Windows 10: I can not configure 1 PC on my network to a Static IP - only DHCP

Discus and support I can not configure 1 PC on my network to a Static IP - only DHCP in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello: I had my PC (Windows 10 Pro - V21H1 Build 19043.1165 Experience 120.2212.3530..0 64 bit) configured with a static IP address and it was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Angry User, Aug 12, 2021.

1. I can not configure 1 PC on my network to a Static IP - only DHCP

Hello: I had my PC (Windows 10 Pro - V21H1 Build 19043.1165 Experience 120.2212.3530..0 64 bit) configured with a static IP address and it was cooperating with my Router - ASUS RT AC 5300, until I flashed an update to the firmware MerlinWRT V. RT-AC5300_386.3_0. All the other PCs that had static IPs work just fine afterwards, except for 1 PC - the problem PC. I am able to configure a dhcp connection on the problem PC after the update, but not a static IP. I only have IP V4 enabled on the PC and router - IP V6 is not enabled. The network status page says I am connected to my network but not the internet. However, I can not access my router interface or ping the router from the problem PC. So far, I have: reset the connection (at the bottom of the network status page)reconfigured the IP V4 properties to reflect a valid static IP, gateway, subnet and DNS in the adapter settings.edited the IP V4 properties to reflect the same valid static IP, subnet prefix length gateway,and DNS in the properties portion page (why does Windows 10 have 2 different methods of entering a Static IP with different credetials?)tried disabling each of option 2 & 3 and just going with each configuration and then both.rebooted the router and Problem PC at the same time and separately, countless times.Disconnected from the network and reconnected countless timesrun the network troubleshooter several times only to be told that dhcp will fix all my problemsdeleted all the network Hardware in Device Manager (including hidden devices) and let windows reinstall them all with up-to-date drivers.used ipconfig / release / renew / flushdns. I need a static IP and do not want to go to reserving an IP in the router for this problem PC. I don't want this to turn into a discussion on the merits of static vs dhcp vs reserved addresses. Is there anything that I am missing on why this one PC is being so difficult? Thank You in advance

:)

Angry User, Aug 12, 2021

2. Static IP on Lumia 950.

Hi,

Follow the steps below and check if the features to apply static IP is available in your device.

• Navigate to settings.
    • Search or navigate to “Wi-Fi”.
    • Scroll all the way down and tap “static ip”.
    • Turn on “Configure network settings manually”.
    • Key in the IP address, subnet mask and other details

Note: Do remember that your router / DHCP should support allocating static IP for this feature to work.

If the above feature is not available then your model may not support the same.

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Aug 12, 2021
  3. DHCP on a static IP Network

Hi All. I have a static IP environment setup My router is alo assigned a static ip address and that is used as the internet gateway. I also have various wifi access points set up but the one I need to use for this question is a Ubiquiti Unifi Access point.
    I have one device I would like to grant access to the network via wifi. This device unfortunately only supports DHCP connections and while it does connect to the access point it cannot use the gateway for internet access. I'm guessing it's expecting the settings
    from the access point but since the ap is connected to the static network with manual settings its not broadcasting them to the device. The Unifi Ap can broadcast up to 4 wireless networks and each can be set up differently. Is there a way to get the ap to
    broadcast to my device using its built in dhcp server and still facilitate internet access through my static network's gateway?

Jo

JohanLe Roux, Aug 12, 2021
  4. Anne Ros Win User

I can not configure 1 PC on my network to a Static IP - only DHCP

DHCP on a static IP Network

Hi Jo,

Some types of servers need a designated IP address and subnet mask upon setup, which includes DHCP servers, DNS servers, or any other server that provides access to the Internet. If you are connected to a domain, then we suggest referring to this article
    we've found from our TechNet forum on
    how to configure DHCP server static IP address

If you still need further assistance, you can also post directly here on our
    Microsoft TechNet Windows 10 Networking Forum
    so our IT Professional can give additional solutions to help resolve the
    issue.

Let us know if you need anything else. We're here to help.

Anne Ros, Aug 12, 2021
Thema:

I can not configure 1 PC on my network to a Static IP - only DHCP

1. I can not configure 1 PC on my network to a Static IP - only DHCP - Similar Threads - configure network Static

2. A question about DHCP and static IP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A question about DHCP and static IP: Hello,In a local network that computers get IP addresses from a DHCP server, if someone set a static IP on his\her network adapter, then is it possible for the DHCP server to give the IP address that this user manually set on his network card to another computer?Thank you....
  3. A question about DHCP and static IP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A question about DHCP and static IP: Hello,In a local network that computers get IP addresses from a DHCP server, if someone set a static IP on his\her network adapter, then is it possible for the DHCP server to give the IP address that this user manually set on his network card to another computer?Thank you....
  4. A question about DHCP and static IP

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. DHCP reverting back to a static IP after reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DHCP reverting back to a static IP after reboot: This should be simple but I had a static IP set for patching and such. Moved to DHCP and now after every reboot it is reverting back to static IP. Ive tried setting to DHCP and /release and ./renew but just sets it to the same static IP.Any thought...
  6. Windows randomly changes static IP to DHCP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows randomly changes static IP to DHCP: The setup I'm using requires a static IP.From time to time, haven't figured out any pattern, Windows 10 changes it back to DHCP. Sometimes the "new" settings menu shows DHCP, while the old style Control Panel > Network still shows the values I've set to.Any ideas what can be...
  7. Windows randomly changes static IP to DHCP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows randomly changes static IP to DHCP: The setup I'm using requires a static IP.From time to time, haven't figured out any pattern, Windows 10 changes it back to DHCP. Sometimes the "new" settings menu shows DHCP, while the old style Control Panel > Network still shows the values I've set to.Any ideas what can be...
  8. Windows randomly changes static IP to DHCP

9. ERROR PRINTING IN WINDOWS 10 WITH IP FOR DHCP BUT WORKING WITH STATIC IP

in Windows 10 Customization
    ERROR PRINTING IN WINDOWS 10 WITH IP FOR DHCP BUT WORKING WITH STATIC IP: Hello I have a laptop with windows 10 and this laptop can not print with a printer in the same subnet Printer ip address: 192.168.10.25 laptop ip: 192.168.10.32 for dhcp The laptop have connectivity to the printer but i can not print (Just show error in printing). If i...
  10. Static IP adress vs DHCP

Static IP adress vs DHCP: Hi I've just updated a W7 machine to W10. The update has take all the settings from W7 and the machine was operating without problem before the update. When running W7 the machine had a static IP address of 192.168.1.1 and all of the other machines could access the...