Windows 10: I can not find Cortana setttings

Discus and support I can not find Cortana setttings in Cortana to solve the problem; In my previous computer there was an part for Cortana to customize Cortana in settings. Now even I type in search box and there is no such a thing like... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Yakup Cesur, Oct 13, 2020.

1. I can not find Cortana setttings

In my previous computer there was an part for Cortana to customize Cortana in settings. Now even I type in search box and there is no such a thing like Cortana settings. Besides I can not set default apps for cortona. When I say "Play music" the response is like "I'm sorry, I can't control your music here." So could you please help me to fix it.

Ps: My location and region is set as US. I have tried to fix Cortana with Powershell but it did not worked as well.

I can not find Cortana setttings 4c6a5003-935e-4012-a7b5-f01947d3daad?upload=true.png I can not find Cortana setttings 449e75a9-35d1-4a00-b80d-684f00621712?upload=true.png

:)

Yakup Cesur, Oct 13, 2020
  2. Dewdrop_ Win User

Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, Oct 13, 2020
  3. Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Oct 13, 2020
  4. I can not find Cortana setttings

Cortana stopped showing my calendar events on cortana home

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Oct 13, 2020
Thema:

I can not find Cortana setttings

1. I can not find Cortana setttings - Similar Threads - find Cortana setttings

2. My Windows 11 cannot find Cortana. How do I find or reinstall Cortana? I already...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows 11 cannot find Cortana. How do I find or reinstall Cortana? I already...: My Windows 11 says Cortana is disabled. I've tried to enable, search file explorer, update, search store, search microsoft.com, search Ease of Access, Accessibility, and Troubleshoot.How do I enable or reinstall Cortana?...
  3. My Windows 11 cannot find Cortana. How do I find or reinstall Cortana? I already...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Windows 11 cannot find Cortana. How do I find or reinstall Cortana? I already...: My Windows 11 says Cortana is disabled. I've tried to enable, search file explorer, update, search store, search microsoft.com, search Ease of Access, Accessibility, and Troubleshoot.How do I enable or reinstall Cortana?...
  4. Presentation setttings missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Presentation setttings missing: When I open the Mobility Center, it offers options to set brightness, volume, battery, external display, and sync, but not presentation settings. How do I turn that on?...
  5. Setttings

Setttings: ok, so sometimes when i am using my laptop, it randoming just locks and hibernates, how do i fix this? plz help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setttings/a1571d16-49dd-4f07-823f-62d89d4c8a3c
  6. Can't find Cortana

in Cortana
    Can't find Cortana: Hi, I have a Dell win 10 laptop but Cortana is nowhere to be found here. I also have an hp win 10 laptop and there are no such issues there. Please help as soon as possible. Regards, Minahil...
  7. I can't find Cortana

in Cortana
    I can't find Cortana: I can't find Cortana anywhere on my laptop. I can search for Cortana and it'll come up with something from settings but when i click it it only goes back to search on my search cortana isn't there at all. cortana used to be there but i havent used it in ages and now i can't...
  8. sett a default program

sett a default program: How do I change a default settings to start different program from the one windows has set up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sett-a-default-program/be43c6d8-e710-4e31-ad7d-3e38c2501d88
  9. can cortana find emails by address ?

in Browsers and Email
    can cortana find emails by address ?: hi i have updated w10 to the last built anniversary update + last update i have some questions about cortana , can search between my received emails for example search last email sent by Paul smith ? i tried without luck is poweful like osx siri ? ps is there a list of...
  10. Nice article on Setttings Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Nice article on Setttings Menu: Fairly basic but seemly complete overview on on the Settings Menu for Windows 10, hopefully a little tidbit in here might help somebody. http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/control...ettings-guide/ TC *Smile 22222