Windows 10: I can not change my background

Discus and support I can not change my background in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have tried all the 3 steps that are given on your website and I don't know what to do anymore. When I select a new wallpaper it comes on my screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Yvonne SVA, Apr 2, 2023.

1. I can not change my background

I have tried all the 3 steps that are given on your website and I don't know what to do anymore. When I select a new wallpaper it comes on my screen for 2 seconds and then changes back to the old one.

:)

Yvonne SVA, Apr 2, 2023

2. changing the background images

Hi,

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• Have you made any changes on the computer prior to the issue?
    • Are you referring to desktop background image or lock screen image?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the background picture and check if it helps.

• In the search type as ‘Settings’ and click on it.
    • Select ‘Personalization’, under ‘Background’ option select as ‘Picture’.
    • Under ‘Choose your picture’ select any picture accordingly or you can browse the picture from your computer.

You may refer to the below link and check if it helps.

Change desktop background and colors - Microsoft Support

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Apr 2, 2023
  3. Lex Del Win User
    Background cannot be changed

Hi,

To change the background on your Windows 10 Mobile, please follow the steps below:

• Open Settings, and tap on Personalization.
    • Tap on Start.
    • Tap on the drop-down list under Choose a background.
    • Select your preferred background and click apply.

Let us know how it goes.

Lex Del, Apr 2, 2023
  4. I can not change my background

Slideshow as desktop background.

Hi Marilyn,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Logo Key + I. Then click on Personalization.
    • Click on Background to change it.
    For reference:

Change desktop background and colors - Microsoft Support

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Apr 2, 2023
Thema:

I can not change my background

1. I can not change my background - Similar Threads - change background

2. Pictures won't appear for selection when I try to change background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pictures won't appear for selection when I try to change background: I've been trying to change my lock screen and wallpaper, but when I go to click a picture or even a folder -- no photos show up. It appears on my laptop, but just not when I try to change my background. I saw this same question and there was an answer, but the command ran...
  3. Pictures won't appear for selection when I try to change background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pictures won't appear for selection when I try to change background: I've been trying to change my lock screen and wallpaper, but when I go to click a picture or even a folder -- no photos show up. It appears on my laptop, but just not when I try to change my background. I saw this same question and there was an answer, but the command ran...
  4. Pictures won't appear for selection when I try to change background

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Why has my background picture changed?

Why has my background picture changed?: I don't mind the first lock screen picture changes, but I had a personal picture set up as my background after I unlocked it. How do I get back my personal picture and stop the Microsoft updates from changing my Settings....
  6. Why has my background picture changed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why has my background picture changed?: I don't mind the first lock screen picture changes, but I had a personal picture set up as my background after I unlocked it. How do I get back my personal picture and stop the Microsoft updates from changing my Settings....
  7. Why has my background picture changed?

8. Lock screen background not changing

Lock screen background not changing: When I was changing my lock screen background, I was expecting to see a slideshow of pictures I taken but instead I was greeted with a Windows XP background. I am so confused on why this had happened as I have absolutely no idea how this has happened as well as I already had...
  9. Lock screen background not changing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock screen background not changing: When I was changing my lock screen background, I was expecting to see a slideshow of pictures I taken but instead I was greeted with a Windows XP background. I am so confused on why this had happened as I have absolutely no idea how this has happened as well as I already had...
  10. Lock screen background not changing