Windows 10: I can not delete a folder.

Discus and support I can not delete a folder. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After moving all my files to a new folder I can not delete the old one. So here's my story. My user folder is incorrectly spelled Zebed instead of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ZebedeeStowers, Sep 6, 2019.

1. I can not delete a folder.

After moving all my files to a new folder I can not delete the old one.

So here's my story. My user folder is incorrectly spelled Zebed instead of Zebedee. So I made a new folder and moved everything. After moving everything to the new folder named Zebedee I realized that I could not delete the old Zebed folder and found out you would need to mess with the registry.

So after some time, I decided to move everything back to the original Zebed folder and live without the extra e's in my name I can not delete a folder. :) but when trying to delete the newer folder Zebedee I can not.

I am the administrator.

I can not delete a folder. 7bb3fd03-ba90-43c6-a992-6bffd3637430?upload=true.png

Please help!

I have tried changing permisions in security and done some scans in cmd but I have no idea what im doing.

:)

ZebedeeStowers, Sep 6, 2019

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused I can not delete a folder. :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well I can not delete a folder. :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Sep 6, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Sep 6, 2019
  4. I can not delete a folder.

Delete a file folder.

In such cases it is often possible to use this 3-step process:

1. Move the folder to C:\
    2. Reboot
    3. Delete the folder

Frederik Long, Sep 6, 2019
Thema:

I can not delete a folder.

1. I can not delete a folder. - Similar Threads - delete folder

2. Folder titled “connect” appeared on my desktop a few minutes ago, cannot delete

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder titled “connect” appeared on my desktop a few minutes ago, cannot delete: I was using my laptop and suddenly a folder titled “connect” appeared on my desktop. It contains another folder called “logs,” and within logs there are 2 text documents that are just a line of gibberish. Not knowing what the file was, I tried deleting it from the desktop...
  3. Laptop updated and disabled apps from opening, deleted history and saved folders

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop updated and disabled apps from opening, deleted history and saved folders: Since my laptop update on 17.07.2021, I've been unable to open apps Microsoft Store and several others. I've been doing research and all my tabs were deleted and I did not get the option to restore. The history list was blank.Folders that were in my document were also...
  4. How to Restore Deleted PRINTERS Folder Under Windows/system32/spool

How to Restore Deleted PRINTERS Folder Under Windows/system32/spool: Hi,I don't know if I'm posting this in the right place. I'm a home user using Windows 10. I was trying to clear a queued print job that wouldn't go away, searched for instructions online, and ended up accidentally deleting the PRINTERS folder under Windows/system32/spool. Now...
  5. Deleted Downloads folder

Deleted Downloads folder: I tried to shred a single file in the Downloads folder using Avast File Shredder but the entire Downloads folder and all of it's contents was deleted. Now when I click on the File Explorer button in the task bar the Downloads shortcut button is still in the ladder on the left...
  6. Accidentally Deleted Downloads folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Accidentally Deleted Downloads folder: I was trying to move my downloads folder to another position on the left navigation folder tree, and I ended up accidentally deleting it. I managed to sort of restore it, but now I have three downloads folder, two of which don't open. When I try to open them, I get a...
  7. Can't delete a file from Downloads folder which appears to be impacting other files in folder

Can't delete a file from Downloads folder which appears to be impacting other files in folder: A strange file has shown up in my Downloads folder. The file has a VERY long name and shows as a pdf file. While it might not otherwise bother me, it is having a strange impact on other files in that folder. Specifically, I have downloaded a .zip installation file which must...
  8. Can't delete local copy of OneDrive folder: "Sync Pending"

Can't delete local copy of OneDrive folder: "Sync Pending": I have a subfolder in my local OneDriver folder that I would like to delete. However, its status is "sync pending", which makes it impossible to change anything about the folder.While I am aware that there is a bug fix KB4550945, it's over a year old, which makes me doubt...
  9. Problem with reinstalling uwp apps after deleting uwp apps folder

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with reinstalling uwp apps after deleting uwp apps folder: Please keep in mind I don't want to reset at all costs.One day I corrupted the WindowsApps folder permissions and probably some other folders I don't know about right now, after many tries to fix it I decided to delete it, uninstall most uwp apps, and then try again. I didn't...
  10. Deleted folder reappears automatically.

Deleted folder reappears automatically.: Hi, One particular folder which is on my external hard disk reappears itself after I delete it. I even emptied the recycle bin, but the folder appears again. This happens to only that particular folder. I have deleted other files and folders but none of them reappear.Thank...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to delete windows files i dont need