Windows 10: I can not find my WD external hard drive on my newest computer to download?

Discus and support I can not find my WD external hard drive on my newest computer to download? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Can not find my WD external HD to download... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AnneFox1, Nov 30, 2018.

1. AnneFox1 Win User

I can not find my WD external hard drive on my newest computer to download?

Can not find my WD external HD to download

:)

AnneFox1, Nov 30, 2018
  2. cobrasl Win User

External Hard Drive (WD Elements) is visible in PW but not in explorer

followed steps..

the partition displayed as below...

I can not find my WD external hard drive on my newest computer to download? [​IMG]

as advised I selected "list".. and for a long time it was like this..

I can not find my WD external hard drive on my newest computer to download? [​IMG]

cobrasl, Nov 30, 2018
  3. Windows 10 not finding WD passport external hard drive

Hi Shirley,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that the external drive is not detecting in Windows 10. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• Is the issue specific to the WD external drive or any other devices also?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • Did you try connecting it to any other devices and check what is the result?
    Please post us back with more information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Nov 30, 2018
  4. Remon Ont Win User

External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Nov 30, 2018
Thema:

1. I can not find my WD external hard drive on my newest computer to download? - Similar Threads - find external hard

2. Computer not recognizing new WD My Passport 2tb external hard drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer not recognizing new WD My Passport 2tb external hard drive.: I need help with an external hard drive not working on my laptop computer. The external drive is a WD My Passport 2tb. I'm running Windows 11. I am not a computer literate when it comes to something not working right out of the box. I did try several "hacks" recommended on...
  3. Computer not recognizing new WD My Passport 2tb external hard drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer not recognizing new WD My Passport 2tb external hard drive.: I need help with an external hard drive not working on my laptop computer. The external drive is a WD My Passport 2tb. I'm running Windows 11. I am not a computer literate when it comes to something not working right out of the box. I did try several "hacks" recommended on...
  4. My WD external hard drive stopped showing in my laptop....

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My WD external hard drive stopped showing in my laptop....: I was transferring a large no of data from my external hard drive to another external hard drive...and when I transfer, some large files cannot be copied and it said, can't access the files.I had to go inside that folder and transfer the small files one by one..@ some points...
  5. External WD hard drive doesn't show in My Computer or Disk Management

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External WD hard drive doesn't show in My Computer or Disk Management: [Windows 10 ver 1909 18363.1256] Hello everyone. I plugged my Western Digital Elements 2TB yesterday (the first time in months) to find that it did not show in My Computer. I took it out and reconnected the device, no luck. It doesn't show in Disk Management either. The...
  6. WD My passport External hard drive not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WD My passport External hard drive not working: The name and bar showing up shows fine, but when I try to download something it automatically goes to the C:/original hard drive. It ends up saying disk space full because my disk space on C:/ is full. How do I set up My Passport so it can take in files?...
  7. My WD Passport external hard drive won't open

My WD Passport external hard drive won't open: My WD Passport external hard drive won't open. It's listed in device manager and in the properties is listed as "working properly". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-wd-passport-external-hard-drive-wont-open/dac92589-6d55-43ae-a9b0-6e14014b17d8
  8. My WD Passport external hard drive won't open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My WD Passport external hard drive won't open: I've tried all of the recommendations posted and none have worked. What else can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-wd-passport-external-hard-drive-wont-open/4cb1db83-c269-4d71-8fe2-e7c9e11a1155
  9. My computer does not recognize my WD external hard drive

My computer does not recognize my WD external hard drive: My computer does not recognize my WD external hard drive. I've tried to go into Disk Management and I cannot find anything that helps. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-does-not-recognize-my-wd-external-hard/aa33b279-5a52-46cb-b976-51aed92b90c1
  10. WD My Passport external hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WD My Passport external hard drive: I am CONSTANTLY prompted to Re-Connect my Backup harddrive bc some files did not backup. I try to look at files but cant open and the files are tiny. SHOULD I BE WORRIED ABOUT TROJAN FILES ? Are they old orphan files from some uninstalled app. I KNOW, a list of files and...