move from screen 2 to screen 1. My quicklaunch icons will suddenly show the text for the icon (text had been turned off). The auto arrange function is not turned
    on.

John Maggi, May 21, 2021
Thema:

I can not arrange my desktop icons I have disactivated auto arranged

1. I can not arrange my desktop icons I have disactivated auto arranged - Similar Threads - arrange desktop icons

2. Why is auto arrange for desktop randomly organizing my icons?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is auto arrange for desktop randomly organizing my icons?: I've had auto arrange on for years, but never used any of the sorting options because I manually sorted the icons to my liking. Within the last 2 weeks, it's now been sorting my icons to a random order, but when I manually put them back, and my desktop refreshes, it just goes...
  3. Why is auto arrange for desktop randomly organizing my icons?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is auto arrange for desktop randomly organizing my icons?: I've had auto arrange on for years, but never used any of the sorting options because I manually sorted the icons to my liking. Within the last 2 weeks, it's now been sorting my icons to a random order, but when I manually put them back, and my desktop refreshes, it just goes...
  4. Auto Arrange Desktop Icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto Arrange Desktop Icons: I am on Windows 10 version 20H2.Desktop Icons are arranged in a scattered manner A-Z should be auto arranged but it is arranged as A-Z A-Z, there are two starting of the sorting order. How to make this sorting order to be singular and every icon on the desktop gets arranged...
  5. Refreshing Desktop auto arranges Desktop Icons!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Refreshing Desktop auto arranges Desktop Icons!: I'm running Windows 10 Pro (version 1803 OS Build 17134.228 - a/o Aug 15, 2018) It appears some recent update has decided to ignore my Desktop settings and auto arrange all my Desktop Icons whenever I refresh my Desktop (right click background / left click Refresh) even...
  6. Desktop icon arrangement problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icon arrangement problem: I have 2 questions as following 1. When I move icons on desktop to replace some icon, it doesn't replace respectively as shown in the figures below. [ATTACH] [IMG] but What I want is. [ATTACH] 2. When I move icons to replace the last one of the row, it doesn't...
  7. Desktop Icons - Can't align to grid/Auto-arrange

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icons - Can't align to grid/Auto-arrange: My desktop icons are aligning on the left of my desktop. When I try to move them, they snap back to where they were. So, I tried right-clicking the desktop thinking I would uncheck "Align icons to grid". That option was not checked, and neither was "Auto arrange icons". I...
  8. Auto Arrange

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto Arrange: Anybody find a fix to disable auto arrange for items in a folder??? This is after the CU update??? 86428
  9. auto arrange

in Windows 10 Support
    auto arrange: Has anybody figured out how to put files inside a folder, in the order you want them instead of Win 10 putting them in the order it wants?? This is after CU..... thanks tom 88107
  10. auto arrange

in Windows 10 Support
    auto arrange: I just downloaded bat file to stop auto arrange and now my screen is blank! WTH? I was trying to arrange a manuscript to send to editor. 25424