Windows 10: I can NOT for life of me get my Brother Printer online, Please Help?????

Discus and support I can NOT for life of me get my Brother Printer online, Please Help????? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I can NOT for life of me get my Brother Printer online......Printer works for my ipad, iphone and my daughters computer window 10same as mine.I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Nickii.8452, Dec 6, 2022.

1. I can NOT for life of me get my Brother Printer online, Please Help?????

I can NOT for life of me get my Brother Printer online......Printer works for my ipad, iphone and my daughters computer window 10same as mine.I have every fix i can find, updated the driver, removed and reinstalled drivers printer software, checked the wifi and all. PLEASE does anyone have any idea what to do please??!!

:)

Nickii.8452, Dec 6, 2022
  2. PiKo Win User

Brother Printer exists & works, but won't "Install" - Why?

Check whether I understood you well.
    First try: Add new printer, Windows finds printer and loads its own drivers/programme automatically. It wprks but not with the Brother drivers.
    Second try: Brother package: failed
    I suggest a third try: Add new printer; the printer that I wanted is not listed; continue and see of your model is listed. in the list of printers.
    I had difficulties with setting up another Brother printer, and the third try solved it.

PiKo, Dec 6, 2022
  3. bobkn Win User
    Brother Printer help

Looks like Brother strongly avoids support via human.

One suggestion: attach the printer, and make sure that it's not in standby mode. The PC should be connected to the Internet. Go into "devices and printers" and click the "add a printer" button. I'd place a small bet that the PC will find the printer, and install the drivers.

If you are desperate to download drivers, you could go to https://www.catalog.update.microsoft...aspx?q=hl-1240 The largest download is for IA64 (Intel Itanium) based systems, and would be useless to you. It's not obvious to me which of the other two downloads is appropriate; they both seem to include 64 bit Windows support. What you'd get, either way, is a CAB file. To install that, see: Install CAB file in Windows 10 I use the command line technique. (Helpful hint: you can shift-right click on a file, and select "copy as path". You can then use that as the path to the cab file for the dism command. Saves typing.)

I hope one of those suggestions helps you.

bobkn, Dec 6, 2022
  4. topgundcp Win User

I can NOT for life of me get my Brother Printer online, Please Help?????

Can't Access networked Brother Laser printer- To print or use Web I/f

Not all Printer drivers are included in the installation media. Even mine (Brother HL-4040CN), you would need to manually add it to the list:

1. Control Panel->Devices and Printers->Add a Printer
    2. Follow the steps to set up a network printer. At one point, Windows will search for available printer, click on "The printer that I want isn't listed"
    3. Click on "Windows Updates". Windows will start downloading a complete list of Printers.
    4. Select your printer name & model then install.

EDIT: Just tried to install as a USB printer for MFC-7820N since I don't have this printer to set up as a network printer. The result as shown in the list after clicking on "Windows Update":

I can NOT for life of me get my Brother Printer online, Please Help????? [​IMG]

topgundcp, Dec 6, 2022
Thema:

I can NOT for life of me get my Brother Printer online, Please Help?????

1. I can NOT for life of me get my Brother Printer online, Please Help????? - Similar Threads - life Brother Printer

2. I can NOT for life of me get my Brother Printer online, Please Help?????

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can NOT for life of me get my Brother Printer online, Please Help?????: I can NOT for life of me get my Brother Printer online......Printer works for my ipad, iphone and my daughters computer window 10same as mine.I have every fix i can find, updated the driver, removed and reinstalled drivers printer software, checked the wifi and all. PLEASE...
  3. I can NOT for life of me get my Brother Printer online, Please Help?????

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can NOT for life of me get my Brother Printer online, Please Help?????: I can NOT for life of me get my Brother Printer online......Printer works for my ipad, iphone and my daughters computer window 10same as mine.I have every fix i can find, updated the driver, removed and reinstalled drivers printer software, checked the wifi and all. PLEASE...
  4. Help me with my brothers laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help me with my brothers laptop: My brother cant remember his overlook password for his laptop. we try to recover it but it goes to restart it and ask the same things like troubleshoot ones and stuff but you need a password and he doesnt know it. but every option we choose it asks to restart and come back to...
  5. Help me with my brothers laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help me with my brothers laptop: My brother cant remember his overlook password for his laptop. we try to recover it but it goes to restart it and ask the same things like troubleshoot ones and stuff but you need a password and he doesnt know it. but every option we choose it asks to restart and come back to...
  6. How can I get an icon for my brother printer on my homepage?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can I get an icon for my brother printer on my homepage?: I need an icon on my homepage and internet in order to print copies of selected items. How can I get one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-an-icon-for-my-brother-printer-on-my/3454372e-ada5-48f8-8191-025dcf32daf8
  7. Brother Printer help

Brother Printer help: I was recently given a Brothers printer, HL-1240 and according to the users manual Windows 10 should have the drivers for this printer built in. I hooked it up and everything seems to be there and it made noises like it was booting. I then updated Windows just in case. I then...
  8. help please my life is screwed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    help please my life is screwed: i deleted the one drive folder and all my files on the desktop are gone, i didn't backed up anything, and in the first time i purchased my laptop the one drive cloud poped up in front of me and asked if i wanted to back up everything on one drive, i agreed then when onedrive...
  9. My printer is offline? How can I get it online?

My printer is offline? How can I get it online?: My printer is offline? How do I get it back online? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-printer-is-offline-how-can-i-get-it-online/df7cadf5-513e-4e9d-a08f-bf69b94ba30d
  10. Please help me get back online

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Please help me get back online: Okay, I literally signed up for these forums with the hope that someone here will be able to help me fix this issue. I'm borrowing my roommate's laptop and have been googling fixes for nearly 12 hours now and nothing has worked. Sunday I was able to get online just fine, but...