Windows 10: I can not "downgrade" to Windows 10 Home after upgrading unwittingly to Windows 10 Pro.

Discus and support I can not "downgrade" to Windows 10 Home after upgrading unwittingly to Windows 10 Pro. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; For some reason, my Windows 10 Home has magically upgraded itself to Pro, only of course I do not have the product key for Pro, so it will not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CarlosGali, Apr 9, 2020.

1. I can not "downgrade" to Windows 10 Home after upgrading unwittingly to Windows 10 Pro.

For some reason, my Windows 10 Home has magically upgraded itself to Pro, only of course I do not have the product key for Pro, so it will not activate. I do not want Windows 10 Pro because I do not need it and do not have much money
    How can I "downgrade" to Home so the system will correctly reactivate itself?
    I have tried all the methods with the DVD I created with the Media Creation Tool.
    For example, I cannot do a clean install of Windows 10 Home - which is what most people suggest - because when I run the DVD, in the step when whether introducing or not the product key it gives me error messages when trying to install it.

:)

CarlosGali, Apr 9, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Apr 9, 2020
  3. Frick Win User
    Windows 10 Release Date Announced

Windows 10 Home will be $119, Pro $199.

Microsoft: Windows 10 Home costs $119, Pro costs $199

Which is good news actually, because Windows 8.1 is loads cheaper than previous versions (retail licensing at Windows 7 OEM prices). And it sort of puts a huge hole in the Windows subscription theory.

Frick, Apr 9, 2020
  4. Mussels Win User

I can not "downgrade" to Windows 10 Home after upgrading unwittingly to Windows 10 Pro.

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Apr 9, 2020
Thema:

I can not "downgrade" to Windows 10 Home after upgrading unwittingly to Windows 10 Pro.

1. I can not "downgrade" to Windows 10 Home after upgrading unwittingly to Windows 10 Pro. - Similar Threads - downgrade Home upgrading

2. Upgraded Windows 11 Home to PRO and want to downgrade to 10 PRO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgraded Windows 11 Home to PRO and want to downgrade to 10 PRO: Is this even possible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgraded-windows-11-home-to-pro-and-want-to/b5f844c3-31c1-4a57-acca-ffaaae510327
  3. Upgraded Windows 11 Home to PRO and want to downgrade to 10 PRO

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgraded Windows 11 Home to PRO and want to downgrade to 10 PRO: Is this even possible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgraded-windows-11-home-to-pro-and-want-to/b5f844c3-31c1-4a57-acca-ffaaae510327
  4. Can i downgrade from windows 10 pro to home?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can i downgrade from windows 10 pro to home?: Hello guys, i have a laptop with a OEM windowsHome version installed on it, my hard drive gone and i must replace new hard drive, but i accidentally installed new windowsPro version- not activate. I have a few questions:1: Is there any way to downgrade from windows 10 pro to...
  5. Upgrading and downgrading windows 10 home to pro

Upgrading and downgrading windows 10 home to pro: I am having oem windows 10 home laptopsoftware pre installed by the laptop manufacturer, I am thinking to upgrade to windows 10 Pro, in feature I think to downgrade to old ome windows 10 home can I use old oem product keyproduct key pre activated by my laptop manufacturer....
  6. Windows 10 Pro downgrade to Windows 10 home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro downgrade to Windows 10 home: My windows 10 version automatically has upgraded to Windows 10 Pro. But my digital license was in Windows 10 Home. When I tried to downgrade the method that everybody is suggesting, which is changing the Registry and install using ISO image, I can't keep my personal files...
  7. How can I downgrade from windows 10 pro to home

How can I downgrade from windows 10 pro to home: Actually I have upgraded from windows 10 Home SL to Pro. So if I try to downgrade, the registry editor is not working. Please can the community help me with this issue?...
  8. Windows 10 pro to home downgrade

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 pro to home downgrade: When i initially bought my laptop, it had windows 10 home installed and activated by a digital key(i had paid for it). But a few days earlier, my laptop got stuck in a kind of bootloop. To get it repaired i gave my laptop to the retailer who deleted the windows 10 home, and...
  9. Downgrade windows 10 pro to home

Downgrade windows 10 pro to home: I recently upgraded from windows 10 home to pro but now i want to revert it and before upgrade i made a system image so can it revert my changes and my old licence of home edition ?...
  10. Windows 10 pro downgraded to home

Windows 10 pro downgraded to home: One of our laptops have a watermark for activating Windows. The troubleshooter told me I have to fill in a home license. Thats strange because it is a 10 pro laptop. He downgraded itself? On Google I found out it was a bug of Microsoft and it should be fixed. But not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. downgrade windows 10 pro to home