Windows 10: I can not delete anything from PC

Discus and support I can not delete anything from PC in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My computer does not allow me to delete files. It gives me an error: "Windows Cannot Access the Specified Device Path or File. Not Appropriate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Nicki ClerkMS, May 13, 2020.

1. I can not delete anything from PC

My computer does not allow me to delete files. It gives me an error: "Windows Cannot Access the Specified Device Path or File. Not Appropriate Permission Error."

:)

Nicki ClerkMS, May 13, 2020

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, May 13, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, May 13, 2020
  4. bestellen Win User

I can not delete anything from PC

Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, May 13, 2020
Thema:

I can not delete anything from PC

1. I can not delete anything from PC - Similar Threads - delete anything

2. Forced to sign into user profile after reset which deleted user profile. Is there anything...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Forced to sign into user profile after reset which deleted user profile. Is there anything...: As I said in the question I reset my pc from the settings deleting all files and once it was finished resetting, the pc asked me to sign into my user profile with no other options. Every-time I sign into my profile the pc says user profile service failed sign in as it cannot...
  3. Forced to sign into user profile after reset which deleted user profile. Is there anything...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forced to sign into user profile after reset which deleted user profile. Is there anything...: As I said in the question I reset my pc from the settings deleting all files and once it was finished resetting, the pc asked me to sign into my user profile with no other options. Every-time I sign into my profile the pc says user profile service failed sign in as it cannot...
  4. Forced to sign into user profile after reset which deleted user profile. Is there anything...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I can delete all I want, but adding anything to Volume E will result in complete lockdowns.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can delete all I want, but adding anything to Volume E will result in complete lockdowns.: When I install something, i will experience long periods of 100% spin and 0b data transfers. It does eventually clear, but it will return at random timesmoving the laptop around doesn't initiate it. I finally got frustrated with the fact that I couldn't install ANYTHING in...
  6. I can delete all I want, but adding anything to Volume E will result in complete lockdowns.

I can delete all I want, but adding anything to Volume E will result in complete lockdowns.: When I install something, i will experience long periods of 100% spin and 0b data transfers. It does eventually clear, but it will return at random timesmoving the laptop around doesn't initiate it. I finally got frustrated with the fact that I couldn't install ANYTHING in...
  7. I can delete all I want, but adding anything to Volume E will result in complete lockdowns.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. My screen is locked and will not let me do anything. If I do call all delete it shows a...

My screen is locked and will not let me do anything. If I do call all delete it shows a...: My screen is locked and will not let me do anything. If I do control alt delete it shows a square around the word LOCK. How do I unlock it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-screen-is-locked-and-will-not-let-me-do/47740264-4eea-4775-87a6-c2b07bb616eb
  9. My screen is locked and will not let me do anything. If I do call all delete it shows a...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My screen is locked and will not let me do anything. If I do call all delete it shows a...: My screen is locked and will not let me do anything. If I do control alt delete it shows a square around the word LOCK. How do I unlock it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-screen-is-locked-and-will-not-let-me-do/47740264-4eea-4775-87a6-c2b07bb616eb
  10. My screen is locked and will not let me do anything. If I do call all delete it shows a...

in Windows 10 Gaming