Windows 10: I can not delete a file and it is corruptting windows defender and windows update

Discus and support I can not delete a file and it is corruptting windows defender and windows update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I am jimmy, a long time ago I installed BitDefender cause I wanted to check which is better of the twowin defender and bit defender the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RMK67, Oct 24, 2020.

1. RMK67 Win User

I can not delete a file and it is corruptting windows defender and windows update

Hi, I am jimmy,

a long time ago I installed BitDefender cause I wanted to check which is better of the twowin defender and bit defender the installation of bitD was a little weird but after the install, I scanned the PC and found a ton of viruses so after deleting all the threads I called it for the day. The other day I wanted to uninstall bitD and stick with winD but it took like 45 minutes to do that I was worried but after it ended I wanted to check on winD but it was blank nothing was showing no icons anything at all and windows update was corrupted it kept giving me some error codes i search them on the Microsoft assistant page and it kept giving me commands like restore health and scf scan but it done nothink i opened the control pannel and bit defender and bit defender agent was still installed so i unistalled them nothink happend the problem was not fixed so i got to the bit defender page and found some removal tools for it i installed every one of those but it said that i finished with errors so what i did is found a file called "Bitdefender Antivirus Free" in this directory "C:\Program Files" i cound not delete it for some reason so i held the shift key right clicked on the folder and cliked delete but there was an other error and it said this "The action can't be completed because the file is open in PresentMon_x64.exe" the file was called antimalware-provider64.dll and here is its directory "C:\Program Files\Bitdefender Antivirus Free\bdamsi\264753142589852704" please help me me pc now does not have any proted and i cant download any windows update any help will be apprecheated thank you.

:)

RMK67, Oct 24, 2020
  2. P4-630 Win User

SEtting up automatic updates for windows defender on windows 8

I have found this on the internet en have set up a task for automatic definitions update for Windows Defender but a window pops up when this starts to run.
    Is there a way to set this without any window popping up so that it just runs in the background?

Now I'm using
    "C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun.exe" -SignatureUpdate -MMPC

I'm currrently using it as described here:
    https://forum.raymond.cc/threads/let-your-windows-8-defender-update-itself-automatically.34359/

P4-630, Oct 24, 2020
  3. malware Win User
    Microsoft Windows Home Server Corrupts Files

Microsoft has warned Windows Home Server users not to edit files stored on their backup systems with several of its programs, including Vista Photo Gallery and Office's OneNote and Outlook, as well as files generated by popular finance software such as Quicken and QuickBooks. "When you use certain programs to edit files on a home computer that uses Windows Home Server, the files may become corrupted when you save them to the home server," Microsoft said in a support document posted last week. The document went on to list the software, which includes Windows Vista Photo Gallery, Windows Live Photo Gallery, OneNote 2003, OneNote 2007, Outlook 2007, Microsoft Money 2007 and SyncToy 2.0 Beta. Others programs, however, may also corrupt files stored on a home server powered by Microsoft's operating system. "Additionally, there have been customer reports of issues with Torrent applications, with Intuit Quicken and with QuickBooks program files," the document said. "Until an update for Windows Home Server is available, we recommend that [you] do not use the programs that are listed to save or to edit program-specific files that are stored on a Windows Home Server-based system."

Source: Computerworld

malware, Oct 24, 2020
  4. I can not delete a file and it is corruptting windows defender and windows update

Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Oct 24, 2020
Thema:

I can not delete a file and it is corruptting windows defender and windows update

1. I can not delete a file and it is corruptting windows defender and windows update - Similar Threads - delete file corruptting

2. If I deleted window defender file permenetly how can I get that file again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If I deleted window defender file permenetly how can I get that file again: Name Sreekumar Laptop windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-deleted-window-defender-file-permenetly-how/73f832f0-b629-48bb-b290-0e3692e68ea2
  3. If I deleted window defender file permenetly how can I get that file again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    If I deleted window defender file permenetly how can I get that file again: Name Sreekumar Laptop windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-deleted-window-defender-file-permenetly-how/73f832f0-b629-48bb-b290-0e3692e68ea2
  4. If I deleted window defender file permenetly how can I get that file again

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Deleting corrupted files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting corrupted files: I have a USB drive stick which has somehow got some corrupted folders - see below screens shot. I have no idea how these folders arose, and am trying to delete them. when I try to delete them in MS dos it fails, saying the syntax is wrong - even though it delete the...
  6. Latest Windows 10 Update deleted files and corrupted computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest Windows 10 Update deleted files and corrupted computer: Immediately after installing latest Windows 10 update, my computer would power on and the mouse would work until it was fully rebooted and then the mouse would become unresponsive. Control alt delete would not work. I would have to shut computer off using power button....
  7. How can i delete a corrupted or unreadable file?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can i delete a corrupted or unreadable file?: Hey so i was gonna play a game on steam but one of the files somehow got corrupted, i tried deleting it with cmd but it just said that it was corrupted, i read everywhere but nothing works. It's the only file that's corrupted, everything else is fine. Can someone please...
  8. Defender Files Corrupted

Defender Files Corrupted: This morning when I opened my laptop it force restarted and went into repair mode. When it finally restarted I had no internet connection at all for about ten minutes (with LAN attached), though it said I did. Nothing worked. Finally Chrome started getting connection and...
  9. Windows Defender corrupt files

Windows Defender corrupt files: Hi I have been having issues with my Ethernet and someone from the community suggested that since the issue might be because of corrupt Windows defender files. Reasons it could be because of Windows defender: 1. When I navigate to Firewall & Network Protection I get 3...
  10. How can I delete this corrupted file?

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I delete this corrupted file?: Hello Everyone! So today I was trying to rotate a picture in the Windows 10 "Pictures" app, and as weird as it sounds, it didn't rotate the picture. I closed the window, and that's when I discovered that the file became undeletable, and uneditable. It wasn't a virus (the...